+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lag, Connectivity Issues and Sales - Transparency Post

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Lag, Connectivity Issues and Sales - Transparency Post

Greetings Ascended,

To help improve communication between our Team and the Community, we are writing this post to keep you all informed and answer some questions brought up. We have been monitoring the status of the game and, as pointed out by some of you already, EU is experiencing lag issues. Our Dev Team and IT Department are both aware and looking into it together.

Currently, IT is focusing on NA due to the ongoing server problems, and then the focus can move on to resolving EU lag issues. The mentioned systems are quite complex and working on them requires time, but you can rest assured these are our top priorities right now.

Ok, CM... but why is the Team spending time on sales when you could be fixing lag and other issues!?
    Ok, hold on to that thought. The RIFT Team is composed by a lot of different people with their own specialities and tasks. We want to make clear that sale releases do not take up IT time as this is not part of their job. In other words: while sales are being prepared, the IT Department and Devs are indeed working on issues and upcoming content.

Should any question arise don't hesitate to poke the team!

Your RIFT Team
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    POKE!!!

Here's a very good question for you. If the following statement is true

The RIFT Team is composed by a lot of different people with their own specialities and tasks. We want to make clear that sale releases do not take up IT time as this is not part of their job. In other words: while sales are being prepared, the IT Department and Devs are indeed working on issues and upcoming content.
    then what exactly is preventing the people in charge from telling us what the future holds for this game? A Community Manager manages the community. A Developer develops the game. What about the Producer? Or Product Manager? Or Lead Story Person? Why have none of them taken the time out of their busy schedule to sit down and write a post for us, telling us about what's to come, what the company is working on, what the vision for the future is?

Yes yes, there was that post where you wrote things will come as and when they are ready, instead of in regular expansions, but that's really not saying anything. Just like most posts from Gamigo...

Lag is definitely an ongoing issue at NA. Including Right Now!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

As for sales? IDC. But lets keep the game moving okay. This will not stand long. (Forgive me I caught the DUDE on TV last night).
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

We all understand that everyone on their team has their own lanes and responsibilities. That's normal and expected.

What isn't normal is that it took quite a while for a general statement that the team is focusing on the NA issues and will tackle the EU lag issues once the NA connectivity issues are cleared up.

As far as content, of course the playerbase is left to assume there's no plan for any because there's been none for 2 years and we've yet to hear of any roadmaps, teasers, hints, or plans.

We have no idea if a raid or new zone is in the works. Just a vague reference to "future" which anyone would conclude there is no plan at all. It's not even confirmed if there's real plans to actually plan anything.

We've learned more from the Gamigo financial reports about the future of Rift than the team working on it. That speaks volumes about how poor the communication has been between this games producers and it's customers.

I know CMs can only communicate what's allowed by your bosses. And TBH I don't think any posters here have any beef with the CMs here. It's entirely with the state of the game and the perpetual silence.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Thanks for the post Zyra.
    When you will be ready to announce new content (not events) and talk about the future of the game?

Default Lo and Behold!

The first thing I see on news and announcements isssssssz....
    LAG, CONNECTIVITY etc.
    Latency.....
    Error. Please free up some inventory space.
    Mail. Icon showing, open mail, no mail, wait, Mail! Collect, wait.....
    Minions same scenario. Open bags, same.
    It isn't my pc. It isn't my network.
    WAIT
    Delays/Latency

Thank you for this message Zyra, but given the little content that comes out, should we deduce that the team of developers is reduced and still has not been enlarged?
    Or does it mean that developers are working on something very big, and if so, still the communication is still lacking.

This message is sponsored by Google translate, but you must know because you seem to use it for French translations ^^

Exclamation

Thank you for the post

is the Website manager going to add Rift so we know you are keeping us? Archeage and Defiance are on it already.

is the Production teak going to give us an idea of what is on the table for future content?

in 8yrs of live Rift play the players have come to expect communication to entice spending and support of the game, I realize that may not be the Gamigo way of doing things but you are fighting a losing battle on that front, we won't spend without reassurance of returns on investment!

Empty words one more time. I dont wanna hear excuses and such I just wanna see a real stuff like content, roadmap or smth. I think 2023 meme is becoming real... Just shame I'm tired of saying every time but you guys are not understanding that is the real problem. I think I should use different language ?

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Plane Touched

The RIFT Team is composed by a lot of different people with their own specialities and tasks. We want to make clear that sale releases do not take up IT time as this is not part of their job. In other words: while sales are being prepared, the IT Department and Devs are indeed working on issues and upcoming content.

Your RIFT Team
    Why doesn't the marketing team spend time trying to grow the playerbase instead of constantly trying to bilk the remaining players with obvious cash grab "sales" that cause even more animosity among the people that are hanging on to the game desperately hoping it has an actual future?

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Empty words one more time. I dont wanna hear excuses and such I just wanna see a real stuff like content, roadmap or smth. I think 2023 meme is becoming real... Just shame I'm tired of saying every time but you guys are not understanding that is the real problem. I think I should use different language ?
    Noch einmal leere Worte. Ich will keine Ausreden hören und so, ich will nur echte Sachen wie Inhalte, eine Roadmap oder so sehen. Ich denke, das Meme 2023 wird real ... nur eine Schande, ich bin es leid, es jedes Mal zu sagen, aber ihr versteht nicht, dass es das wahre Problem ist. Funktioniert diese Sprache besser?

sry I used Google Translate and it didn't quite translate back to english perfectly so I assume grammar wasn't right
    Last edited by Challengere; 08-20-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

The point about there being different departments for selling and development are all valid points and I think some people forget that. But it just feels like there is no development team and just a selling items team. I do not think that the complaints should be that you guys are selling stuff but rather that you guys are not providing anything new.

With all the lag issues I am not surprised. This is not a gamingo issue it was a trion issue that they struggled with for at least five years. Gamingo just inherited it when they bought the game. When trion packed up I was afraid that gamingo would not be up to the task. Trion had a much larger crew and they struggled with server issues. From the impression I had gathered over the years was that Trion did unconventional things just to keep the servers up. The game might need some major work to become reliably stable at this point. I just don't see gamingo putting that much into this game.

It really is sad, I love this game and I think there is potential for this game to be good and profitable. But it is going to take effort and money to do this and I do not think that gamingo ever planned on doing this with rift.
    Last edited by Skrell; 08-20-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrell View Post
    With all the lag issues I am not surprised. This is not a gamingo issue it was a trion issue that they struggled with for at least five years. Gamingo just inherited it when they bought the game. When trion packed up I was afraid that gamingo would not be up to the task. Trion had a much larger crew and they struggled with server issues. From the impression I had gathered over the years was that Trion did unconventional things just to keep the servers up. The game might need some major work to become reliably stable at this point. I just don't see gamingo putting that much into this game.
    but thats just it whatever Trion was doing was doing WAY more than anything Gamigo has done for server stability, Trion always had us up in under an hour of a crash unless it was Sunday and so far Gamigo has caused more instability in futile efforts to prevent future issues by trying to use this google cloud crap rather than upgrading the Dallas server farm or relocating the game files to new server hardware in another server farm with better IT behind it, no bash on google but the cloud is a sad answer.

Ascendant

Greetings Ascended,

To help improve communication between our Team and the Community, we are writing this post to keep you all informed and answer some questions brought up. We have been monitoring the status of the game and, as pointed out by some of you already, EU is experiencing lag issues. Our Dev Team and IT Department are both aware and looking into it together.

Currently, IT is focusing on NA due to the ongoing server problems, and then the focus can move on to resolving EU lag issues. The mentioned systems are quite complex and working on them requires time, but you can rest assured these are our top priorities right now.

Ok, CM... but why is the Team spending time on sales when you could be fixing lag and other issues!?
    Ok, hold on to that thought. The RIFT Team is composed by a lot of different people with their own specialities and tasks. We want to make clear that sale releases do not take up IT time as this is not part of their job. In other words: while sales are being prepared, the IT Department and Devs are indeed working on issues and upcoming content.

Your RIFT Team
    Zyra,

Respectfully: another 'transparency post' with exactly ZERO transparancy, ZERO responsibility and ZERO questions answered for any of us.

The only thing left to conclude is that Gamigo is trying to do the same Trion has done: milk the active players for their last dimes before the cloudy hamsters are put out of their misery.

SHOW US ANYTHING OTHER THAN DISRESPECT AND EMPTY WORDS, PLEASE!!
    We've only been asking politely for over 10 months now, right?

And another thing, just in case you have missed the plethora of posts on that part:

The RIFT Team is composed by a lot of different people with their own specialities and tasks. <snip> Should any question arise don't hesitate to poke the team!

Your RIFT Team
    Hello... Team? Team? What Team? Who is 'the team'.... who are all those 'lot of different peoples'.... besides a few CMs doing stuff for other games than Rift....

Last edited by Faerugue; 08-21-2019 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast