+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Live Shard merges

Telaran

Default megaserver?--impossible!!!

as I stated before--I'm pretty sure players like me that have 67 chars on the EU servers - (Most of whom took yrs to lvl to 66-70 ) can't be "squeezed"--into even 3 servers-if transfers are being forced from Zaviel (12 chars)+Gelidra (11 chars)+Bloodiron (10 chars) onto Typhiria (which allready has 11 chars--will result in 44 chars on Tyhphiria

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla View Post
    Oh, es wird ja doch informiert was zur Zeit los ist. Damit werden einige der jetzigen Probleme erklärt. Aber zu spät. ich habe schon gekündigt.
    Die Latenz der Cloud ist zu schlecht um vernünftig zu spielen.

Grüße
    Dito, hab mein Abo auch gekündigt! Nach Jahren des Rift spielens tut das zwar schon ein wenig weh, aber das Chaos der letzten Woche und dann immer nur die gleichen vertröstungen
    und Ausreden. Bei Trion gabs da wenigstens für Ausfallzeiten noch Zeit Gutschriften aufs Abo.
    Wie ich in einem anderen Tread schon erwähnte, für mich hat Trion die Waffe gespannt um Rift zu killen und Gamigo zieht den Abzug!!!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    With the recent transition to the Google Cloud Platform, the team has been working hard to improve the server capacity and performance for our European cluster.

In order to adapt the current structure with these latest improvements, shards in our European cluster will be going through merges on June 5th, 2019. After it's all been completed, the European cluster will consist of:

• Brutwatcht (German) (PVE)
    • Brisesol (French) (PVE)
    • Typhiria (English) (PVE)
    • Cahail (Hidden - Used for load balancing dungeons, raids & warfronts)

Bloodiron (PVP), Zaviel, Gelidra & Refuge will be merged into Typhiria (PVE).

Unfortunately the population no longer warrants support for an open world PVP server, as noted above Bloodiron will be merged into the PVE Typhiria environment.

Thank you for your continued support during this transition!
    At last this is what should of happened along time ago..So when is the update for this event and how long is the downtime?
    A colloquial saying. It means that people who don't like you will always find a reason to dislike you, no matter how stupid that reason may be.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JCTCOM View Post
    At last this is what should of happened along time ago..So when is the update for this event and how long is the downtime?
    Well judging from the post
    In order to adapt the current structure with these latest improvements, shards in our European cluster will be going through merges on June 5th, 2019
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

When do we get any answers to the questions asked in this thread about the merges?

You have announced the fact but hopefully you do have a plan of handling the assets move, that include all of which was stated earlier in the thread....

We are waiting, the date seems awefully close for such a big operation, a long downtime is to be expected, but we want to know our time spent on this game, the heart put into building dims and characters, guilds, all the grind - won't go to waste....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmsie View Post
    When do we get any answers to the questions asked in this thread about the merges?
    As usual with Gamigo, expect a long post by Zyra on monday, answering less than half the relevant questions in a somewhat good manner and leaving all the other questions more or less unanswered until friday. They just don't know how to do it any better than this.

Soulwalker

Mit dem kürzlichen Transfer zur Google Cloud Platform hat das Team hart daran gearbeitet, die Serverkapazität und -leistung für unseren europäischen Cluster zu verbessern.
    Wow, ihr habt was verbessert. Leute, das Spiel läuft so schlecht wie noch nie. Laufen fliegt man von den Servern, kein Raid kann mehr vernünftig gelaufen werden.
    Wann bekommt ihr es wirklich in den Griff?

Plane Touched

If you are able to delay it , please do, fix what ever needs fixing before the merge. rift community is patient

there is too much to fix right now for the EU shards.

Other than that, leaving 3 shards with 39 chars max while players have built up more than that and invested time & money in their game/account... That's going to be a big one to compensate.

Nowhere in the ToA is mentioned that players may be forced to permanently delete characters to be able to access created characters that go behind a wall until character slots are freed up on a shard.

With the merge, you may also want to consider some other consequences.. less guilds with bigger pop and the need for more guildvaults.

The need for a bigger shared shard vault for an account.
    It\s not just something for Gamigo to organize, it will also affect many players in their playstyle and administration.

First, eliminating shards, makes finding things, spawning events and farming things far more difficult. As the experiment with Prime showed, making things more difficult, isn't good for business...

Second, if there is no provision made for those who have more characters than will fit on the remaining shards, then you are greatly harming the very players that have put the most time and effort into Rift.

Those who max out, typically leave an empty character slot or two, per shard, to move mule toons around.

I propose you expand the character slots, to the number of slots that are merged to the shard. That shouldn't be difficult or time consuming to code.

Third, forcing players, many of whom have held names in the game since the game began, to change those names against their will, is almost as bad as having to delete a character altogether.

Losing their name, breaks social connections between them and other players.

To hundreds of others, used to seeing them and playing with them most every day, they cease to exist.

We log in to see our friends, to play with people we like. Nobody is hanging around here because of the content.

So we need a real solution for that. Perhaps making numerical characters permissible in a name? That might allow people to continue to be recognizable.

Last, while a merge might make sense for cutting costs, it's bad for player experience. It could potentially be enough to start a stampede for the exit.

Please consider taking the measures I suggested. It would show the players you want to keep them as customers, and It would go a long way towards making us Gamigo fans.

Yours Truly,

Quille of many toons.
    In shining darkness, wisdom finds... what in the light, cannot be seen.

Ascendant

As one of those with many accounts and alts, and guilds with guild vaults ... I can only get in line to get the questions already asked above, answered.

. what about toons / limits
    . what about vaults
    . what about guilds
    . what about the money we've paid for things we no longer will have [if you don't make real changes on the remaining chards]

. I guess I'll also have to ask where I can get a refund for the toons that I recently did NOT stop payment for yet, hoping for 'something' in the future. It's very clear now that there's no future for Rift in the Gamigo shop

It's a sad day

Rift Chaser

To all the people who are saying
    Why aren't they saying anything
    Maybe gamigo is waiting to answer all the questions at the same time instead of answering them one by one where it's easier to lose track of? Maybe they want to answer all the questions in a post format like below so that it's easier to keep track of the information? Atleast to me it's dumb to answer each question one at a time for a large project like this. It'll happen June 5th if things don't get pushed back. That's a few weeks until D-Day. I tihink it's okay to wait a little bit for them to get all the questions answered. You can get your pitchforks and keyboard warrior statuses ready when the time comes.

Q:
    A:
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    To all the people who are saying Maybe gamigo is waiting to answer all the questions at the same time instead of answering them one by one where it's easier to lose track of? Maybe they want to answer all the questions in a post format like below so that it's easier to keep track of the information? Atleast to me it's dumb to answer each question one at a time for a large project like this. It'll happen June 5th if things don't get pushed back. That's a few weeks until D-Day. I tihink it's okay to wait a little bit for them to get all the questions answered. You can get your pitchforks and keyboard warrior statuses ready when the time comes.

Q:
    A:
    I think the issue here is that the majority of questions asked here could have been easily predicted and direcly been answered with a more in-deph announcement of the upcoming merges. Why announce it on a Friday with basically no info at all, making everyone nervous (especially considering the EU server problems). They could have easily waited until next week and announce it together with more information about how the merge will be handled and then offer a Q&A for the more "special" questions.

Secondly, I really hope they have good answers towards most of the questions raised, because this merge is really uncessesary considering all the existing cross-shard features. If they don't have solutions for all the problems arising with the merge, they should postpone it until the solutions are there (i. e. a new character selection screen that can cover up to ~100 characters).
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Maybe gamigo is waiting to answer all the questions at the same time instead of answering them one by one where it's easier to lose track of? Maybe they want to answer all the questions in a post format like below so that it's easier to keep track of the information?
    They SHOULD have anticipated a lot of these questions and put up a post IN ADVANCE saying "this is going to happen, here's how this will affect you" and then ask for any further questions. There would be no need for people to be worried and we could have some decent conversation going on. As it is now, we got the "this is going to happen" and then we are left with a ton of questions being asked all over the place and with no answers so far, people are getting more and more worried or even angry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as Gamigo only tells us about things AFTER they happen, they'll never be able to get on top of things. They will ALWAYS be behind.

It's not happening until June 5th so there's plenty of time until it happens to answer peoples questions, but this was something specifically pointed out back in December and people started asking the same questions back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Is there a plan to merge shards? If so what will happen to players’ characters and items?
    We are looking at merges for both NA and EU early in 2019. The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names. We will have more info on how those will be resolved as we get closer to announcing the dates.
    The chances are that they knew this was going to most likely happen and chose not to give any details. As someone else pointed out already, they've frequently been dropping big/semi big announcements on Fridays which leaves everyone with lots of questions and then people have to wait 2-3 days + to maybe get answers from the CMs who will maybe gets answers from the development team. A key line to pick out from the above answer is:

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names.
    We can all hope that's genuinely true, but there's no guarantee that those will be the only "issues". We all want to know with absolute certainty that we won't (for those of us that have them) lose any of our characters and guilds that we put work into when mergers take place.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast