• 2 Post By Zyra
  • 1 Post By Amielle
  • 6 Post By Maegwynn
  • 3 Post By Dancingmoon
  • 6 Post By Seshatar
  • 2 Post By Iavasmeril
  • 1 Post By MissGreen
  • 4 Post By Zyra

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Creative Contest - Romantic Lovers

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Post Creative Contest - Romantic Lovers

Greetings, lovely Ascended!

Valentine’s here and we've never felt so dreamy before. Do you remember your last hefty romance?

A romance as hefty as a storm, rough, but gentle every time the breeze touches you?
    A romance as hefty as a falling meteorite, crushing every fiber of your bones, but making you so hot you get high?
    A romance as hefty as a heavy earthquake, shaking your innermost parts so much you’ll spill your guts, but making your heart pound to that beat?
    A romance as hefty as a volcanic ash rain, poisoning, but soiling the ground you stand on so you could grow a pretty and vivid flower?

You do? Great! Tell us, we haven’t finished dreaming yet.

So, what do you have to do and how to participate?
    • Think of your most valuable romantic memory in-game and post a screenshot of it here, as well as a nice heart-wrenching story connected to it!
    • You may alter the screenshot/edit it to make it look visually better using programs such as Photoshop, Gimp, Paint, etc. (No plagiarism)
    • Screenshot and story must be rated T for teen
    • One entry per person
    • Have your character name visible in your screenshot so we know it’s yours
    • The contest is open to both NA and EU.
    • Send in the screenshot and the story connected to them until the 7th of March, starting today!
    The rewards will be send as soon as possible after the event is over.

Prizes

The three best heart-wrenching memories will get some dreamy rewards: a custom title, patron time, 500 credits and 100k loyalty.
    Last edited by Zyra; 02-14-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

That's an awesome initiative! May i suggest you explicitly write the amount or loyalty, credit, etc. (?)

And also there have been no update on the last contest thread, i still dont know how much credit/loyalty we were supposed to get, nor did i see any title pop in my mail. I dont know about the other two winners, i havent been able to contact them. But i have had players ingame asking me about it, but i cant answer them since i had no answer on the forum either.
    Last edited by Amielle; 02-14-2019 at 08:21 AM.

General of Telara

Default True Love

This story may not be too romanic of funny or original, but it is a true one.

When I came back to Rift a few years ago, I found the love for dimensions through a guild I joined then. I felt challenged to build something, although I thought I'd never be as good as my guildmates. I got gifted a special dimension, and thought "I want to build a zoo!". I got laughed at a bit, but after the first tries, especially my guild leader was intrigued and started to have fun to build with me. One night, I was trying something, again. He couldn't sleep and came online as well. I told him what I was trying, and he came watching me as I built. Morphing animals can look pretty funny at stages (and sometimes NOT rated T, but look at the outcome!), and we laughed until we were in tears.

For me, it must have been then when I slowly fell in love for that stranger in Teamspeak. I didn't really realize for a long time, although our friends all made jokes about us being the perfect couple, or treating each other like an old married couple. We argued, we laughed, but it was to take a few more years until we finally met, since we both weren't free at that time, and it took us a long time, and many heart breaks and tough times to realize we were meant to be.

Last year, we moved in with each other.

And thus, this morph (they are supposed to be otters ;-) ) will always be special to me.

Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

A tale from roleplay long past...

The higher hills in Stillmoor, rank with the corrupted scent of death and decay, held a secret that no-one discovered unless they already knew it. An order of mercenaries spoken of in hushed whispers, fighters or casters each one and she was one of their ranks. Once a soldier of the Icewatch her demise had been at the hands of bandits attacking the Whitefall lift and when she was first chosen by the messengers she found an angry land where all seemed to call on her fealty...Defiants and Guardians alike. The Order were different, they did not question alliance but instead focused on deeds and she was set to many of them, perhaps all too many of them.

Their facilities were plentiful and when they found their comrade in arms she was brought with haste to them; locking her away from the outside world once more. Laying prostrate, broken and damaged, was only part of the dark she faced. The parade of worried faces trooped past through the days as healers fussed and disturbed her unknowing, or perhaps uncaring, that illusions of them all had been used to torture her for months. Shattering her grasp on what was real and false in a sustained strategy to trick the secrets from her lips. It was impossible for her to tell the really real and so all she wanted to do was close her eyes and shut them and the pain out as she had done for so many months.

There was one face she hoped for, one person who’s absence screamed loud as she tried to rest. With each croaked question of where he could be she was met with awkward silence or hurried changes in topic. The man she had left those months before as the blade had sliced and she had rejoined the stream. The last sight her eyes had as they faded to black, the pain and surprise that tore through his features, etched in her mind as she had returned and found herself imprisoned by their enemies.

But the man she had loved and never forgotten had moved on and now was unable to bear his shame to see her so he hid. Those around her unwilling to be the one to cause her the inevitable pain of that knowledge so continued to evade despite her growing fear that this was just another elaborate cruelty to trick her from silence.

There was one constant; her oldest friend who told her tales from their past, proving to her time and time again as the fears had grown that he was there just as she was. He didn’t stare nor whisper as the others did, but became a balm even as he uttered the words no-one else dared….he isn’t coming to you.

Her grief was their exhibit to walk past and wonder at, perhaps taking comfort in only being witness to it. The days drew on and she grew stronger, the sideshow that people poured platitude on top of mundane small talk. Only Ghasek spoke as he always had, drawing the weakest of smiles from her tear stained face.

But she was so tired, the knife edge of uncertainty with each person visiting grinding salt into the gaping wounds in her psyche. Unable to escape by herself, barely able to crawl even as the strength slowly returned, she turned to her friend. Waiting for a moment he sat alone with her to take his hand in hers, squeezing it as hard as she was able.

“Take me from here Sek...get me away and safe because I can’t tell what is real here...not anymore.”

She looked into his eyes in that moment, saw the raw pain he felt in sympathy for her. As he scooped her weak form into his arms, cradling her close and rushing from the building, she saw something she had been blind to before as she saw he loved; fiercely, deeply and in that moment she felt safe.

The other side of her darkest days was something unexpected...her constant was more than that, he was her Wolf.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Back in 2016, I started to stream RIFT on twitch and met many, many awesome people on the streams and also the in-game events I organized. One of my regular viewers was Kira(lie), which often joined for our retro raids and was always sweet in the twitch chat. We married in-game, another day we skyped and then, in December 2016, I flew from Germany to Sweden to visit her. Now, 2,5 years later we live together in Sweden and just moved into our new home.

This screenshot is from September 2016, around when we met and flirted in game. It always reminds me, that every player we meet in an MMORPG is an actual real person and that "online friendships" can be as real as "IRL friendships".
    Last edited by Seshatar; 02-28-2019 at 03:15 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Shadowlander

My story is from Roleplaying, the story of my phoenix characters first yule as a mortal with her boyfriend Karak.
    My main is Chrystiel@Bloodiron, char is Wynja@zaviel

Here they stood;
    In the depths of an icy cave deep within Ironpine peaks mountains, cold and exhausted after hours of flying through strong winds and icy weather, and yet, that beaming childish grin on Karaks face never wavered, his laughter still lingered in the thin air and even the crash landing hadn't affected it, he just loved to fly!

Wynja kneeled down with the cloak pulled tight around her and melted a hole in the ice before their feet, retrieving the tiny box she had just uncovered with her fiery touch.
    The strangely colorful elf before her, eyed the little box with a child's curiosity as she opened it and placed the tiny gem in his hand.
    Gold, silver and fiery orange played in its surface, a light within it pulsed as with a life of its own, making the gem shine like a burning sunset.
    Nervousity made her hesitate, but his smile encouraged her to explain;
    ''It is your Yule gift... I didn't know what to give you, after all, you got almost everything. So I give you a fragment..''
    Her voice echoed faintly in the cave, but he just raised an eyebrow ''A fragment?''
    A slow nod confirmed it, but he needed more of an explanation naturally ''Its a sliver of a flame, I can't make it any bigger since Ulrrik died with the last..''
    Karaks smile was still confused ''So.. What IS it exactly?''
    A deep breath and a moments thought she gathered her courage, it was now he would walk away if she had failed at picking the right gift.
    ''Its a part of me. It doesn't work unless it touches your skin, but when it does... You can find me anywhere and pick up hints of my feelings..''
    With the last words she closed gently his hand around the gem, a warmth spread throughout his hand as the connection was born, the gem told what her expression never quite could, her worry became clear as had it been his own, the slight hint of fear that he would find the gift stupid and throw it aside, find it simply too weird...
    There was quiet for a long moment, still holding the gem tight in his hand the elf savoured the feelings coming from it, before launching himself towards her, taking her into a tight loving embrace as he kissed her deeply and she returned it surprised, wrapping her arms around his neck she burst with unfamiliar joy and happiness, a strange sensation, new and alien, but she didn't mind it, she loved it and him.

He broke the kiss with a soft laugh and smiled brightly at her, amusement sparkling in his eyes ''Now my gift will look like a joke''
    The faint grimace got replaced by a soft rare smile as she shook her head ''Don't be silly, I'm horrible with gifts, I got told this would be too much..''
    If possible his grin just grew wider ''Well, in my case, too much is kinda impossible. I'm just greedy that way.''
    Last edited by Iavasmeril; 03-07-2019 at 03:54 AM.

so who won?

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    so who won?
    No idea yet. Maybe hear next week
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

if this was meant to get more activity in the forums not a very good incentive, if you want to hold contests make sure the entire community can participate without being forced into a social medium they do not care for, I spend lots of time here and honestly still would cheesy-x-novel this anyway

I enjoyed reading all the love stories. good luck to you all.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Greetings, beloved Ascended!

We are enamored of the stories and screenshots you posted; they made us appreciate the extent to which RIFT has, at times, become entangled in your personal lives. And so, from the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for the time you invested into writing them. We have indeed had the dreamy Valentine’s day we wished for!

We would like to present to you our winners for this lovely contest: ALL THE PARTICIPANTS!
    1. Alliandre@Brutwacht
    2. Dancingmoon@Zaviel
    3. Seshatar@Faeblight
    4. Chrystiel@Bloodiron

While there may not have been many stories to read, we have had a blast reading those that did make it on the forum (some of us may have shed a tear or two) and we pronounce all of you the winners of our hearts! ♥
    Discord: Zyra#0666

+ Reply to Thread