+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Live Shard merges

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    They SHOULD have anticipated a lot of these questions and put up a post IN ADVANCE saying "this is going to happen, here's how this will affect you" and then ask for any further questions. There would be no need for people to be worried and we could have some decent conversation going on. As it is now, we got the "this is going to happen" and then we are left with a ton of questions being asked all over the place and with no answers so far, people are getting more and more worried or even angry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Gamigo only tells us about things AFTER they happen, they'll never be able to get on top of things. They will ALWAYS be behind.
    Not many people are bright, sorry to say.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    It's not happening until June 5th so there's plenty of time until it happens to answer peoples questions, but this was something specifically pointed out back in December and people started asking the same questions back then.
    When will you be done with the white knight thing? Not sure what Ýt's called nowadays but it really, really is getting tiring.

And about the first sentence: 'PLENTY OF TIME? Heck no. For you maybe. But for plenty of others this isn't 'plenty' of anything, but plenty of disrespect [again]. Don't pretend to speak on behalf of Gamigo OR on behalf of the playerbase, please.

The chances are that they knew this was going to most likely happen and chose not to give any details.
    Oh really? And what does that tell us? With something that has the HUGE impact this will have, just tossing this out there and be incommunicado yet again, after what, after 8 months of letting us all hang out to dry - what does that tell us [ok, well everyone but HR12 then]

As someone else pointed out already, they've frequently been dropping big/semi big announcements on Fridays which leaves everyone with lots of questions and then people have to wait 2-3 days + to maybe get answers from the CMs who will maybe gets answers from the development team. A key line to pick out from the above answer is:

We can all hope that's genuinely true, but there's no guarantee that those will be the only "issues". We all want to know with absolute certainty that we won't (for those of us that have them) lose any of our characters and guilds that we put work into when mergers take place.
    Or are you working for them and have you just 'chosen not to tell us'.... or something.

Nothing against you personally, but it really has to stop somewhere ....

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    When will you be done with the white knight thing?
    I'd have to start white knighting before I could actually stop being one, but I understand it's an easy phrase to throw around when you don't agree with someone.

Not sure what Ýt's called nowadays but it really, really is getting tiring.
    About as tiring as being called one. »\_(ツ)_/»

And about the first sentence: 'PLENTY OF TIME? Heck no. For you maybe. But for plenty of others this isn't 'plenty' of anything, but plenty of disrespect [again]. Don't pretend to speak on behalf of Gamigo OR on behalf of the playerbase, please.
    Context matters, but I'll clarify just for you. Plenty of time to answer questions. It will obviously never be enough time for everyone to hop on their accounts and get their stuff organized in preparation for any mergers. I also pointed out (which you even quoted) that even then, there was still that much more time between December and now when they could've addressed those questions.

I have never claimed or pretend to speak on behalf of of the entire playerbase, but I do have plenty of friends and people I know that share the same concerns. There's also a lot of people who I don't know that share those concerns. I don't think it's a difficult to understand when I say "we, others, people" in my posts that I don't mean literally everyone.

Oh really? And what does that tell us? With something that has the HUGE impact this will have, just tossing this out there and be incommunicado yet again, after what, after 8 months of letting us all hang out to dry - what does that tell us [ok, well everyone but HR12 then]
    Like I already pointed out, they left us out to dry since december. If they weren't going to address peoples concerns back then, they shouldn't have brought it up in the first place until they were more certain about it. In that regard we agree. I don't get special treatment like you seem to delusionally believe. I simply press the CMs and the couple of Devs that share their time on discord (when possible) when I want answers. I don't always get them, but I share them when I do.

Or are you working for them and have you just 'chosen not to tell us'.... or something.
    This always makes me smile. It's like me saying you work for another game company and frequently hop on here to talk about how bad the game is because it's your job to trash talk to the competition so people will go to the game made by said company you work for. I suppose both are technically within the realm of possibility, but you get the point.

Nothing against you personally, but it really has to stop somewhere ....
    "Not personal", but you took the time to semi derail (which I'm also doing) the discussion and quote me to say how tired you are about your perception of me white knighting as well as countering my post in general which is fine if you and others want to, but don't pretend it's not personal right at the very end is all.

Lets keep it on topic going forward.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

This does not bode well for people with lots of alts with the same name in different shards.

While I feel bad for the EU players hopefully Gamigo does not go through with this on the NA shards.
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    This does not bode well for people with lots of alts with the same name in different shards.

While I feel bad for the EU players hopefully Gamigo does not go through with this on the NA shards.
    I am afraid that this will likely happen with a couple NA shards... Especially with Seastone and Hailol being fairly quiet, and to an extent Wolfsbane. Doubt Greybriar, Deepwood, and Faeblight are on the chopping block.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 05-13-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    --BC

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    They SHOULD have anticipated a lot of these questions and put up a post IN ADVANCE saying "this is going to happen, here's how this will affect you" and then ask for any further questions. There would be no need for people to be worried and we could have some decent conversation going on. As it is now, we got the "this is going to happen" and then we are left with a ton of questions being asked all over the place and with no answers so far, people are getting more and more worried or even angry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Gamigo only tells us about things AFTER they happen, they'll never be able to get on top of things. They will ALWAYS be behind.
    While I agree that they should have had a FAQ or Q&A prepped and ready to go. However, at this point - it feels as if Rift is just a background-thought when it comes to details.
    --BC

Telaran

Default additional new language servers for RIFT?

in the early days of Gamigo's takeover --I remember a post from a dev that mentioned plans for adding more languages (and for each language a server ofc) to RIFT--I guess that plan has been shelved?

Quote Originally Posted by Batsy View Post
    in the early days of Gamigo's takeover --I remember a post from a dev that mentioned plans for adding more languages (and for each language a server ofc) to RIFT--I guess that plan has been shelved?
    Nope, just more languages:

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    New languages available soon to support you!

Something we’re thrilled to announce is that in the coming weeks we are going to implement German and French Customer Support and Community Management. You can contact all of us in English, of course, but we believe that giving you the possibility to express yourselves in your native language is always better. On the same note, we do not rule out adding additional languages down the road.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367899
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-14-2019 at 12:13 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

You need to fix the 'return of a return' mail bug before the shard merges.

When you send a mail to someone, and they return it to you and then you return it back, the mail then gets stuck in the final recipients mail box for 90 days.
    The items inside the mail are lost and you cannot delete the mail.

These mails will prevent people from being able to transfer shard.

Prophet of Telara

Soooo... when are we going to get an update about whether hundreds to thousands of hours of time spent on characters is going to get binned by server merges making some of us go way over the character-per-shard limit?
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Question EU Live Shard merges

I fear that the merger will cause a total mess, as now!
    And why are the EU servers always affected?
    We (EU servers) already have the most failures and buggies on the American server.
    That will surely mean that we can not play for at least two days!

I'm not thrilled about it. Sorry I can not say anything positive. It is simple enough to server failures on the EU server.

If Gamigo at least did something meaningful, like all things, clothes I can buy for brands and the Tenebrean Engine, etc. would make Sergerbound instead of soulbound!

Shadowlander

Default Are you crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    OK so I have a lot of characters on the EU servers. A LOT. I am well over the 6 per shard.On Zaviel alone I have 12.

What is going to happen to my characters? I will have way WAAAAAY over 13 on Typhiria.

The answers to this will literally determine whether I just pack it in and walk away from the game right now or not, because I have put a mind boggling amout of hours and effort into my characters, and if that's going to be lost then what is even the point of continuing?
    Seriously,
    You can't make a post like that and then ask your player base for questions...There are LITERALLY thousands we can come with, both technically and game play wise. There must be a better way? My first question is why is there like 10 trial shards locked? Are they for the Asian market you are expecting? Are you trying to push NA and EU out? Cause your doing a good job!!!

Shadowlander

Angry Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Not many people are bright, sorry to say.
    And this is how a game dies in Gamioes hands........

Shadowlander

My first question is why is there like 10 trial shards locked? Are they for the Asian market you are expecting? Are you trying to push NA and EU out?
    Those shards you can see has nothing to do with gamigo or the server merge, THOSE are the old shards that got merged years ago, where there is likely still a char on in case the owner comes back and wanna move the char, its still there.

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    You need to fix the 'return of a return' mail bug before the shard merges.

When you send a mail to someone, and they return it to you and then you return it back, the mail then gets stuck in the final recipients mail box for 90 days.
    The items inside the mail are lost and you cannot delete the mail.

These mails will prevent people from being able to transfer shard.
    Try Easy mail addon ;-) When we had BETTER autumn event with artis in special zone. I've send and return and return on alts tooons of mails with arties (so I can get that 90 days and forget about it). With easy mail i deleted, tooked that items etc.

By the way my char A send email to char B and char B did RETURN and char A got that returned mail and later char A moved to another shard, that returnd mail auto RETURNED to char B (got that few times)
    Last edited by TankGirl; 05-15-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast