+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Live Shard merges

Seriously, they could have preemptively answered some of these questions or at least given a time frame in which they can get it figured out (like "we'll give you more details on the XXth when we have a more clear idea of what will happen").

I think they should e-mail people too, this change is pretty massive and if they do it wrong - it will kill off whatever enthusiasm lurking (potential returning) players might have had.

If they slash the server count in half it's only fair they double the character slots per server so we can relocate all and any of them to new planes of existence.

Soulwalker

I've been thinking about moving on from Rift for a while now, and having this mess dumped in my lap is likely to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I'll keep an open mind until I see what happens -- but honestly, if they screw it up, I'm probably done.

I feel like I'm the only one who supports this change lol.

In terms of immersion, social and progress we're all one server anyway. All the servers do is act as unnecessary barriers, particularly the AH.

It seems the only worry people have are:

Names - Deal with it, I myself have never come across someone with the same name or guild name anyway

Lost Bank Vaults - Deal with it, they aren't going to compensate you for this obviously, that's a mammoth task

Characters - Once again I have to teach logic to the masses, they will not make you delete any chars.

Shard Hopping - At this stage in the game it's not really a major issue, but players have come accustomed to convenience. There will still be 3 servers, which honestly is enough for convenience hopping, a slight increase to event regularity and node cd's would obviously go along way.

Honestly, I don't even know why they've decided to keep 3. We're all essentially on the same network anyway, so the language differences is something we're used to. Personally I would just reduce it down one "megaserver" with potential shards for overloading. This would help merge the economy and finally get rid of the dreadful muling we have to do. They're probably keeping it in moderation precisely because of the character counts on one server.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-16-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Shard Hopping - At this stage in the game it's not really a major issue, but players have come accustomed to convenience. There will still be 3 servers, which honestly is enough for convenience hopping, a slight increase to event regularity and node cd's would obviously go along way.
    I disagree on this. If I play on a too populated shard my game;s performance suffers a lot, and going to town, especially Tempest Bay, on a crowded shard means crashing or anyway a very frustrating experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And for other things as well it's always good to have more shards to hop between. A good number of other MMOs have districts you can jump between, for convenience, regardless of servers. This game uses servers/shards, it would be a shame to lose them.

What are the unnecessary barriers anyway? Guilds? But if you wanna join another guild you can just transfer easily. Other than that I see no limiting barriers, you can group with anyone, you can jump to any area event and so on.

The megaserver idea would be awesome though, to be honest. With an charactername@accountname for everybody to keep the name they want. But I don't think that's ever gonna happen sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post

Lost Bank Vaults - Deal with it, they aren't going to compensate you for this obviously, that's a mammoth task
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY Lost Bank Vaults
    Since when we loose bank vaults we paid for, while transfer I got tons of items in there o.o
    Last edited by TankGirl; 05-16-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Soulwalker

When we will get more answers to all these concerns? Clock is ticking and all we have is silence.
    Mage - The Crew

Quote Originally Posted by loqque View Post
    When we will get more answers to all these concerns?
    I thought we would get some monday this week, five days ago. That didn't happen, so now I am assuming we will not get any AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY Lost Bank Vaults
    Since when we loose bank vaults we paid for, while transfer I got tons of items in there o.o
    I was referring to shard vault. We're talking about a loss of 32 spaces on maximum 3 servers (that are being deleted). It's something players can easily cope with.
    Fwob - Zaviel

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54

Dear Ascended,

First of all we, gamigo, want to apologize for the long response delay and the resulting frustration that you all felt. We understand that the Shard merger announcement was not communicated optimally, and for this we are sincerely sorry. We took your feedback to heart and wanted to make sure we got clear and concise answers on it; this is why we were unable to relay information to you sooner.

Furthermore, all such future announcements will be handled differently. You will get more information before we start collecting additional questions, as you guys already requested previously.

Now to the FAQ:

Question 1: With fewer shards, will the artifact/material node respawn rate be changed?

Answer: Super nodes (artifacts and harvest material use these) should scale automatically. They have a minimum percentage of nodes that can be active at a given time, so if it ever falls below that percentage, it skips the delay, instantly spawning a new one.

Question 2: Will the zone event spawn rate be changed?

Answer: Zone event spawn rates are based on the populations per shard. Rates will automatically scale with the merged population.

Question 3: What if people have more characters than character slots after the transfer?

Answer: The existing cap of 12 characters per shard (13 for those who purchased the Wilds Pack) will not be increased. If 12/13 characters already exist on the shard, some will need to be deleted before the transferred characters will become visible.

Question 4: As Typhiria will inhabit the majority of the players, will further cross-shard features be developed, i.e. mail and auction house?

Answer: Additional cross-shard functionality might be revisited in the future, but there are no current plans.

Question 5: What happens to everyone's dimensions that get merged over?

Answer: Dimensions will transfer with each character to their new home shard.

Question 6: Will the move be fully automated or do players need to transfer their character themselves- If not, what will happen to players who will not be in the game in that short time until the merge?

Answer: The transfers will all be automatic.

Question 7: How can players prepare for the move?

Answer: No preparation is required. Though if players are concerned about name conflicts, the RIFT team does offer a free weekly character transfer if players would like to move their character earlier.

Question 8: Do players need to clear the shared vaults of the shards that are being closed down before the merge?

Answer: No, every item in shared vaults from transferred shards will be available on the new destination shard. Players will only be able to store items in the shared vault for their new home shard. Shared vaults from all other shards will be available in an overflow shared vault, but only a single shard's shared vault will be available. The overflow shared vault is removed only, and no new items can be added to it. In instances where multiple shards are being transferred, any overflow shard beyond the first will not be visible until the first overflow shard has been emptied.

For example, if you had characters on a shard that transfers, you will see one shared vault for your new home shard, and one overflow shared vault. If more than one shard was transferred, the second shard's shared vault will not appear as the overflow shared vault until the first overflow shared vault has been emptied.

Question 9: Will players need to empty their auctions/mail to move their characters across?

Answer: No, they do not.

Question 10: Will guild banks need to be emptied prior to the move?

Question 11: What is going to happen if there are character and guild name conflicts?

Answer: One of the options, still subject to change, is transferred characters will be required to change their name (for free) before logging into their new home shard if a conflict exists. If a guild name conflict occurs, the transferred guild name will receive an appended "!" to their name, and the guild leader will receive a free guild rename scroll.

Question 12: Are there any plans on making resources instanced per player?

Answer: No, there arenít any current plans.

Question 13: What will happen with characters below a level that can transfer?

Answer: There are no level limits for the merge. All characters from the merging shards will be transferred regardless of level.

Additionally, after thoroughly discussing the future and possibilities of the pvp shard, we have decided to keep Bloodiron.

New Merged Layout:
    • Bloodiron (PVP)
    • Brutwacht (German)
    • Brisesol (French)
    • Typhiria (English / xChat Host)
    • Cahail (Hidden Instance Host)

Merges:
    • Skelf (Hidden) / Refuge / Zaviel / Gelidra --> Typhiria
    Last edited by Zyra; 05-17-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

If i already have 10 chars on typhiria and 10 chars on Gelidra, which chars will be transfered automatically and what happens to the chars that dont get transfered? will they be on a trial shard for me to transfer after a few deletions?

Zone event spawn requirements is not the issue, it is more the 2 hour cooldown between zone events that needs to be reduced. (preferably halved)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Question 3: What if people have more characters than character slots after the transfer?

Answer: The existing cap of 12 characters per shard (13 for those who purchased the Wilds Pack) will not be increased. If 12/13 characters already exist on the shard, some will need to be deleted before the transferred characters will become visible.
    This NEEDS TO CHANGE before the merger goes live.

Prophet of Telara

I strongly suggest you revisit this. I am not willing to delete characters I've had for years and put a ton of hours/work into, in order to be able to play other characters I've also had for years and put a ton of hours/work into. I am not the only one who feels this way.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Dear Ascended,

First of all we, gamigo, want to apologize for the long response delay and the resulting frustration that you all felt. We understand that the Shard merger announcement was not communicated optimally, and for this we are sincerely sorry. We took your feedback to heart and wanted to make sure we got clear and concise answers on it; this is why we were unable to relay information to you sooner.

Furthermore, all such future announcements will be handled differently. You will get more information before we start collecting additional questions, as you guys already requested previously.

Now to the FAQ:

Question 1: With fewer shards, will the artifact/material node respawn rate be changed?

Answer: Super nodes (artifacts and harvest material use these) should scale automatically. They have a minimum percentage of nodes that can be active at a given time, so if it ever falls below that percentage, it skips the delay, instantly spawning a new one.

Question 2: Will the zone event spawn rate be changed?

Answer: Zone event spawn rates are based on the populations per shard. Rates will automatically scale with the merged population.

Question 4: As Typhiria will inhabit the majority of the players, will further cross-shard features be developed, i.e. mail and auction house?

Answer: Additional cross-shard functionality might be revisited in the future, but there are no current plans.

Question 6: Will the move be fully automated or do players need to transfer their character themselves- If not, what will happen to players who will not be in the game in that short time until the merge?

Answer: The transfers will all be automatic.

Question 7: How can players prepare for the move?

Answer: No preparation is required. Though if players are concerned about name conflicts, the RIFT team does offer a free weekly character transfer if players would like to move their character earlier.

Question 8: Do players need to clear the shared vaults of the shards that are being closed down before the merge?

Answer: No, every item in shared vaults from transferred shards will be available on the new destination shard. Players will only be able to store items in the shared vault for their new home shard. Shared vaults from all other shards will be available in an overflow shared vault, but only a single shard's shared vault will be available. The overflow shared vault is removed only, and no new items can be added to it. In instances where multiple shards are being transferred, any overflow shard beyond the first will not be visible until the first overflow shard has been emptied.

For example, if you had characters on a shard that transfers, you will see one shared vault for your new home shard, and one overflow shared vault. If more than one shard was transferred, the second shard's shared vault will not appear as the overflow shared vault until the first overflow shared vault has been emptied.

Question 9: Will players need to empty their auctions/mail to move their characters across?

Question 10: Will guild banks need to be emptied prior to the move?

Question 11: What is going to happen if there are character and guild name conflicts?

Answer: One of the options, still subject to change, is transferred characters will be required to change their name (for free) before logging into their new home shard if a conflict exists. If a guild name conflict occurs, the transferred guild name will receive an appended "!" to their name, and the guild leader will receive a free guild rename scroll.

Question 12: Are there any plans on making resources instanced per player?

Answer: No, there aren’t any current plans.

Question 13: What will happen with characters below a level that can transfer?

Answer: There are no level limits for the merge. All characters from the merging shards will be transferred regardless of level.

Additionally, after thoroughly discussing the future and possibilities of the pvp shard, we have decided to keep Bloodiron.

New Merged Layout:
    • Bloodiron (PVP)
    • Brutwacht (German)
    • Brisesol (French)
    • Typhiria (English / xChat Host)
    • Cahail (Hidden Instance Host)

Merges:
    • Skelf (Hidden) / Refuge / Zaviel / Gelidra --> Typhiria

Will we lose our Wishlist in Rift Store? manual transfer remove all items from there. Will merge do same?
    Last edited by TankGirl; 05-17-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Shadowlander

How will the 12/13 char shown be detemined? By /played? By date of creation? By level? By shard, like Typhiria char, then Zaviel char, and then Gelidra char? Then what about the people that mainly play(ed) on Gelidra, but have max char, or equal max char, on Typhiria and/or Zaviel? Or vise versa, what about the people that mainly play(ed) on Zaviel, but have max char, or equal max char, on Typhiria, and/or Gelidra? Will they just have to delete their char until the ones they really want to play pop up? Or will players be able to choose what char are shown?

Also, what about the people that don't have max char slots opened? We start out with 2 for free per shard, will that number be bumped up, or will the extra char be locked until more slots are bought?
    May the frogue be with you.

[COLOR="darkorange"]

Does this apply to guild dimensions as well? Part of the concern with dimensions in general is people losing all of the hard work they put into them and no one wants that work to be lost. This is especially true for guild dimensions which would normally have to pickup their items if they decided to transfer.

Again, as a lot of other people have and had already pointed out.. there's a lot of money (both real and in game) that has been put into many peoples accounts to make and buy slots + level and gear up the multitude of alts that currently exist on both EU and NA. If people are going to be forced into deleting the characters then we're at least owed an explanation as to why they can't be saved.

Was there any amount of discussion about saving all of the characters people have worked on? Even above a certain level?

What's the main issue or issues preventing (server tech or otherwise) from increasing the character slots enough to hold peoples existing characters?

As a general Question:
    Is NA likely to see the same amount of servers go down/merge in the future? It would be good to know what to expect as I currently have 64 characters on my account. That vast majority of which I use.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast