+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree240Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter

One thing wow does that I'd like to see rift do, is allow raid groups of small and large sizes 10 man, 11,12,13 man all the way up to 30 man groups, and the raid difficulty changes based on how many players are in the group.

This ensures that a small guild that can muster 10 raiders can do the same raid as a 20 man or larger team, and the more players the more difficult the raid. Every player must be worth their "weight" in a raid like that.

What say ye?

The sad part is every old mmo's are getting content all the time and we are sitting here like nothing. That's what bothers me all the time. I mean literally do we have the beg for content... Don't you guys see EU servers are like a ghost town about 2 months. People's are sitting AFK on tempest....

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Soulwalker

I am really sad to say that I don't believe anything significate will actually happen in a timly manner. The player base will continue to errode away, Gamigo has an incrdibly opportunity to grow and build the rift community, but does nothing. Service tickets go weeks and weeks without any type of responce. Items that were to be addressed 18 months ago, are still exactly the same. Calendar Revamp, Refining the Fragment System, Class balancing, rng.... Several of us have offered to help Gamigo for free to impliment ideas that would benefit both them and the future of Rift...Much like the service tickets, no responce. There are many very very simple things that could be done to make the game more enjoyable and build a player base. A quick 15 minutes in the forums and several issues and opportunity become apparent. Gamigo does not seem to want to invest a few minutes in learning, and bettering their investment. I love Rift but I see it continue to downward spire.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bellona View Post
    Service tickets go weeks and weeks without any type of responce.
    Two days for me and really friendly gm.

Items that were to be addressed 18 months ago, are still exactly the same.
    Gamigo took over Rift at the end of October 2018 = 8 months and 9 days.

30. November 2018 - First Team Letter "Fasti": As we mentioned in our previous Team Letter, the gamigo transition has brought up a number of changes in RIFT’s organization.

31.01.2019: Zyra arrived.

21. 03.2019 - Carnival of the Ascended arrives

31.03.2019 - Rift Prime Closure

10.05.2019: EU Server merge

19.06.2019: Next Team Letter.

I often read the impatience about the progress in the game, but if you look at the above points in time, then many frustrated contributions are actually still a frustration caused by the old Trion team, which is here directly transferred to the new Gamigo team. We were informed in the two letters and those who were once newly trained also know that something like this does not happen overnight. At the same time as training and internal organization, new content and hotfixes have to be added. The plans were announced here and as answers come many negative and unfriendly comments.

Lef

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    I appreciate your concern regarding my job. Please note that I'm on 3 games in total, so I might do more than you actually see. ;)

On a general note, thank you all for your feedback regarding this team letter. We hope to have more information for you soon.
    I don't believe RIFT's community cares on how many games you're in total. All we care about is what your reflection is on RIFT.

Also, I hate to say but as far as I know quality > quantity and if for example you're late at work because you were working somewhere else, nobody will care, you will get fired.

Try not to take on more than you can handle.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    Two days for me and really friendly gm.
    I would consider myself very luck then. It is well known that the lack of responce to tickets are be poor at best. Zyra responded to this directly for the entire community calling the delays at times SEVERE. I really like Zyra, I know she is doing her best, and I apprecaite that, but Gamigo is really not seizing opportunitys to improve the many known frustrations of the game. To put it into prospective, I have a ticket that is from last month, and still have not heard anything.

Regarding your tickets - Greetings Ascended,

We are aware of the disappointment and inconvenience the, at times severe, delays in ticket resolution had caused you.

Consequently, to catch up with the impact of the transition, we have decided to join forces with the CS for the next month to assist them in working through your issues.

Kind regards,
    Zyra

Gamigo took over Rift at the end of October 2018 = 8 months and 9 days. And proceeded to lay off most of the Staff....Got it, I believe the number retained was 25 to manage all the game.

30. November 2018 - First Team Letter "Fasti": As we mentioned in our previous Team Letter, the gamigo transition has brought up a number of changes in RIFT’s organization.

31.01.2019: Zyra arrived.
    This was a good thing, but really did not impact or resolve the ongoing issues with Rift.

21. 03.2019 - Carnival of the Ascended arrives
    Rehashed the same event....

31.03.2019 - Rift Prime Closure
    Not enough player base to support....

10.05.2019: EU Server merge
    Multiple unsuccessful attempts....

19.06.2019: Next Team Letter.

I often read the impatience about the progress in the game, but if you look at the above points in time, then many frustrated contributions are actually still a frustration caused by the old Trion team, which is here directly transferred to the new Gamigo team. We were informed in the two letters and those who were once newly trained also know that something like this does not happen overnight. At the same time as training and internal organization, new content and hotfixes have to be added. The plans were announced here and as answers come many negative and unfriendly comments.
    I do not disagree that Trion put the game on Cruise control knowing about the pending sale. Impatience, Frustration can be felt with both parties, but none of what you listed as progress actually has resolved long known issues, or improved game play and the player base continues to decline. The merging of servers and shutting down of prime are an indication of less than desired player bases. I think the negative comments come from frustration. Many that play this game do so, because they really love it, but when tickets go unanswered for periods acknowledged as severe, delays, and they can't play...Or they get what they feel is a generic, non commital time frames to much overdue needed fixes. Yes they did inhert many of the issues, but actually putting out a communication with a clear, accountable timeframe would be MUCH better recieved.

A simple, "We know that "fragments or insert whatever" has been a frustration, we have a team working on it right now, and will have some type of resolution ready for testing on the Test sever by Aug 10...That give the player base a timeframe and acknowledgement that their concerns are being address.
    Last edited by Bellona; 07-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    One thing wow does that I'd like to see rift do, is allow raid groups of small and large sizes 10 man, 11,12,13 man all the way up to 30 man groups, and the raid difficulty changes based on how many players are in the group.

This ensures that a small guild that can muster 10 raiders can do the same raid as a 20 man or larger team, and the more players the more difficult the raid. Every player must be worth their "weight" in a raid like that.

What say ye?
    It's nice in theory, but blizzard has major issues balancing the scaling of players in between 10, 20 and 30. It's "easier' to balance those individual raid brackets. The system we had back in Comet of Ahnket at the end of Nightmare Tide was about as good as we could hope for. There wasn't (even more so now) enough players to support 20 man raids which while was disappointing to those of us who played through every expansion, it was just a reality of the times. Easy (LFR now), Normal and Hard Mode. Everyone had a tier they can start off from and work their way up towards. This turned out to be a lot of work to say the least and with an even smaller team at the moment, it's not feasible to do.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Chaser

... but none of what you listed as progress actually has resolved long known issues, or improved game play and the player base continues to decline. The merging of servers and shutting down of prime are an indication of less than desired player bases…..
    I had mentioned the time periods to call your attention about the done work in the background. Trion left back a pile of shards and a frustrated community. Some wrote here absolutely negative as if the new team simply wait and recolor cosmetics only to squeeze the last money out of the leftovers. You had also mentioned problems, that were never solved from the old Trion Team and they had a greater staff.

It looks like the new team was busy until May only with reorganizing and cleaning up the old stuff (Server merge, Prime closure etc.). I do not believe that the Trion employees had given the taking over Staff a friendly induction about what next to do after their spontaneous lay-offs.

From this perspectives the new team works quickly through the leftovers and they are probably really working at the announced topics. And why should they do not work at the announced themes? Gamigo is a healthy company and Rift is an interesting game. It is also interesting for us, the remaining players that we can enjoy the game in future. But there is maybe no future anymore, if the players only badmouthed all and everything and in this sense drive away probably new players with all the negativism here. This negativ spiral can not be good for us.

There are a lot of games but no really alternatives with dimensions like in rift. This ist only my opinion to the situation. And this is, why I pointed at the time and that they surely had a lot to do till may/june.
    Last edited by Maelya; 07-10-2019 at 01:10 AM.

I had mentioned the time periods to call your attention about the done work in the background. Trion left back a pile of shards and a frustrated community. Some wrote here absolutely negative as if the new team simply wait and recolor cosmetics only to squeeze the last money out of the leftovers. You had also mentioned problems, that were never solved from the old Trion Team and they had a greater staff.

It looks like the new team was busy until May only with reorganizing and cleaning up the old stuff (Server merge, Prime closure etc.). I do not believe that the Trion employees had given the taking over Staff a friendly induction about what next to do after their spontaneous lay-offs.

From this perspectives the new team works quickly through the leftovers and they are probably really working at the announced topics. And why should they do not work at the announced themes? Gamigo is a healthy company and Rift is an interesting game. It is also interesting for us, the remaining players that we can enjoy the game in future. But there is maybe no future anymore, if the players only badmouthed all and everything and in this sense drive away probably new players with all the negativism here. This negativ spiral can not be good for us.

There are a lot of games but no really alternatives with dimensions like in rift. This ist only my opinion to the situation. And this is, why I pointed at the time and that they surely had a lot to do till may/june.
    Its true they have money but seems like they dont know how to handle AAA MMORPG games like rift and archeage.

Maybe team is working on smth I dont know but you have to spoil some stuff to make your community happy instead of keeping like a huge secret right. I mean how do you %100 sure about they are working on smth because they didnt rely any information about content, zone wise tho. Interesting.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Soulwalker

Red face Gamigo

I am waiting for Gamigo to do their things and more in the future. Now, for u negative players, Gamigo has been working on the game and i have seen some improvements. The improvements that i dont see is the negative players who keep saying bad things to new players. I have seen more new players coming to Rift in the last week than i have seen in a whole year. My beef with game is warfronts....There r way to many players who cheat from coding, bots, and some exploits that Trion left in the warfronts. The other is the queing for warfronts is very unbalanced and i wish there was a way to have players actually do warfronts starting at lvl 10 instead of having to wait until lvl 70 (65). The cheaters are ruining the fun of pvp in this game and negative players are trying to purposely kill the game. So, please stop and let Gamigo do their thing by fixing Trions mess that was made by angry employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapskali View Post
    I am waiting for Gamigo to do their things and more in the future.
    And how long are you honestly willing to wait? Keep in mind that Gamigo has not delivered any actual content they have made themselves. They've finished up the dungeon from Trion and they've released the battle pass, that's it. Other than that, all we've gotten so far are empty promises and a whole lot of nothing to show for it.

It is not without reason that so many of us are negative at this point in time. And it doesn't matter how big the influx of new players is, if all they see is a game that is moving nowhere and a playerbase that doesn't want to explore the world for the 75th time with them. They'll make it to 70 eventually and be faced with all the same issues that we are currently complaining about. And then they'll leave too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Keep in mind that Gamigo has not delivered any actual content they have made themselves. They've finished up the dungeon from Trion and they've released the battle pass, that's it.
    Enclave of Ahnket was entirely done post acquisition. This was confirmed early on while testing it. Whether people consider it an actual dungeon compared to what we've traditionally had in the past is certainly up for debate.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    and they've released the battle pass, that's it.

Battle pass needs a ton of work. I think this 1st battle pass was just a test. I mean look at those flame wings, they're horrible, I think they took a 2nd grader's drawing with crayons and made a costume out of it. Just look at previous wings, especially the vespid ones. Those are real wings.

Anyways, all I'm waiting for is soul balance at this point in time since it's about the only thing that can be done soon in PTS if they choose to. Raid content too, but maybe they're just lies. Who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6