+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass Season 1 - Dropped it like it's hot

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Battle Pass Season 1 - Dropped it like it's hot

Greetings, Ascended!

Prepare your weapons; the first season of Battle Pass goes live very soon!

What can you look forward to?
    • Progress through 30 levels (Season 1) by completing Daily and Weekly Quests
    • 4 Daily Quests (+2 for Patrons) per Day
      • Quests chosen at random
    • 3 Weekly Quests per Week
      • Quests chosen at random
    • 30 Levels of rewards
      • Rewards split up between Free (no purchase required), Premium (purchased the pack) & Patron Premium (purchased the pack and have active Patron status).
    • Free rewards include a new artifact set which unlock their own unique rewards, individual reward charges, rune unsocketers, and more premium service items.
    • Premium rewards include numerous fiery cosmetics, as well as the new Great Balls of Fire mount, bonus credits and more!
    • Patrons who unlock premium will also gain bonus rewards including Loyalty, premium lock boxes and more!

The end date of Season 1 has not been set in stone yet, we shall announce it at least a month before Season 2 begins. We’ll be monitoring progress, and compiling feedback before we start planning Season 2. Once Season 1 is finished, you will have at least 7 days to claim all of your well-deserved rewards.

Battle Pass - $9.99 / 7.49 / €9.99 - (Giftable)
    Last edited by Epsiry; 04-09-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

The Battle Pass is now live on PTS.

You can post your feedback in a thread that was already started here.
    Last edited by Zyra; 04-04-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Shadowlander

I'm not sure why we are paying for "in game content"?

This to me is literally opening up the pandoras box of Pay-to-Play... will entering a dungeon cost us $2 next?

All in game content should be free or included as patron covered only at worst.

Sad times

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    I'm not sure why we are paying for "in game content"?

This to me is literally opening up the pandoras box of Pay-to-Play... will entering a dungeon cost us $2 next?

All in game content should be free or included as patron covered only at worst.

Sad times

I think I'm entitled to say this, I don't think it goes against any forum policies...

I love to whine, where it's due, but right now that whine and reasoning is beyond a logical falacy, its like you've never played a f2p game before, therefore:

Be quiet.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I think I'm entitled to say this, I don't think it goes against any forum policies...

I love to whine, where it's due, but right now that whine and reasoning is beyond a logical falacy, its like you've never played a f2p game before, therefore:

Be quiet.
    If he's a Patron (I don't know if he is or not, but my point's still valid) he's not playing an F2P so your point wouldn't be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    If he's a Patron (I don't know if he is or not, but my point's still valid) he's not playing an F2P so your point wouldn't be valid.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's not -.-
    Fwob - Zaviel

Its more like you've never played a mmo. The Battle Pass is charging for glorified rewarding. Rewarding based on in-game content we already do. How is this new or even interesting? Cosmetics are already central, and too much at that. Now we get more mounts. And bonus more of the same thing. Where is the content?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's not -.-
    I am patron and have a similar thought to the previous person. What difference does this make anyway?
    Last edited by Sails; 04-04-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

Plane Touched

Default No thanks

Not whining lol. Just no desire to pay to get extra fluffies playing regular content. I would pay for meaningful new content. For example- a patron only ability to play a particular questline or chronicle that drops a cool piece of gear- like a ring or a trinket that you can't get elsewhere. If you want me to part with my dollars- it has to be worth it.
    Last edited by Andracleric; 04-04-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Not whining lol. Just no desire to pay to get extra fluffies playing regular content. I would pay for meaningful new content. For example- a patron only ability to play a particular questline or chronicle that drops a cool piece of gear- like a ring or a trinket that you can't get elsewhere. If you want me to part with my dollars- it has to be worth it.
    Only thing you're paying for is fluff, all the content is still free to you. So if you want the fluff, fine, if not, it doesn't effect you in the slightest.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Plane Touched

Default Madarablackgetsuga exactly

Yes. I am talking about what would get me to open my wallet. Not fluff for sure. Not for me.

Telaran

As a person who has been a Patron of this game on and off ever since release (I have currently been paying for patron for over a year now) I am not sure how I feel about you charging me more money on top of the $15 dollars a month I am already paying to your company just to get content that really should be free to patron subscribers.

If you want to charge the free-to-play players, I am not sure I 100% agree with that decision but I would at least understand it. No, instead you are telling me on top of the $15 dollars a month I am already shelling out to your company, if I want the extra content, put into a game that frankly has not been updated for a long time, I have to pay you even more money, not for expansion level content, but for something that would be a decent sized patch in most other MMO's that is given to the players just for paying to play the game.

I hope that I am wrong here. I have been waiting to see what this new company was going to do. Now I think I am starting to understand.

If there is not better communication and you do not start adding content to the game that I am paying a monthly fee already to play, then sadly I think my time in Rift is coming to an end.

I really hope I am wrong

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

At least nobody has posted that "Rift is now charging us to level up" as i've seen posted on other "MMO Sites"

Not really understanding why people are a bit iffy about this Battle Pass, if you add up what your /$10 whatever gets you i'm fairly sure it comes to a bit more than that, new mount, cosmetic fire wings, some credits etc etc.

Best of all you don't have to pay a single cent or ever even have to do any of the quests at all, just keep on playing your normal routine.

Ι don't get why people are so mad about Battle Pass
    I know real content like a new zone or raid would be the best, but this battle pass is a nice idea to give you something to chase for a specific amount of time. I prefer this from nothing.
    Also the new items are cool looking. Just next time add some pets and minions. Not so many useless potions

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for all of your input!

I'm not sure where I read it, but some were asking (along many other questions) for a preview of the cosmetic stuff.

I fastly put together a "short" video. Have mercy please.

https://youtu.be/kqWUYUpmxV4

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for all of your input!

I'm not sure where I read it, but some were asking (along many other questions) for a preview of the cosmetic stuff.

I fastly put together a "short" video. Have mercy please.

https://youtu.be/kqWUYUpmxV4
    Pretty cool stuff. I did notice that you encountered the jumping bug where you get stuck in mid air instead of landing on the ground in that video.

Are the devs going to address that bug at some point?
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-05-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast