+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass Season 1 - Dropped it like it's hot

Soulwalker

Default PVP Quests

Please stop with all the pvp quests. 2 of my three weeklies are pvp. I wouldn't have paid for this if that was going to be the case. OR Let people choose. Kinda lame that some people get really easy one's and others get instances no one has ever done (or worse).

Shadowlander

Now where have i heard "accept it or don't buy it" before, and I wonder how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    no one is 'forced'
    if you want to pvp then pvp.
    if you dont, you can still earn enough PBXP to make it to level 30
    it will just take longer

Quote Originally Posted by AlienF View Post
    Now where have i heard "accept it or don't buy it" before, and I wonder how that worked out.
    i didnt say "accept it or don't buy it"
    i said, you can get level 30 without touching PVP.

we have complained at length about PVP quests in the battle pass.
    we have suggested that a reroll feature for the quests would be awesome.
    the devs have taken that suggestion and said it will be looked at for future battle pass content.

it took PUBG til their third 'battle pass' to bring in a quest reroll feature, and their 4th battle pass til you could reroll 3 quests a day rather than just one. Some of the quests in that game were completely unobtainable for casual players. It was very very difficult and time consuming to hit the max levels.

In rift, we have a much more lenient system, you can log on each day and do just 2 quests to get 5k BPXP and you will still hit max before it finishes, of course the more quests you complete the faster it will go, some days you will get easy quests and loads of XP, other days not so much.

Of course the system is not perfect yet, these things take time, feedback and data to get right, and even then, it CANNOT be perfect for every single player as everyones playstyles are so very different.

There is a suggestion forum on the HoT discord for suggesting ideas for new battle pass dailies and weekly. NOT ONE of those suggestions so far has been PVP related! Which shows that most of the player base is on your side with this, really!
    So please, have some patience, enjoy doing the quests you want to do and ignore the rest for now.

There is a suggestion forum on the HoT discord for suggesting ideas for new battle pass dailies and weekly.
    That should be a SECONDARY - and a VERY SECONDARY means of distributing information. This forum here is where the MAIN back and forth should occur. I personally would never join that discord,and i would like to see the info posted here, then perhaps you can share it or they can share it back on that discord!

The idea of splitting up PVP and PVE is a good, sound idea. In fact, I think it might be good to simply have ONE PVP Battle pass and ONE PVE Battle Pass, and you get to choose which path you take. Each would have 30 levels to gain within 2 months or w/e time slot they allow. I think that might make everyone happy.

The alternative is to have the ability (like i have said in earlier posts) to have a larger pool of 10 daily quests and 6 weekly quests, and you can choose 3 weeklies and 5 dailies, therefore no one will be forced down the path of pvp or pve - whichever is the one they are fond of.

The battle pass is good, and adds in some new incentives to play.. I hope they add some NEW rewards as well to future passes. So far, they seem to be *trying* to add in stuff to the game which makes me happy and shows they do care. A step in the right direction!
    Last edited by Onebutton; 04-21-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    That should be a SECONDARY - and a VERY SECONDARY means of distributing information. This forum here is where the MAIN back and forth should occur. I personally would never join that discord,and i would like to see the info posted here, then perhaps you can share it or they can share it back on that discord!
    The heroes of telara discord is a very well moderated, very helpful and fun place to be.
    These forums.. not so much.
    For a lot of players, especially newer players, the HoT discord is a much easier to use and friendly place to ask questions and get instant answers.
    Maybe you should give it a try!

The idea of splitting up PVP and PVE is a good, sound idea. In fact, I think it might be good to simply have ONE PVP Battle pass and ONE PVE Battle Pass, and you get to choose which path you take. Each would have 30 levels to gain within 2 months or w/e time slot they allow. I think that might make everyone happy.
    I for one would hate this.. so no, it wouldnt make 'everyone happy'
    In fact, making everyone happy is impossible.. as like i said above, many many different playstyles.
    A good mix of PVP and PVE and solo quests is awesome for 'most' people.
    Add in a reroll feature (without the chance of rerolling the same category again) and it will be much better for those people who detest PVP (or indeed PVPers who hate that there are Raid and Dungeon quests in the mix!)
    Another way to do this would be to redesign the quests so they have both a PVP and PVE objective and you can choose between them, for instance..
    [win a black garden or clear a temple of ananke]

The alternative is to have the ability (like i have said in earlier posts) to have a larger pool of 10 daily quests and 6 weekly quests, and you can choose 3 weeklies and 5 dailies, therefore no one will be forced down the path of pvp or pve - whichever is the one they are fond of.
    also a good suggestion, but then what happens if you only get 10 PVP quests to choose

The battle pass is good, and adds in some new incentives to play.. I hope they add some NEW rewards as well to future passes. So far, they seem to be *trying* to add in stuff to the game which makes me happy and shows they do care. A step in the right direction!
    It is indeed a step in the right direction, and it will take many small steps to create something awesome with this

Shadowlander

The heroes of telara discord is a very well moderated, very helpful and fun place to be.
    For a lot of players, especially newer players, the HoT discord is a much easier to use and friendly place to ask questions and get instant answers.
    I strongly disagree, I found out that some HoT discord existed ~1 year after it was created and that was only because of giveaways. I would never read any of the other topics on it because it is player owned, subjective, biased and not official.

However, if DEVs agree that player owned, player controlled and player moderated discord channel should be source for, hmm, honestly anything, sure.

Regarding the Discord, it's a community-made and community-driven platform that some devs and CMs decided to join in and engage with the community. Official information, in a professional, official way, is being released on the blog, forums and social media accounts. Some devs and CMs decide to give some hints or small infos, in a more casual way, on Discord in a few cases, earlier, because the info is already there but the 'official' post has not been formulated yet or the person posting it up is not yet in the office. The Discord isn't taking anything away from the community, it adds an additional way of communication.

Is the Discord 'subjective'? Hell yea, it is, as EVERYONE can have and discuss their own opinions there, as long as they discuss them in a respectful way. We have over 2000 people on the Discord and a lot activity there every day about different aspects of the game. Privately moderated? Yes, and so far, since the Discord was created, only ~15 people have been banned and most of them because they were bots or spammers. Most people that go over the edge just get a DM to be a bit more respectful and that's it. I think people get banned easier on the forums than on the HoT Discord.

So I think most people who have a grudge against the Discord either don't want to use it but fear to miss information, which surely isn't the case as I doubt the official posts would come much faster without the Discord. Or haters have a bias against the Admin/Mod team for other reasons and instead call the Admin/Mod team biased towards the community. We Admins and Mods also have our own opinions, as we are passionate players as well, but we do allow ALL opinions on the Discord unless you present them like a ******. If you want to reflect your grudge, hate and negativity on others you're not welcome and that's that.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I have given it a try a couple of times, and i found it loaded with trolls and a lot of negativity. Sorry, if that comes out wrong, however that was my take on it. I am sure there are helpful people in it who join and/or run it, but for me, it was something i disliked. Apologies!
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

Another way to do this would be to redesign the quests so they have both a PVP and PVE objective and you can choose between them, for instance..
    [win a black garden or clear a temple of ananke]
    I completely agree with this and i think allowing people to choose which one they want would be a great addition to the Battle Pass. I love the idea of allowing people to choose which path to take and to have and either/or option for pve or pvp is perfect. I hope they do that for future BP's

bought it. but only problem I see is that the rewards-Fluff cosmetics are NOT BOA. all SB? If anyone buys it, it should at least be BOA, so all characters can use the wardrobe effects.

I made the mistake and took the burning eyes effect on a character I really didn't want it on and REAALLY want it on another of mine :'(

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    bought it. but only problem I see is that the rewards-Fluff cosmetics are NOT BOA. all SB? If anyone buys it, it should at least be BOA, so all characters can use the wardrobe effects.

I made the mistake and took the burning eyes effect on a character I really didn't want it on and REAALLY want it on another of mine :'(
    We would need an account-wide toy box like the wardrobe for effects like these.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kontio View Post
    We would need an account-wide toy box like the wardrobe for effects like these.
    Or just send the item to each character on an account like a lot of item already do (e.g. a lot of the loyalty rewards).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4