+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game events - collecting feedback

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default In game events - collecting feedback

Greetings Ascended!

We are planning to start running in game events. And so, we would like to know whether there are any you would particularly like to see return (or appear); if so, which ones?

Liluri

I would like to see Unicornalia again. Mainly I want to buy the Celestial Unicorn mount with Chaos Motes.

Can you clarify on what you mean by in game events? There have been multiple things over the years that we have considered events, including (but not limited to):
    • Zone events
    • Holiday events (like Fae Yule, Autumn Harvest, the upcoming Carnival of the Ascended, Summerfest, etc.)
    • Special story events (Tempest Rising, the opening of Hammerknell Keep and River of Souls raids, etc.)
    • Promo events and their rebirth as "Call to Action" events (Unicornalia, Mech Week, Hellbug Week, etc.)
    Last edited by Clowd; 01-11-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

More in-game events would be appreciated alongside new content!

This may be a tall ask, but some of the dev events were a lot of fun where you got to kill a dev in boss form for an eternal piece. And artifact pinatas would be dropped for the community sets.

Mech week was also pretty cool.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

I always enjoyed the in-game events that involved collecting the currency to purchase fluff/mounts. All of the prior special events need to be returned to the rotation.

Just a suggestion regarding World Event and other event items, especially items that are BiS such as neck, cape and essence. An excellent way to further monetize the event items would be to make them constantly available to be purchased with credits as well as purchasable with event currency during the event. I would imagine it would be a simple matter of leaving the event items in The Store under a tab denoting the World Event and turning on and off the option to purchase with event currency during the corresponding event and at its conclusion.

Making these items available throughout the year would encourage people to gear alts and spend credits in The Store.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

Call to Action
    Tacitus was in the process of overhauling all of the call to action events and I think these are at the top of the list for me personally. Each event would be rolled out every other weekend and rotated. The mounts were all going to be up for direct purchase and for a new currency (Chaos Motes) which is shared across all of the events. There were also new dimension items that were being introduced or re-organized into thee new events through the store and as rare drops from doing the event itself. It's important to continue this effort as it's something to do for a lot of people and it keeps everyone busy while we wait for new raid content. This also floods people out into the open world for zone events as that's one of the main activities for the event.

Two of the events were already overhauled:

Mech Week - https://www.cadrift.net/events/call-...ion/mech-week/
    Hellbugs - (No link)
    Unicornalia - Work in Progress
    Budgie Madness - Work in Progress
    New Event? - I don't remember exactly, but there might've been a new promo event in the works too

Shiny Shenanigans
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...ans-may-26-29/
    This drops artifacts which are part of specific collections to the event itself and the rewards and different color glowing eyes. It's a really nice fluff item to have, but the event has only been up a handful of times over the years. It would be really nice to have this up more often.

Wardrobe Weekend
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...drobe-weekend/
    This was usually only done once a year. All wardrobes from all of the events are put up for the weekend and on sale for people to buy with their left over currencies from holiday events and or for direct purchase. This would be nice to have maybe more than once a year especially as people came and go all of the time from the game. Obviously not too often as it sort of defeats the purpose of all of the usual holidays events.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-11-2019 at 08:38 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Gar
    Soulwalker

Default Events

I would love to see unicornilia and the arc rider events come to the game again (mainly because they sound interesting and I haven't done them before)
    Trion said they were going to do a biweekly or monthly event called Call to Action (cta) where they had combined the old events and put each one up every other week or once a month, we only saw it once or twice and it was the hellbug one.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I'd also suggest taking a leaf from Prime's playbook and introducing level scaling per zone, one of the biggest blights to these Events would be the super awesome heroes who would flock to Silverwood/Freemarch and refuse to mentor down from level 70 for the Event and especially the final boss(es) and would just proceed to one shot everything.

If not a permanent feature like on Prime, maybe implement it during Events only.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'd also suggest taking a leaf from Prime's playbook and introducing level scaling per zone, one of the biggest blights to these Events would be the super awesome heroes who would flock to Silverwood/Freemarch and refuse to mentor down from level 70 for the Event and especially the final boss(es) and would just proceed to one shot everything.

If not a permanent feature like on Prime, maybe implement it during Events only.
    Level scaling does have it's dark side as well. Any minor bug in scaling can cause some events unplayable. I have spend some time on Prime during hellbug invasions and meeting lvl52 mobs in lvl 26 zones turned out to be extraordinary annoying after first hilarious raid wipe.

And that was in the time when Prime was still somewhat active, so massive self sacrifices helped to overcome those issues.

My feelings from auto scaling were more negative than positive. Constant dismounts and forced combat with every little mob in any zone went old pretty quickly. Brrrrr.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

Ascendant

Absolutely *NOT* this.

There are a million ways to prevent this, and each one is better than forced mentoring. They could e.g. finally fix that buff on event bosses that makes them take 0 damage when you're not in level range, they could make the bosses invulnerable for 1 minute after spawning, they could give everybody in the zone a "port to boss" button (like the game constantly does during IAs), and so on.

But no forced mentoring. I hate this feature with a passion, and it's one of the main reasons why I left WoW.

Telaran

Default Just no to current shiny shenanigans

Artifact piņata worked great when there were raids running around hitting up each piņata. It was scaled great for that. But generally by the second or third day most people were done and you had discouraging no groups for content designed for it, or 10-20 minutes hitting a piņata to hopefully grab 3 or 4 artifacts. The second and subsequent times it showed up on it was just a waste of an event with perhaps a small group of people annoyed they had to spend so much time on it. I'm sure Trion loved the players who spent money to acquire the artifacts then.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    But no forced mentoring. I hate this feature with a passion, ...
    This gets a +1 from me. Hate it as well and it's one of the main reasons I don't do Prime anymore.

My votes would go to:

- Promotional events, where we get the motes to buy wardrobe, mounts, dimension stuff etc. These should be a regularly recurring thing
    - Shiny Shenanigans, with a better chance of getting nice artifact drops than it has been so far
    - Dev or similar events where we get artifact pinatas and chance of eternal as mentioned here before
    - A better chance to complete achievements to do with certain zone events like Volan or the one in Tyrant's Throne.
    - Maybe some new events to do with old raids so that more people have an incentive to do them?

As others have pointed out, I don't feel that auto mentoring should be added and the team prior stated that when it would eventually be introduced to live, it would only be for any new potential zones/expansions, nothing old or current. I'd prefer it be kept that way.

The alternative "fix" to this (not a perfect one) would be to make sure that all of the call to action events spawn more frequently in the celestial lands and the plane of water. Having them only spawn in vanilla zones makes it more difficult to tag.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast