+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree337Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Live Shard merges

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I transferred my guild on 11th May and it worked 100% fine, including the guild dimension. It also doesn't state anything about the dimensions in the support article or FAQ, so it's clearly a bug for some people (seems not everyone is affected) and should be fixed by CS.
    Can confirm. We transferred to Typhiria 2 or 3 weeks ago. Guild dimension was never affected.
    Mage

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #137

Greetings!

First of all - we apologize for the huge delay in providing you the answers, but here they are:

1. Deleting characters means a huge loss in progress, time and money players have spent on those characters. Will there be some sort of appropriate compensation to make up for the huge loss?
    We are currently evaluating a compensation pack and their delivery method that impacts the EU servers.

2. What happens to currencies that are on alts where you cannot turn the currencies into vouchers? Like the Fae Yule event currency, Dark Icicle or Voidstones on alts etc.
    Players will be able to purchase event currency packs of Auroral Doubloons, Summerfest Friendship Bracelets, Autumn Harvest Signets, Dark Icicles, and Chaos Motes that will allow these tokens to be transferred to mains. These packs will be sold by the Voucher vendors in capital cities and will continue to sold for a limited period of time after the merger.

3. Can the cooldown (currently 2 hours) between zone events be reduced?
    Zone events spawn dynamically, we will be monitoring the situation and listening to feedback from the community. If we need to make a change in the respawn time we can do so.

4. Will we lose our Wishlist in Rift Store? A manual transfer removes all items from there. Will merge do the same?
    The wish lists will be copied over with the shard merge process.

5. Will guild dimensions also transfer to their new home shard?
    Yes, dimensions will be copied to your new home shard.

6. What's the main issue or issues preventing (server tech or otherwise) from increasing the character slots enough to hold peoples existing characters?
    Unfortunately, there is a technical limitation that we cannot bypass. We are really sorry about this; this is also why we are working on a compensation pack to make for the hassle.

7. What happens to the items in bags/bank/mail of the characters that will become inaccessible? Do we get to move them somehow before deleting - for example, to send to other characters?
    All items are transferred to the destination server along with the character that owns them, no items are deleted during the transfer process. If you wish to delete a character in order to make room for a new character, you will be able to log into that character and move items to another character on your account. Any items that you wish to continue to have access to should be removed from the character before deleting.

8. What if I have a dimension built on a character that I may potentially have to delete? Can my dimension be moved to another character fully intact?
    Unfortunately, there is no way to do that currently.

9. What if you have 8 char slots unlocked, with 6 chars on Gelidra and 6 on Typhiria. Will you get 12 slots on Typhiria? Or will you go up to 8 and must delete 4 chars?
    The number of slots unlocked on the account will not be changed. Characters above the unlocked limit will still be available however, the account will be unable to create new characters until the number of characters is back below the number of character slots that are unlocked on the account.

10. Seeing as a dimension loses all its +1's during a server transfer, how are you going to handle this merge? Are all the dimensions that are moved going to start over on zero?
    The shard merge process is different than the character transfer process. Because this process directly copies data on to the destination shard dimension +1s should be preserved.

11. If I already have 10 characters on Typhiria and 10 characters on Gelidra, which characters will be transferred automatically and what happens to the chararacters that don't get transferred? Will they be on a trial shard for me to transfer after a few deletions?
    All characters will be automatically transferred to their destination server. The trial shard will not be available after the merge.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Sword of Telara

Okay, so will every account be automatically upped to 13 character slots? I see no reason why this shouldn't be done automatically. I have 13 slots on each server, and there is obviously no technical limitation for 13 slots. At least make it a little easier for people with less than the max slots. No reason this shouldn't happen.

I won't be affected by it, but I can't imagine any form of "compensation" big enough to repay people from having to delete their characters.
    [Faeblight] Yareen Amaltheia Mongke ... [Typhiria] Aiadiyima

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    2. What happens to currencies that are on alts where you cannot turn the currencies into vouchers? Like the Fae Yule event currency, Dark Icicle or Voidstones on alts etc.
    Players will be able to purchase event currency packs of Auroral Doubloons, Summerfest Friendship Bracelets, Autumn Harvest Signets, Dark Icicles, and Chaos Motes that will allow these tokens to be transferred to mains. These packs will be sold by the Voucher vendors in capital cities and will continue to sold for a limited period of time after the merger.
    This will be too late for the people who have already had to delete their characters.
    Would it be possible to implement this change this week and then postpone the merges for another week or 2 to allow people to move currencies over to the characters they want to keep?

11. If I already have 10 characters on Typhiria and 10 characters on Gelidra, which characters will be transferred automatically and what happens to the chararacters that don't get transferred? Will they be on a trial shard for me to transfer after a few deletions?
    All characters will be automatically transferred to their destination server. The trial shard will not be available after the merge.
    so.. then you end up with 20 characters on Typhiria... how will that look on the character screen? which characters will we be able to log?
    can we only see 12 of them at a time?
    do we get a random selection of 12 of the 20 chars each time we log?
    will it show the 12 characters that were made first? the 12 with the highest level? the 12 with the most cheevo points?
    will we be able to log all the characters to transfer currencies before we delete them?

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    Okay, so will every account be automatically upped to 13 character slots?
    That was answered as #9.

As for the rest of the answers........
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 06-03-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That was answered as #9.

As for the rest of the answers........
    Not really answered, or giving them a chance for a better answer. If a person loses characters because they don't have 13 slots open, then the only thing they care about is money, not customer service.

The shards can at least handle 13 characters per account. Making someone purchase slots to make up for them merging is wrong, plain and simple.

They say technically they can't have more than 13, so I can't dispute that, but not giving every customer the 13 is just plain wrong.

Again, I already have 13, I paid for my slots. I have no problem whatsoever with everyone getting it.

Not really answered, or giving them a chance for a better answer. If a person loses characters because they don't have 13 slots open, then the only thing they care about is money, not customer service.

The shards can at least handle 13 characters per account. Making someone purchase slots to make up for them merging is wrong, plain and simple.

They say technically they can't have more than 13, so I can't dispute that, but not giving every customer the 13 is just plain wrong.
    I agree. However, Gamigo doesn't seem to be willing to increase the cap for free, so I see no reason not to respond any differently than...

Again, I already have 13, I paid for my slots. I have no problem whatsoever with everyone getting it.
    technically the current limit is 14.. which some peeps on NA have if they already had 13 chars and then transferred a Prime toon to that shard

so they could give peeps the option to buy char slots up to 14..

edit: Im not sure if this is entirely true as i didnt have 13 chars on an NA shard to test this.. please do correct me if I'm wrong

edit 2: yup im wrong, it only goes to 13.

i was going to suggest that they have a huge price reduction on the extra char slot item, for those peeps who are not maxed.. but most people would see that as a slap in the face 'money grab'.. so probably best not to
    Last edited by caduto; 06-03-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default compensation?

at the moment I probably have to delete 15 toons (as I have 67 on EU)--lif there are compensation packs--that would probably need to be credits--as most of the chars each still have dozens of items each in their bank vaults--that if bought from RIFT store cost around a 1000 credits (160xp pot)-or a 100 credits ( brevanic portal battery+mass soul mends)-also some of those toons have 100's of arti sets completed--that would cost 1000's of credits each to complete again? lots of chars got the 7th ot 8th bag slot-=/990 credits each,bank vaults bought--like 6 or 10 each costing credits and then if you played a char for 7 or 8 yrs till lvl 70 acquiring the 2000000000xp would take killing about 100,000 mobs of 20,000xp each-killing a mob takes average 1 minute of my time so -lets say I can speed that up to 100 mobs /hr--is a 1000 hr of gameplay- (-at 10 $/hr if I worked ) -that's 10,000$=1000 REX=1.and a quarter Million credits-probably don't need to list additional things each char has--like pets, wardrobes,mounts- - -or should I add the fact that it has 10 professions-lvl-ed to 376 451 or 525
    how will you ever be able to compensate for all those different things ?

and to answer Caduto's question--although I bought the 14th char slot with the RIFT 3.3 update I still can't create/have more than 13 chars on any server--NA or EU
    Last edited by Batsy; 06-03-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

of course what I mentioned above is an extreme case--as for amount of time spend on a char--I did a /played--and result for Batsytwentyseven ( a lvl 70 ) was 35 days 12 hrs=about 852 hrs

Shield of Telara

I am glad about the currency conversion, so thanks for that.

About the compensation for having to delete chars; is that just some random thing you will be giving everyone in game even if they do not have chars they are having to delete? Or is this going to be given to the people who actually are hurt by this move? And again, some people might only have to delete one char where others might have to delete dozens. Will that be taken into account?

The levels can matter as well. I know that it would be some kind of massive undertaking. Even if it could be done through CS on an individual basis. I can't imagine that there will be all that many people that will be having high lvl chars being deleted. I still wouldn't mind having my chars moved to another account.
    Last edited by Manasha; 06-03-2019 at 07:12 PM.

It's impossible to make a character deletion compensation fair, I mean what do you want to base it on?

Level? But a boosted or powerleveled character isn't worth more than some low level dimensioneer char with hundreds of hours into their dimensions

/played? But you can easily afk 24/7 in RIFT so you can't tell how much anyone achieved in that time

Age? But there is many old level 1 name blockers that aren't played at all.

Then in addition, if the compensation has a too low requirement threshold or the compensation rewards are too high, all other people will be upset. What is a character worth? Noone can really tell, as there is so many factors, including the personal circumstances of the player (someone who earns good IRL would think 2500 credits for a basic level 50 alt is a joke, someone else might be happy with it).

I think the only way to make everyone happy is too rework the UI so it supports more characters.

The second best way would be to stop the merge.

The third option would be to transfer overflow characters to a second account, but that raises questions regarding patron, collectibles and loyalty at least.

Let's be honest, it's a mess. Almost every other MMO has a 'maximum characters per account over all servers limit' for this exact reason. But it's Trion's/gamigo's mess and they have to solve it properly if they want to keep the affected players happy. And it's better to find a solution NOW, as the problem will be even bigger if we get a mega server one day and suddenly you can't have more than 13 chars overall.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Lucky Coins, what about those?

"Age? But there is many old level 1 name blockers that aren't played at all."

wasnt there a thing just some months ago that you had to log on your char if you wanna keep the name or it will be deleted and free to use for someone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast