+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91
Like Tree44Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass Season 1 - Dropped it like it's hot

  1. #76
    Champion Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCTCOM View Post
    We are all at lvl 30 when is the next part
    If you had bothered to read the first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    The end date of Season 1 has not been set in stone yet, we shall announce it at least a month before Season 2 begins. We’ll be monitoring progress, and compiling feedback before we start planning Season 2.

  2. #77
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default OK I Hate FTP

    FTP killed this game it went PTW fast, FTP games never go far i was sad when it did. The ones of us from alpha and beta new this would happen. I wish it would go back to they way it was like i thought prime was to end up. you can not have new stuff go on without money so it had to go PTW. You see it hap. to EVE online now... You all cry about subs. but nothing is free. Thanks FTP for killing my fav. game ever. Sorry if this makes people mad, everyone can not pay for a sub. i understand that.... but games can not keep going without funds.

  3. #78
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearheart View Post
    FTP killed this game it went PTW fast, FTP games never go far i was sad when it did. The ones of us from alpha and beta new this would happen. I wish it would go back to they way it was like i thought prime was to end up. you can not have new stuff go on without money so it had to go PTW. You see it hap. to EVE online now... You all cry about subs. but nothing is free. Thanks FTP for killing my fav. game ever. Sorry if this makes people mad, everyone can not pay for a sub. i understand that.... but games can not keep going without funds.
    As a counter point, if the game hadn't gone FTP it may have closed years ago. It is true that "games can not keep going without funds" but it is also true that games can't survive with out players. If Rift hadn't gone FTP would there be enough players (willing to subscribe) for the game to attract new players (that are also willing to subscribe)? Did going to FTP give curious players an opportunity to evaluate the game before subscribing (i.e. purchasing Patron) so that player numbers stayed up? I don't know the answer to those questions but it isn't as simple as "FTP killed the game" (after all Rift went FTP 6 years ago).

  4. #79
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default My 2 Cents

    This is my 2 cents. First of all, I am a patron as long as I can afford to be. This is because this does cost this company money and I feel it is only fair that they be paid for maintaining this game whether or not it has issues. I also paid for Battle Pass, which was my decision, I did not have to as I could have participated for free. I just wanted more of the awards that most of you are tired of. I thought 10 bucks was a good deal for them, as they would have cost way more at the store.

    I usually don't buy much at the store after I purchased all the expansions. However, if there does come a time where I find myself spending $15 dollars or more at the store every month, I most likely will drop Patron. And for all of you FTP people that do that, that is fine too. Just as I don't mind carrying the people that really cannot afford to pay.

    What bothers me are the ones that spend little or no money at all and can afford to do that. Yet they whine daily about this or that being broken or the servers crashing. You have no business saying anything if you are getting something for free or next to free. Be happy you got what you got.

    Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Vonilla; 05-29-2019 at 04:37 AM.

  5. #80
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Simple

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    As a counter point, if the game hadn't gone FTP it may have closed years ago. It is true that "games can not keep going without funds" but it is also true that games can't survive with out players. If Rift hadn't gone FTP would there be enough players (willing to subscribe) for the game to attract new players (that are also willing to subscribe)? Did going to FTP give curious players an opportunity to evaluate the game before subscribing (i.e. purchasing Patron) so that player numbers stayed up? I don't know the answer to those questions but it isn't as simple as "FTP killed the game" (after all Rift went FTP 6 years ago).
    That can be taken care of by offering a FTP month and when it runs out, they can PTP or leave. As you, I don't know if it would work better than the way it's set up now, but it's worth a shot.

  6. #81
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonilla View Post
    That can be taken care of by offering a FTP month and when it runs out, they can PTP or leave. As you, I don't know if it would work better than the way it's set up now, but it's worth a shot.
    Fair point but after the FTP month how many would stay. Would it be enough to keep the player base high enough to encourage people to still PTP? I have no answer to this. All I do know is that there is absolutely no way to say definitively that FTP killed the game. That was all I was trying to get across in my counter point above. For all we know FTP actually saved the game for the last 6 years (but again no definitive way to say one way or the other until my time machine is fixed).

  7. #82
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hallo hab kürzlich wieder mit Rift angefangen und da die Season 1 ja schon ne weile läuft, lohnt sich da zeitlich noch ein einstieg?

  8. #83
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chawia View Post
    Hallo hab kürzlich wieder mit Rift angefangen und da die Season 1 ja schon ne weile läuft, lohnt sich da zeitlich noch ein einstieg?
    Season 1 läuft noch mindestens 4 Wochen und man kann als Stammspieler ca. 10 Level (ca. 8 als nicht Stsnnspieler) pro Woche schaffen, ist also möglich, viel schleifen lassen würde ich aber nicht.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  9. #84
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default Any Chance Season 1 Will Be Extended?

    I had bought the $9.99 Battle Pass thinking I could complete each level when I have time that allows me to play, and have been working on it whenever I have the time to do so, but yesterday I noticed that the Battle Pass had the dates 4/9/2019-7/17/2019 and realized that this battle pass will only be good until today??? I hope that is not so, because I have been trying to complete them, but keep getting Warfront quests, and I will be frank... I suck at them, so I am know hoping there will be an extension so I can complete this.

  10. #85
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...eason-1-a.html

    They announced the end date a month ago, so I doubt it will be extended.

    If/when there is a next season, keep in mind, that you can buy the pass during the run of the pass, you can then still claim the pass rewards from the previous obtained levels.

    That is, if they don't change certain settings for the next season.

  11. #86
    Champion Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megmerrai View Post
    I had bought the $9.99 Battle Pass thinking I could complete each level when I have time that allows me to play
    Sorry, but no, not going to happen. It was known since before it launched that it would be a time-limited event. It was announced a month ago that it would end. If you didn't pay attention and thought it would be any different, that's your fault.

  12. #87
    Rift Disciple Zyanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    108

    Talking Battle Pass Is a HUGE win for gamigo

    Due to people in my office expecting me to actually work during business hours, I wasn't able to get to doing the Battle Pass until the end of May. I've played RIFT daily since launch. In all 8 years, Battle Pass has turned out to be one of the more enjoyable "daily" chores in RIFT. Battle Pass was so much fun, I did Battle Pass on both NA and EU.

    One of the things I most enjoyed about Battle Pass was the healthy mix of PvE and PvP so it had something for everyone but didn't force anyone to do PvP if PvP isn't their cup of tea.

    I've been a patron since launch and as one I honestly, didn't mind some of the more rubbish rewards (vials patrons really don't need.) I truly enjoy the fire illusions and the artifact sets. No doubt, the credit rewards are nice as are the other high tier rewards. I especially appreciated the new mount since mount collecting is my thing. I have 181/225 for the final mount nerd point.

    Gamigo did a fine job of affording more than sufficient time and announcing the end-date, for everyone to complete Battle Pass Season One.....(correction: almost everyone)..*

    On a side note, all the people gritching about there not being new content: Calm down.TRION went 2 years without new content and people were patient. If gamigo goes that long then you have a legit reason to get huffy...Oh, wait! Gamigo has already provided new content. Soooo, slow your roll and either enjoy what there is for you to do in RIFT OR make RIFT your casual game and find a main game that fills whatever you think you need that RIFT isn't giving you. No, I didn't say "shut up or leave." I said, STAY and enjoy what there is for you to enjoy in RIFT but don't make yourself miserable gritching about RIFT not being everything you want.

    Just so you don't think I've turned into a butt-kissing white knight I do have a few suggestions for gamigo:

    1.) As observed RIFT has a solid base of demanding players who all too readily repeatedly voice their complaints. Since that's the case gamigo would be well served to better communicate with the player base about EVERYTHING even if it's a "We're working on it and it will take a while to fix it because we're still trying to determine what "it" is."

    2.) If gamigo is going to announce a project like "revamping the daily calendar" either do it or not but don't mention it a year or more out from when the project is to be completed.

    3.) I still think gamigo's only true misstep was retaining, in a decision making position, some of the old TRION personnel who were responsible for driving RIFT into the ground. However, I'm not paid to make HR decisions so I'll let gamigo sort out that mess.

    In closing, I look forward to Battle Pass Season Two. RIFT was my first MMO. I loved it like anyone loves their first love, however, RIFT changed as have I. I suggest everyone does what I've done, enjoy what there is in RIFT that you enjoy but don't make yourself miserable hating RIFT for not being all you think it should be.

    Cheers!
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

  13. #88
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default And Yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Sorry, but no, not going to happen. It was known since before it launched that it would be a time-limited event. It was announced a month ago that it would end. If you didn't pay attention and thought it would be any different, that's your fault.
    It could be a new player...Did you stop to think of that or do you just come out with both barrels blasting?
    Since there is no start date for season 2, maybe ya can just let season 1 keep going. And the end date was in June not July so your a month and 1/2 late anyway. Does not hurt anyone (except those of us who are done with season 1 and have been for months) Why not, ya said your self (Zyra) there are no plans for season 2....May as well let the new kids keep going.

  14. #89
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default Perfect!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    Due to people in my office expecting me to actually work during business hours, I wasn't able to get to doing the Battle Pass until the end of May. I've played RIFT daily since launch. In all 8 years, Battle Pass has turned out to be one of the more enjoyable "daily" chores in RIFT. Battle Pass was so much fun, I did Battle Pass on both NA and EU.

    One of the things I most enjoyed about Battle Pass was the healthy mix of PvE and PvP so it had something for everyone but didn't force anyone to do PvP if PvP isn't their cup of tea.

    I've been a patron since launch and as one I honestly, didn't mind some of the more rubbish rewards (vials patrons really don't need.) I truly enjoy the fire illusions and the artifact sets. No doubt, the credit rewards are nice as are the other high tier rewards. I especially appreciated the new mount since mount collecting is my thing. I have 181/225 for the final mount nerd point.

    Gamigo did a fine job of affording more than sufficient time and announcing the end-date, for everyone to complete Battle Pass Season One.....(correction: almost everyone)..*

    On a side note, all the people gritching about there not being new content: Calm down.TRION went 2 years without new content and people were patient. If gamigo goes that long then you have a legit reason to get huffy...Oh, wait! Gamigo has already provided new content. Soooo, slow your roll and either enjoy what there is for you to do in RIFT OR make RIFT your casual game and find a main game that fills whatever you think you need that RIFT isn't giving you. No, I didn't say "shut up or leave." I said, STAY and enjoy what there is for you to enjoy in RIFT but don't make yourself miserable gritching about RIFT not being everything you want.

    Just so you don't think I've turned into a butt-kissing white knight I do have a few suggestions for gamigo:

    1.) As observed RIFT has a solid base of demanding players who all too readily repeatedly voice their complaints. Since that's the case gamigo would be well served to better communicate with the player base about EVERYTHING even if it's a "We're working on it and it will take a while to fix it because we're still trying to determine what "it" is."

    2.) If gamigo is going to announce a project like "revamping the daily calendar" either do it or not but don't mention it a year or more out from when the project is to be completed.

    3.) I still think gamigo's only true misstep was retaining, in a decision making position, some of the old TRION personnel who were responsible for driving RIFT into the ground. However, I'm not paid to make HR decisions so I'll let gamigo sort out that mess.

    In closing, I look forward to Battle Pass Season Two. RIFT was my first MMO. I loved it like anyone loves their first love, however, RIFT changed as have I. I suggest everyone does what I've done, enjoy what there is in RIFT that you enjoy but don't make yourself miserable hating RIFT for not being all you think it should be.

    Cheers!
    What a lovely post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they do a season 2 as well and I loved the suggestion of adding minions and pets. I don't really care for pets as they get in the way but to each their own! It was still a good idea.

  15. #90
    Telaran Irondwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fridged View Post
    It could be a new player...Did you stop to think of that or do you just come out with both barrels blasting?
    Since there is no start date for season 2, maybe ya can just let season 1 keep going. And the end date was in June not July so your a month and 1/2 late anyway. Does not hurt anyone (except those of us who are done with season 1 and have been for months) Why not, ya said your self (Zyra) there are no plans for season 2....May as well let the new kids keep going.
    The end date was never in June. Not a single moment.
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts