+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree253Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Live Shard merges

Default Dimension question

Seeing as a dimension loses all its +1's during a server transfer, how are you going to handle this merge?
    Are all the dimensions that are moved going to start over on zero?

It would be most fair if all either got to keep all +1's or all got reset (including the shard everyone moves to)
    Most dimension builders are fairly touchy about their +1's, as it means your dimension will be seen by others if they look on the weekly or overall lists and therefore gets more visitors.
    Messing with this will NOT go over well with us....

I have way more characters than I am allowed to keep and I have no idea what to do.
    They are mostly characters with several large dimensions i payed a lot of real money to expand to max for storing dimension items.
    These large expanded dimensions is something I have bought and payed for, and now you ask me to just delete it?

Lucky for me I have not built anything of importance on other EU shards, but other builders will not be as lucky.
    Many of us love a blank canvas to build on, meaning we need to build on a different character each time if we want the same empty dimension.

Will I get compensated in any way so I can get more dimensions expanded on the characters I can keep ?
    Or will you give me my money back seeing as you are taking back/deleting what I bought?

Poly
    Last edited by polynomia; 05-22-2019 at 01:14 AM.

RIP all my characters on Zaviel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzogg View Post
    my other half also has an account with only 2 slots and when it gets merged she will loose acess to 2 toons, will she be able to decide which or the two hidden she will be able to use if she deletes one of the ones on typheria?
    Does she have all of her character slots filled up with characters on every current shard? If she has any open spaces on any of the left over shards, after merge, she should be able to transfer (for free) her character(s) to another shard that has room and that -should- allow her access to the merged characters. That's my hunch..

However, she could preemptively prepare her characters right now, before the merge. Each character level 10 or higher can transfer for free (7 day cooldown per character). If she has characters on the shards that are planned to merge into Typheria, she could transfer those characters to one of the other shards that will be remaining after merge, and avoid this whole mess.

P.S. Welcome to RIFT! Please mind the mess.. It really is an amazing game. Sorry you had to join during this messy ordeal. We're still going through some growing pains with the new overlords.. ^^;
    "I'm not sure where I am.. But it's much more fun this way!" ~Aazu

twitter.com/Kitaelia

I think the transfer level for a character is level 15..

level 10 is the level requirement for Event quests such as Scavenger hunts during Summer event...

And to keep in mind... upto level 40, you can transfer 3x your level in plat... so a level 15 can take 45 plat along on a voluntary transfer, while a level 40 or 41 (not sure what level it exactly turns) can take unlimited plat with him/her on a voluntary transfer...

A merge should not have this/these requirement(s)

Rift Disciple

There is still no e-mail about this massive change. Anyone else got it?

It's few weeks away, it's going to be a total clusterf*ck...

You should let your EU players know, that such change is comming. I was 6 years away from game and I knew I'll come back someday to play content that was released, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it would suck to discover that bunch of your toons gone MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    Seeing as a dimension loses all its +1's during a server transfer, how are you going to handle this merge?
    Are all the dimensions that are moved going to start over on zero?

It would be most fair if all either got to keep all +1's or all got reset (including the shard everyone moves to)
    Most dimension builders are fairly touchy about their +1's, as it means your dimension will be seen by others if they look on the weekly or overall lists and therefore gets more visitors.
    Messing with this will NOT go over well with us....

I have way more characters than I am allowed to keep and I have no idea what to do.
    They are mostly characters with several large dimensions i payed a lot of real money to expand to max for storing dimension items.
    These large expanded dimensions is something I have bought and payed for, and now you ask me to just delete it?

Lucky for me I have not built anything of importance on other EU shards, but other builders will not be as lucky.
    Many of us love a blank canvas to build on, meaning we need to build on a different character each time if we want the same empty dimension.

Will I get compensated in any way so I can get more dimensions expanded on the characters I can keep ?
    Or will you give me my money back seeing as you are taking back/deleting what I bought?

Poly

Im 6th on the Zaviel server with my dimension. Ill be very dissapointed if i lose all my hard earned likes..

Default IM with Thumpelina

Im with Thumpelina on this Ive worked damm hard to get to 4th on zaviel next to Thumpelina whos 5th and amazing btw. AND what happens to the guild Dimensions Ive created. Ive spent too much money and time to have them packed up. Got thrown out of Warlords of Telara when I was ill cant even access the guild dimension I spent so much on, and no one is ever on line on that guild.So i lost a huge amount of money on that already which shouldnt be able to happen!
    Does anyone know if we have to pack up the guild dimensions or not?
    Hugs and Cookies

I definitely understand your pain guys, I was having one of highest rated dimensions on prime like was 3rd for long time on ranking but when prime closed and all toons migrated I sadly lost all the likes I had.

That should be addressed well, all the hard work I did on prime was returned me as likes but now I lost that precious stuff for me.

Hopefully they will solve it prior to doing this, dimension community is important for RIFT and I hope it will not face the same fate of PvE and PvP communities.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8