+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree25Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A note on server performance

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager Zyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    161

    Default A note on server performance

    Greetings, Ascended!

    We sincerely apologize for the stability issues and extended downtimes you are currently experiencing in RIFT.

    As you may have noticed, we have recently migrated our EU game servers from an onsite solution to a leading cloud computing platform. We heavily prepared for this transition, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Rest assured that improving RIFTs server reliability is our highest priority.

    Due to the current connectivity issues, we understand that you do not yet feel the positive effects of moving to the cloud platform. Nevertheless, we want to key you in as to why we chose this path and what it means for you in the future.

    Our reason for moving to the cloud platform was to enhance your gaming experience. The dynamic scalability options available in the cloud platform allow for game server updates to be deployed much faster and with fewer errors. Autoscaling, now built into RIFT, dynamically adjusts servers so there is always enough overhead to handle even the most populated instances. It even saves resources which we can then directly invest back into the further development of RIFT.

    We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.

    Your gamigo team
    Discord: Zyra#0666

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Greetings, Ascended!

    We sincerely apologize for the stability issues and extended downtimes you are currently experiencing in RIFT.

    As you may have noticed, we have recently migrated our EU game servers from an onsite solution to a leading cloud computing platform. We heavily prepared for this transition, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Rest assured that improving RIFTs server reliability is our highest priority.

    Due to the current connectivity issues, we understand that you do not yet feel the positive effects of moving to the cloud platform. Nevertheless, we want to key you in as to why we chose this path and what it means for you in the future.

    Our reason for moving to the cloud platform was to enhance your gaming experience. The dynamic scalability options available in the cloud platform allow for game server updates to be deployed much faster and with fewer errors. Autoscaling, now built into RIFT, dynamically adjusts servers so there is always enough overhead to handle even the most populated instances. It even saves resources which we can then directly invest back into the further development of RIFT.

    We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.

    Your gamigo team
    Thanks for releasing such information but I (and plenty others) will be more happy if you can reply following questions.
    1. Are there any other game Gamigo migrated to GCP?
    2. Is Gamigo using RIFT for test enviroment for other games?
    3. Do you think PTS tests done for this purpose was enough or you guys accept that dataset you acquired thru that test was insufficient?
    4. How long EU people will face this issues?
    5. Do you have any plans to migrate both NA and EU after this whole transition done?
    6. Do you think will people from EU keep playing if this problems keep being persistent?
    7. Do you think was it right time to release on going store sales when such kind of problems are around?
    8. Are you guys aware plenty of people not being able to get updated IP configuration thru glyph and therefore they can't even connect to game like on this thread

    Thanks in advance for possible answers.
    Last edited by aileen; 05-28-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    I agree with Aileen on the timing, it was ill appropriate to be offering us sales for cash grabs with so many problems occuring, it came across as rude and callus to most and put a sense of fear of player leeching that needs to be addressed through an appology pack of some sort which should be far bigger for the EU player base.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Clowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    1. Are there any other game Gamigo migrated to GCP?
      ...
    https://medium.com/gamigotechblog/cl...y-59891d7c7afc mentions that Gamigo has migrated Aura Kingdom to cloud hosting as a proof of concept and pilot phase. Rift is not the first game.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

  5. #5
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Thanks for the announcement, please keep us in the loop.

    Also +1 to Aileens questions.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    https://medium.com/gamigotechblog/cl...y-59891d7c7afc mentions that Gamigo has migrated Aura Kingdom to cloud hosting as a proof of concept and pilot phase. Rift is not the first game.
    Ah I know that article ;p actually my bad on question wise I meant any other game they acquired from Trion.

    Still I do not believe game like AK would have more complicated server side than RIFT from what we have been told by previous overlords.

    So RIFT should be their first "AAA" (thou currently former AAA) game they migrated.
    Last edited by aileen; 05-28-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Community Manager Zyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Thanks for releasing such information but I (and plenty others) will be more happy if you can reply following questions.
    1. Are there any other game Gamigo migrated to GCP?
    2. Is Gamigo using RIFT for test enviroment for other games?
    3. Do you think PTS tests done for this purpose was enough or you guys accept that dataset you acquired thru that test was insufficient?
    4. How long EU people will face this issues?
    5. Do you have any plans to migrate both NA and EU after this whole transition done?
    6. Do you think will people from EU keep playing if this problems keep being persistent?
    7. Do you think was it right time to release on going store sales when such kind of problems are around?
    8. Are you guys aware plenty of people not being able to get updated IP configuration thru glyph and therefore they can't even connect to game like on this thread

    Thanks in advance for possible answers.
    Hello aileen!

    Thank you for all your questions. The CM team will make sure to pass those on.

    What I can already answer you is question 1 and 2:
    • Defiance 2050 had it's GCP transfer on the 11th of April (downtime notice here)
    • Defiance Original had it on the 18th, 22th and 24th of April (notice here, here and here)
    • ArcheAge had it on the 23rd (notice here)
    • Trove had it on the 18th of April and the 1st of May(notice here, here and here)

    Hopefully I got it all correct, too many links.

    So no, RIFT definitely wasn't used for testing purposes and it wasn't the first of the TRION games.

    Best regards!
    Discord: Zyra#0666

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hello aileen!

    Thank you for all your questions. The CM team will make sure to pass those on.

    What I can already answer you is question 1 and 2:
    • Defiance 2050 had it's GCP transfer on the 11th of April (downtime notice here)
    • Defiance Original had it on the 18th, 22th and 24th of April (notice here, here and here)
    • ArcheAge had it on the 23rd (notice here)
    • Trove had it on the 18th of April and the 1st of May(notice here, here and here)

    Hopefully I got it all correct, too many links.

    So no, RIFT definitely wasn't used for testing purposes and it wasn't the first of the TRION games.

    Best regards!
    Thanks for reply!

    I verified following other ex-trion games moved to GCP on EU;

    Defiance1 EU Region: login-live-eu-pc.defiance.com points GCP.

    Defiance 2050 PTS: 34.73.135.149 points GCP.

    Defiance 2050 EU: auth.pceu.d2050.triongames.com points GCP.

    ArcheAge PTS: 34.73.209.11 points GCP.

    Trove EU: ams-c12-b01.ams.triongames.com points GCP.

    But for ArcheAge EU servers are not pointing GCP (in glyph thou), unless after successfully login game getting redirect for GCP like in server select screens, I couldnt verify for them.

    ArcheAge EU: 46.253.159.4 it directly points Gamigo's own IP block.

    Rest of the games I was able to verify they are having GCP ip addresses appointed for them.

    At least it's clear RIFT is not only used for GCP transition but now another question comes to minds.

    If other games like Trove and Defiance not having issue (ArcheAge's usage of GCP still unknown) then why RIFT facing such hard times, or is it problem in all of the games genericly? If not what you guys plan to fix this issue? Will you increase man power on engineering side for RIFT?

    It's clear RIFT server side has some problems even before GCP transition, like random crashes, freezes happening since 1st quarter of last year even before prime launched.

    Back in time I was able to crash servers with "recyclesomeplanarfragments" ingame command by sending invalid item id when I was coding an addon for it then RR solved it by removing the command from game but clearly wasn't best way to fix it.

    What I'm trying to say I'm sure there is plenty basic checks not applied on server side of RIFT which is causing segmentation faults.

    Hope you guys will solve it but each passing day making this worser for game's sake.
    Last edited by aileen; 05-28-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  9. #9
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    At least ArcheAge seems to have issues on similar level:

    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...er-performance

    On the Defiance forums I could also find some complaints about crashes, lag and downtimes in the last weeks. Trove seemed to be unaffected (judging by their forums).
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    1. With the current situation ongoing, what about people who are not able to get the 21 day mount thing from the calendar [not everyone can hop on any hour of the day].

    1. Are you still planning on merging the shards on the 5th of June with this MASSIVE PROBLEM [because that is what is it] going on, AND WITHOUT HAVING ANSWERED ANY OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED IN THE OTHER THREAD[S] ABOUT THIS TOPIC???

    1. Why do you apparently feel the need to simply lie in the original post and pretend things were not great and will now be great? I mean, do you REALLY think the playerbase is THAT stupid and/or gullible? I mean:
    We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.
    You can NOT be serious if you think anyone is going to fall for that, right?

    When are we, as players, going to get anything but slapped in the face time after time? How much more do you think people can take? Check what's happening on what's left of the 'servers' ...


  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    i believe they are working on issues...but a lot of stuff takes time. yeah, ongoing issues...but i do not think they are sitting around just wondering how to screw us over. with any company: they probably have a million hands things must pass through before action can be taken. sucks...but normally works like that.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Please write what time to come to play.
    Thank.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Greetings, Ascended!

    We sincerely apologize for the stability issues and extended downtimes you are currently experiencing in RIFT.

    As you may have noticed, we have recently migrated our EU game servers from an onsite solution to a leading cloud computing platform. We heavily prepared for this transition, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Rest assured that improving RIFTs server reliability is our highest priority.

    Due to the current connectivity issues, we understand that you do not yet feel the positive effects of moving to the cloud platform. Nevertheless, we want to key you in as to why we chose this path and what it means for you in the future.

    Our reason for moving to the cloud platform was to enhance your gaming experience. The dynamic scalability options available in the cloud platform allow for game server updates to be deployed much faster and with fewer errors. Autoscaling, now built into RIFT, dynamically adjusts servers so there is always enough overhead to handle even the most populated instances. It even saves resources which we can then directly invest back into the further development of RIFT.

    We believe that you will soon benefit from even better server performance, lower latency, and much less downtime than you had in the past. We thank you, our loyal players, for your patience and understanding during this time.

    Your gamigo team
    Please write what time to come to play.
    Thank.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4

    Default ???

    And Server Down again hahahaha .....

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    5

    Default ZZyra

    Thought about what compensation we could hope to receive apart from a useless artifact ... i;'ll bet not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts