Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Team Letter - September 25, 2019

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Team Letter - September 25, 2019

Greetings, Ascended!

First of all, the team wants to apologize for our lack of communication lately.

This is, among other things, because of the data center move that is - unfortunately - still going on at this point.

What do we mean when saying data center move, you ask?
    We're moving ALL of our systems and hardware from one location to another. As already briefly mentioned on the community Discord server, this procedure affected the forums, the forum login, and several other internal tools from all games.

This was and is still an important thing to do because having all systems in the same data center makes it easier for us to react and work with the servers faster. It also gives us the power to increase server performance and structure more easily, and we know that's one of the things you (and we as well) wish for the most.

That being said, we are aware of the current state of the NA and EU servers (lags, NPCs disappearing, crashes,...) and our team is constantly working on those issues. Once the data center move is complete, we can completely focus on server stability and lags, finally.

Now, we know this is not all you expect from a team letter, so let us jump to the other important topic: Content.

Let us first make it clear that we haven't forgotten about you. This community was, is and will be essential to us.

As much as we would like to, we are not able to reveal what we are planning right now. This is because our plans are not final and we have a bunch of stuff that still needs to be sorted out in order to make it presentable. Be assured that we have not forgotten you and we are watching (and reading) your feedback and that we can have a closer look at what we can do once we are more settled.

In addition to this, most of you have probably noticed that some of the developers are no longer with us. However, there is no need to worry overall as we already expanded the team and continue to work hard on this product. There are no plans to shutdown RIFT.

Last but not least, while our developers continue to work hard, the rest of the team will, of course, do the same. We will try to create our own events (along with already existing ones like CTAs) and prepare special and fun stuff for you guys to do in the meantime.

There are many years to come and we hope we can continue to spend them with you!

Your RIFT Team
    Discord: Zyra#0666

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9cSFRBzJc always.

I mean expanding you mean adding +1 art guy + 1 Game designer or something bigger ? Just curious

Or adding 1 APM and 1 more CM

Last edited by Omerr; 09-25-2019 at 02:39 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzFXI_v9W8
    (Joking of course)

Thank you very much for the update! Is there a rough ETA on when this data move will be complete? Even a rough guestimation would nice.

It's always nice to hear some reassurance that the game isn't in any danger of shutting down as that always seems to be the immediate concern (rightfully so). I'm sure the usual subset of people will still claim it's shutting down next week, but not much you can say to them. As far as team expansion goes, is this referring to actual developers dedicated to Rift or is this just more people added to the overall team that manages Trion's former IPs? We know it's been commonplace for them to share certain roles between all of the games, but as far as we've known up until this point, it's been maybe 2-3 at best on the Rift team working full time.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Shadowlander

I feel like we are the friend zoned losers while rift is our hot girl crush just stringing us along.... but I don't care... I'm here for you baby, use me as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    As much as we would like to, we are not able to reveal what we are planning right now. This is because our plans are not final and we have a bunch of stuff that still needs to be sorted out in order to make it presentable.
    So, after almost a year, there are still no plans. After almost a year, Gamigo is still using "please wait some more" to escape reality. After almost a year of waiting some more for nothing, how does Gamigo honestly expect us to wait some more for information on what might eventually come somewhere down the road in a couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    I feel like we are the friend zoned losers while rift is our hot girl crush just stringing us along.... but I don't care... I'm here for you baby, use me as you wish.
    XD, thx for that, made me smile. One like from me hehe.
    Kneel (I'm joking, just let me look down on you)

Doflamingo@Deepwood (pve), Shankz@Deepwood (pve, pvp sometimes), Kaido@Deepwood (pvp), Blakbeard@Deepwood (pvp)

Sorry but this still looks like more of the same.

TBH it looks like Gamigo has no plans to really revitalize this game and and restore it's stature as one of the better theme-park MMO's out there. Shame really, because I always felt like Rift had the best formula and was the most fun.

It's turned into a theme-park with most of the rides being past their prime or unfinished, and what is still working is often blocked due to the themepark itself being closed due to disrepair.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

I'm going to bookmark and screenshot this letter because I have strong feeling this will come around and bite gamigo eventually. These letters are no use to me at least anymore. Once i actually see content I will maybe, just maybe consider believing again but still hold on to the thought that it will all returnt to the way it is now.

I'm not a negative person nor I want the game to suffer. Its just that we've been on the abyss for so long that i got used to it. IF GAMIGO REALLY IS LISTENING/READING, I suggest looking back at how Storm Legion was and create content similar to it. Many raid dungeons easy through hard mode, THEN TV/internet/social media ADVERTISE to bring in new players gifting them a new player f2p pack so good it is irresistible, paid packages better than the free ones and yes it will cost a ton of money but they have to think long term with player retention. Bring back pvp stats, conquest and so on. And once and for all remove the chaotic planar fragment system, make 2 sets of pve gear for tank and dps or heal as opposed to pres-overlord and remove eternals. A new expansion means a fresh start. So basically do the opposite thing "Tryno" did with Nightmare Tide and Prophecy of Ahnket. Maybe even make flying mounts possible as well as the next expansion compatible with flying mounts but negate flying on old world content.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Carry On.

I said something decided not to bother because I didn't say anything no one already knew and those who need to hear it will not act on it and only leave us the players squabbling. I don't want to squabble no more heh
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-25-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    those who need to hear it will not act on it
    I read it and agree. Would have written the same in my previous post, but decided against it for the same reason.

Champion

This is so sad...

Looks like 2023 meme is gonna be real.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    ROFL!

Shield of Telara

I don't know why they even bother with this. It's so full of hot air it's a joke.

eso
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Greetings, Ascended!

First of all, the team wants to apologize for our lack of communication lately.

This is, among other things, because of the data center move that is - unfortunately - still going on at this point.

What do we mean when saying data center move, you ask?
    We're moving ALL of our systems and hardware from one location to another. As already briefly mentioned on the community Discord server, this procedure affected the forums, the forum login, and several other internal tools from all games.

This was and is still an important thing to do because having all systems in the same data center makes it easier for us to react and work with the servers faster. It also gives us the power to increase server performance and structure more easily, and we know that's one of the things you (and we as well) wish for the most.

That being said, we are aware of the current state of the NA and EU servers (lags, NPCs disappearing, crashes,...) and our team is constantly working on those issues. Once the data center move is complete, we can completely focus on server stability and lags, finally.

Now, we know this is not all you expect from a team letter, so let us jump to the other important topic: Content.

Let us first make it clear that we haven't forgotten about you. This community was, is and will be essential to us.

As much as we would like to, we are not able to reveal what we are planning right now. This is because our plans are not final and we have a bunch of stuff that still needs to be sorted out in order to make it presentable. Be assured that we have not forgotten you and we are watching (and reading) your feedback and that we can have a closer look at what we can do once we are more settled.

In addition to this, most of you have probably noticed that some of the developers are no longer with us. However, there is no need to worry overall as we already expanded the team and continue to work hard on this product. There are no plans to shutdown RIFT.

Last but not least, while our developers continue to work hard, the rest of the team will, of course, do the same. We will try to create our own events (along with already existing ones like CTAs) and prepare special and fun stuff for you guys to do in the meantime.

There are many years to come and we hope we can continue to spend them with you!

Your RIFT Team
    Few years back we built 250+ server science cluster for local university. Servers + bunch of storage servers+plenty of switches. We had it all running on 1gbit(management), 10gbit(storage network), 40gbit(low latency infiniband) on calc servers on scientific linux.

When all the Supermicro, Mellanox and Intel crap arrived, the whole thing was set up and tested by 2 employees in ~24 hours. Since we were late with tender, we were in hell of a hurry.

I'm sure Gamigo has thousands of servers, no idea why, when you can just rent dedicated or virtual server, but it still will not take weeks with a decent team. It will take weeks with 1 guy who has to google how to connect cables or bunch of amateurs testing, or bunch of lazy 5 to 9 guys who spend more time on facebook than working.
    Last edited by Acalos; 09-26-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Removed the insults

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast