+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
Like Tree68Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game events - collecting feedback

  1. #61
    Plane Touched Iduna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Since the NA and the EU Server have been merged, it should be ensured that the quest respawn objects faster. With only 3 servers, this is urgently needed. And everything works smoothly. This is more important than many events.
    NA & EU Servers merged?

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iduna View Post
    NA & EU Servers merged?

    We have not merged our servers. NA and EU are separate regions respectively (you cannot find someone on EU Typhiria shardhopped onto NA Deepwood for example).

  3. #63
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    I'd like to see the Jineth and Archaeologist Herim minion cards from the old Arclight event become available again as they are very useful artifact attractors.

    I started some characters on the EU server and did get the Mech Anik minion card from the Arclight event for each new character. I used to get an Archaeologist Herim minion in the mail for each new character but that seems to have stopped.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #64
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    I'd like to see the Jineth and Archaeologist Herim minion cards from the old Arclight event become available again as they are very useful artifact attractors.

    I started some characters on the EU server and did get the Mech Anik minion card from the Arclight event for each new character. I used to get an Archaeologist Herim minion in the mail for each new character but that seems to have stopped.

    I'll bring it up to see what may be able to be done about it!

  5. #65
    Soulwalker Wolfenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11

    Default

    My big 2 would be...

    1) Wardrobe Weekend
    2) Shiny Shenanigans

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
    My big 2 would be...

    1) Wardrobe Weekend
    2) Shiny Shenanigans

    Hey there! I added those as suggestions to potentially wiggle their way back in for the team to look at!

  7. #67
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I'd just like an event which incentivises players to take part in zone events (which i'd also like to see massively buffed so it wasn't just a face roll).

    Increased chance of eternal armor dropping? Mounts? Raid currency? Upgrade parts? I'd like for all this to be a possibility (and I don't just mean give it out like candy either, make them rare but not impossible). I just feel like there is absolutely no challenge in RIFT right now and there needs to be much more difficult zone events to make this work.

    This is pie in the sky stuff though, I know nothing is actually going to get done and this thread is just another pile of false half-promises.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #68
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    I'd just like an event which incentivises players to take part in zone events (which i'd also like to see massively buffed so it wasn't just a face roll).

    Increased chance of eternal armor dropping? Mounts? Raid currency? Upgrade parts? I'd like for all this to be a possibility (and I don't just mean give it out like candy either, make them rare but not impossible). I just feel like there is absolutely no challenge in RIFT right now and there needs to be much more difficult zone events to make this work.

    This is pie in the sky stuff though, I know nothing is actually going to get done and this thread is just another pile of false half-promises.

    I wrote this down for the team to look into as a possibility!

  9. #69
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11

    Default

    This is not directly related to game events, but since you requested our feedback here I go. I'll be frank what I'm going to suggest is an ambitious breakthrough in the how the game works.

    So, please, work on a way to have strong enough non playing characters (not the punny ones we currently have in few places) that appear and can be grouped in zone events. This is mainly to balance all these now very poorly populated zone events that even fail because it's either defend the stone or go on attack (and have the stone taken). You know what I mean right?

    I know this would be quite of a challenge and a balance mess but please consider how game changing and helpful it would be for these many people playing outside of the rush hours, not being able to complete their weeklies by the early of the week (Xarth Marsh I'm looking at you) or just wanting to do that low/mid level event that appeared but no one is wanting to join. Guild may help but they aren't all powerful.

  10. #70
    Rift Chaser Goddessdavida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    329

    Default

    The Fae Yule sparkle quest drove extra interest in events recently. An event quest where something similar drops, and after collecting some number you turn in and get a level-appropriate currency pack (or a choice), and maybe some rare fluff prize.

    To get around the overkill when 70s play in Freemarch/Silverwood events, design the event so the drops only get awarded to people within XP range. And make it so that things drop randomly from mobs as well as the boss.

    Maybe that would stimulate activity in the old zones, which would then help new players have more interest in continuing play. As it stands now, leveling a new toon means pretty much solo quests and mind-numbing IA repetition, not a good way to retain interest for a new player. All the group action currently is in the end game zones.

  11. #71
    Rift Disciple Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    This is not directly related to game events, but since you requested our feedback here I go. I'll be frank what I'm going to suggest is an ambitious breakthrough in the how the game works.

    So, please, work on a way to have strong enough non playing characters (not the punny ones we currently have in few places) that appear and can be grouped in zone events. This is mainly to balance all these now very poorly populated zone events that even fail because it's either defend the stone or go on attack (and have the stone taken). You know what I mean right?

    I know this would be quite of a challenge and a balance mess but please consider how game changing and helpful it would be for these many people playing outside of the rush hours, not being able to complete their weeklies by the early of the week (Xarth Marsh I'm looking at you) or just wanting to do that low/mid level event that appeared but no one is wanting to join. Guild may help but they aren't all powerful.
    Actually there is something like that already in the game, there's a skill you get really early in the game (if you continue the story quests) that allows you to summon a small force to take care of strongholds, they could rework it to include high level zones. At the moment the NPC's summoned are capped at level 60-65 can't eremember.

  12. #72
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    Increased chance of eternal armor dropping? Mounts? Raid currency? Upgrade parts? I'd like for all this to be a possibility (and I don't just mean give it out like candy either, make them rare but not impossible)
    I'm completely supporting this. Not having homogenous rewards is strongly restricting players in certain area of the game, such as permanent Vostigar farming for HL or Xarth Marsh farming in the first half of the week (and hardly nothing at the end of it), and not contributing much to other parties.

    For example, have raids, dungeons and zone events drop a few datagrams for level 70 players will be a significant incensitive for most players.

    Let's take an example:
    - 3 datagrams per 50-65 zone event (Behemot farm included)
    - 5 datagrams per 65-70 zone event
    - 20 per boss (not mini bosses) of weekly raid : 140 total for IORTP(3*20) + TDNM(4*20)),
    - 10 per non-restricted raid (TDEM),
    - 2 datagrams for completing EOA,
    - 0 datagram for dungeons but increase the fragments rewarded a bit (I'm fed up with having spent over 50k, by spending 1k on each chest, without having ANY cricital power at ALL)
    - BOS unchanged
    - reduce weekly rewars to 120 datagrams each.
    - XM would reward a total of 140 since 4*5 from 70 zone event reward + 120 for completing weekly.

    And of course, have the currency type scale with the player's level - like it's already done for many rewards.

    By mixing the sources of input for currency pertaining to the player level (scaling), while keeping balance in mind, you'll increase how the players contribute to the events available and even make HL participate more in low level events.
    Last edited by Lombry; 01-15-2020 at 11:35 AM.

  13. #73
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default gamigo

    WTF is wrong with your game I left WoW to join Rift and all I get is s h i t e

  14. #74
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddessdavida View Post
    The Fae Yule sparkle quest drove extra interest in events recently.
    Well, yes and no. I did farm these on a few toons just to have the huge disappointment of being rewarded only one piece of store equipement that I did not have yet for ALL of them. That means that I farmed 1500 sparkles like a madman for a grand total of one piece of armor that was really worth my time. And there are two reasons that lead to this: 1) the tooltip was missleading (at least for my langage) saying this would drop Bastion of the Steel items. Vostigar store and BoS are not the same for me. 2) I don't even know why no developer thought that maybe it would a good idea to remove pieces already owned by the toon from the drop list. I mean it was so obvious to me that getting the SINGLE piece of equipment I had bought (the footings) on my FIRST toon I had the 500 sparkles reach was a HUGE disappointment.

  15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #75
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    This is not directly related to game events, but since you requested our feedback here I go. I'll be frank what I'm going to suggest is an ambitious breakthrough in the how the game works.

    So, please, work on a way to have strong enough non playing characters (not the punny ones we currently have in few places) that appear and can be grouped in zone events. This is mainly to balance all these now very poorly populated zone events that even fail because it's either defend the stone or go on attack (and have the stone taken). You know what I mean right?

    I know this would be quite of a challenge and a balance mess but please consider how game changing and helpful it would be for these many people playing outside of the rush hours, not being able to complete their weeklies by the early of the week (Xarth Marsh I'm looking at you) or just wanting to do that low/mid level event that appeared but no one is wanting to join. Guild may help but they aren't all powerful.

    I added this to our list of potential possibilities! Sometimes zone events do pop in areas where there may be people who are AFK and whatnot who might not help or just people passing through that sets off a zone event with no intentions of staying there, so I see what you mean!


    Quote Originally Posted by Goddessdavida View Post
    The Fae Yule sparkle quest drove extra interest in events recently. An event quest where something similar drops, and after collecting some number you turn in and get a level-appropriate currency pack (or a choice), and maybe some rare fluff prize.

    To get around the overkill when 70s play in Freemarch/Silverwood events, design the event so the drops only get awarded to people within XP range. And make it so that things drop randomly from mobs as well as the boss.

    Maybe that would stimulate activity in the old zones, which would then help new players have more interest in continuing play. As it stands now, leveling a new toon means pretty much solo quests and mind-numbing IA repetition, not a good way to retain interest for a new player. All the group action currently is in the end game zones.


    You're saying something like the Sigil of Valors from completed instant/intrepids only open world and world event related?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts