+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter

I think there was some translation issues with the letter. In that some wording highlights things a bit off. But other then that thank you for communicating to us in a semi formal way.

I look forward to playing this game for the near future. I do agree about new content and what folks are saying but for me it is the long term health of the game that interests me most. Short term I think you are moving the game in a positive direction. Just beware of the cash shop and how it is perceived by players (looking at you intel bundle).

Default MCU style information

Anyone else feel like Zyra has been turned into Kevin Feige's communications manager? I mean could you possibly tell us you are doing absolutely nothing in any more words than that, give Zyra a break from this and just tell us you don't want to share anything with us because you have more doubt in your own ability to produce the promises you might accidentally make us than we do and start false advertising like Avengers previews do, at least we would respect the misinformation if it were as diliberate as that more than being told we are going to be told about something we need to be aware has been promised to be mentioned at a future date that is relatively unknown to the person responsible for not being told anything to report to us.

Hi Zyra, thanks for the post... I just want to say that, for me, CTA and seasonal events like Summerfest are exactly what don't improve anything related to "gameplay" - it's actually interesting that you mentioned Summerfest as it was mentioned right after gamigo took over, then Fae Yule... let's just touch base here on holiday, repeated events not being content let alone "gameplay"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Going forward, we plan to release new dungeons, raids, quests, and levels more quickly, without having to wait for everything to be amassed into one large expansion.
    I fail to see how you're doing these things faster when the record shows the opposite; simple things like a side questline seem out of reach when the "content" developed for BP actually makes me cringe at what sort of quests would come out.
    The type and pace of release you outlined here was expected, but honestly I don't like the phrasing of this letter: mentioning traditional intervals of 1.5 to 2 years between xpacks that had sizeable content to compare to what is being done now feels very demeaning... as others have pointed out, calendar and frag revamp should and could have been done ages ago but it's pretty much what you're saying we have to look forward to in several months...

I still have a little bit of hope somehow down the line more game designers will be hired but for now I'm stepping away; finishing up the silly arti collection from this BP but won't be bothered with the next one unless it's a massive improvement.

Note: We actively collected your questions and concerns on the HoT Community Discord and made sure the prioritization matched across platforms so everybody is heard.
    As a woebegone hero of Telara I have grown a heart-ful of thorns...
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

Trion did not know how to manage this game...and that is another thing...a very big thing.

if they did, they would have succeeded.

Their were obvious things going on , on their side of development. And I bet that the people that stayed their through it all were the real ones who truly loved the game and they didn't deserve to loose their jobs.

How much ya wanna bet that Scott Hartsman got greedy and starting to make new games , knowing it could kill all his games................

That guy is as shallow as they come.

He may as well be a ****ing robot. He is the one who gave ****ty counsel to great inventors. Who ever was in charge of Rift let all the bad ideas just go to their own heads and I hope that they are paying for it, which I'm sure they are. It just upsets me that no one stuck up for themselves...it blows my mind away..
    maybe all of them got a great incentive, but the thing is, did anyone learn anything?... Prolly not.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Perisemiotics View Post
    Hi Zyra, thanks for the post... I just want to say that, for me, CTA and seasonal events like Summerfest are exactly what don't improve anything related to "gameplay" - it's actually interesting that you mentioned Summerfest as it was mentioned right after gamigo took over, then Fae Yule... let's just touch base here on holiday, repeated events not being content let alone "gameplay"?

I fail to see how you're doing these things faster when the record shows the opposite; simple things like a side questline seem out of reach when the "content" developed for BP actually makes me cringe at what sort of quests would come out.
    The type and pace of release you outlined here was expected, but honestly I don't like the phrasing of this letter: mentioning traditional intervals of 1.5 to 2 years between xpacks that had sizeable content to compare to what is being done now feels very demeaning... as others have pointed out, calendar and frag revamp should and could have been done ages ago but it's pretty much what you're saying we have to look forward to in several months...

I still have a little bit of hope somehow down the line more game designers will be hired but for now I'm stepping away; finishing up the silly arti collection from this BP but won't be bothered with the next one unless it's a massive improvement.

As a woebegone hero of Telara I have grown a heart-ful of thorns...
    Maybe She doesn't know Starfall Prophecy expansion announced about 3 years ago. I cannot blame her tho but the team is know that. That is a huge shame.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

are we (or gamigo) gona now be silent about merge?
    what was the problem while first merge?
    what was the problem while second merge?
    when we will have third merge try?
    or maybe no more merge? :x
    i can feel the pain when i think about ppl who removed all chars before merge
    if no merge.. fix guilds while transfer becase i dont want to be on a little empty shard
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu!!@Typhiria

Shadowlander

Default ..

I feel sorry for Zyra. She knew as soon as she got this response from Gamigo that the community would be upset. But she has a job and if she pushes back against the "bosses" on the other side of the Ocean she could lose her job. Its sadly a fact of life. Majority of the people working for someone after normally better at the job then the ones that are in charge. Soon as she got that letter she probably cursed outloud. But she has to put on a good face and post the letter.

What I find funny is that MMORPG posted a story about this on their website today. This wont go over well because their forums will be super negative due to rift's current state. Zyra sadly doesnt have any real power if Gamigo is running Rift just like other companies run their games like Aion and Tera. The real people who make decisions are overseas and discuss everything in their offices and then when they are ready tell the NA employees the plan...and leave no room for discussion. Rift is no longer a NA game. We have to realize that and be willing to deal with it. NA gamers are the type that want things now now now. Gamigo isn't use to that type of customer base and won't be able to deal with it. Even a rift player base that has already stretch it's patience further then they thought capable.

Even if the Rift team announced they were working on a new raid in 2-3 months, it would be another 3+ months before it's released. Or they will rush it out full of bugs and that will cause it's own problems. Only way to get action is to turn off your subs. If everyone bailed in mass numbers it will force them to do some small research to figure out why and they might actually read these post. Then I bet if they want to bring people back they will make some content at a fast rate trying to keep who they have and get back who they just lost. They longer they wait the longer players decide to not return. Subs are the key.

Nothing is happening unless game development happens.

There's no sign of substantial game development.

With no pipeline, well, don't expect subs/etc.

Default 16 Second Piece of Advice

Scott Hartsman's Free Advice in 16 seconds:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dizbo; 06-21-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    <snip>How much ya wanna bet that Scott Hartsman got greedy and starting to make new games , knowing it could kill all his games<snip>
    To be fair, the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) holds more cards and perhaps more power in financial decisions plus many other factors were in play (i.e. Board of Directors). Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    Scott Hartsman's Free Advice in 16 seconds:

Spoiler!
    That is so OP

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    To be fair, the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) holds more cards and perhaps more power in financial decisions plus many other factors were in play (i.e. Board of Directors). Nothing personal.
    which is how Trion buried their company by allowing him to make unkeepable promises to produce a product for a leinholder on their terms despite not actually making sure the company would allocate the necessary resources and manpower to make such an agreement happen successfully.

Gamigo was put in a horrible situation of picking up a game already at the 1.5 - 2yr mark with nothing having been developed for them aside from some bells and whistles that didnt have life to give to the game.

our biggest issue is that they refuse to even hint at what they are attempting to accomplish moment to moment afraid we will judge them on their competence if we find out they fail to succeed at anything they claim to be trying.

Hey Gamigo we know you got a bum deal, we realize you have a big learning curve and may not be able to make things you want to make happen, but the players would at least like to know that you are trying to do these things with a bit more transparency, believe me you could not possibly be judged any worse than you already have, at least if we know what you are trying and are made aware it may not succeed we would know how much effort you are putting into this game now, or are you afraid if we knew how much you arn't doing we would all immediately jump ship and take all our money with us? good luck Euro Co, Americans are fickle and petty and have much different expectations than you would care to indulge

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Nothing is happening unless game development happens.
    There's no sign of substantial game development.
    With no pipeline, well, don't expect subs/etc.
    ---
    In October 2018 Gamingo issued a senior secured corporate bond for 32mil euros under a 50mil framework maturing October 11, 2022 as well as receiving binding offers from 2 institutions for unsecured working capital.

Seems like an immediate priority was cost cutting including migrating to the cloud. There must be mounting pressure to make this title, as well as others, profitable.

P.S. While I feel this is a bold gamble, I don't expect to be shown the full deck, but expecting when the new hires get up to speed, communication will improve drastically.

Source: Year End Report 2018 from Paul Echt, CFO of the gamingo Group.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 06-21-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added ps

[I][SIZE="1"]
    Right now, we also have a few long-term plans for refinements that you’ve been asking for:
    • Daily Calendar Revamp
    • Battle Pass Season 2 (including a quest reroll feature!)
    • Refining the planar fragment system
    • Evaluating the critical chance % for planar fragments

In the meantime, here is what is planned for the near future (next several months) to further improve game play:
    • Call to Action: Unicornalia,
    • Planar Fragment Price Changes
    • Seasonal Events such as Summerfest.
    • We also plan to continue running our Call to Action (CTA) events on a biweekly basis, currently scheduled to run up until Summerfest starts and resume after the seasonal event ends.
    • Reduced costs for the planar fragment system
    I thought you said CONTENT, these are Quality of Life and fixes.

So, what NEW CONTENT do you have planned? Because you make no mention of new zones, raids, dungeons, classes, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Seelinnikoi View Post
    So, what NEW CONTENT do you have planned? Because you make no mention of new zones, raids, dungeons, classes, etc...
    Technically they did mention all of that. Very very vaguely, but it's there:

Traditionally, we released large expansions once every 1.5 to 2 years; that is quite a long time to wait between releases. Going forward, we plan to release new dungeons, raids, quests, and levels more quickly, without having to wait for everything to be amassed into one large expansion. This also means that class balancing for PvE and PvP, addressing specific callings, souls, abilities and items, will happen incrementally.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 06-21-2019 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast