+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree61Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game events - collecting feedback

The event with the eggs you fed motes to make the mossy tartagon was a one shot waaaaay back shortly after launch.

If the rift team was going to have some kind of special event I would suggest running that same event again with a new pigment on the tartagon for 2019. Call it "Speckled" and make it gold or sea turtle teal and green or something?

Just interact more with your gamer base. It doesn't take much to make us happy and we were really spoiled before. Take notes.

Soulwalker

Default Arclight infitration promo week

Never done it. Also want the minions

https://riftgrate.com/2015/02/19/gui...on-promo-week/

I'd love to see Call to Arms absorb all the World events into an every weekend event like I've read about elsewhere. Convert all those scattered currencies into one and let us spend them at whichever Event Vendor we like. It'd be awesome if every weekend was a different event, cycling between 8 or 10 different ones. It would have me logging in a lot more regularly.
    Randeth@Faeblight 70Mage
    Hanai@Faeblight 66Rogue
    Bhryne@Faeblight 60Cleric
    Varisil@Faeblight 60Warrior
    Jafera@Faeblight 60Primalist

How about something with the minions. I mean, what are they really for? it really needs to be expanded.

I would like to see essence unsocketers to be placed on the daily login once per month. They were the most necessary services we needed since the change to not being able to upgrade essences that have already been socketed. This meant you have to use credits to unsocket the unupgraded essences or not use them before you fully upgrade them.

I would also like to see motes on the daily login to encourage players to log in more often during events.

I would also like to see a separate part of the store for patron subscribers which allow you to purchase past event items which are best in the slot for the current expansion which usually have a credit purchase option but only appear once a year. This will help those who make alts and just in case you decide to take on different jobs in your raid but did not build for those jobs initially and missed out on those items. Also, to add more exclusive cosmetics only available to the patron would be nice in a special patron store.

As for events I really am interested in the team to make the bigger events that may last a long time appear more than 1 time a year even if it doesn't fit with what is going on at the time in real life. Many times we are on vacation and usually have other things going on besides Rift which make us miss the majority of the event. At that point, it becomes impossible to procure the most wanted items for those events.

Due to low participation, it seems like most of the time I am just purchasing stuff with credits because that is the only way I can obtain those items. I wish for a return to older Rift style where content is being delivered to catch players up to others without relying on direct credit purchases and selling REX for plat. It feels as that is all many have been doing for months to catch up or play alts since there is no gear refreshing and very low participation. It will feel really bad to have purchased gear and then get it outdated within a month or two because new content is released as well. Please allow players sufficient time to think about their purchases by sharing intended release dates a few months in advance and if planned gear overhaul in process. Many have waited patiently for a fragment overhaul that never happened which meant they lost out on playtime waiting for the planned overhaul. You can imagine it yourself if you have to invest 15K-20K+ in plat and motes and planarite with the notion that maybe it is better to wait and see if the overhaul will be a better time to spend those currencies because it would reward better versions or chances. This is very burdening and complicating the investment choices of players.

I also, think IROTP should be added to the LFG raids but as an ezmode so more people can finally get eternals complete without having to wait weeks or months before they can start playing with their friends on alts. Maybe also consider toning down the cost for upgrading items as it seems to be a bit over the top. You can only do so much when the MMO starts to feel like a single player game until the very end game because you missed the initial push to do the content and now that content is dry and all you have left is just cash shop progression.

Also, currency gains from patron bonuses, gear and loyalty tier stack up. This creates a problem with newly created content and currency. Players can fast track progression by many months forcing them to complain about lack of content and leaving many in the dust. It is a double edge sword. When you create new content those bonuses shouldn't effect the new currency.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-08-2019 at 04:04 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #52

Hey guys! Sorry it took a while, but we've noted down the things you suggested so far.

I also have another question though - what kind of community events would you like to see?

I mean, there are several.. Hide & Seek, riddles, "Paparazzi"... something we CMs could set up for you easily.

What are your suggestions on that?
    Discord: Zyra#0666

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You could try a "Where in the World is...." take a screenshot of you/any CM in an out of the way location and get people to post a screenshot of them in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hey guys! Sorry it took a while, but we've noted down the things you suggested so far.

I also have another question though - what kind of community events would you like to see?

I mean, there are several.. Hide & Seek, riddles, "Paparazzi"... something we CMs could set up for you easily.

Bring back "Dev events"!
    you can skim through this one a bit to see what I'm referring to: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220224000?t=29m36s

Obviously it would be CMs instead of Devs this time, but the tl;dr is that devs that would normally appear on the stream would run around random places in live servers and they would turn themselves into hostile NPCs (usually made specifically for them) and would attack players. Any player that hit them and eventually slay them would get some random rewards like titles, in game currency and 1 person would be given a unique skin (eternal armor skins). In the case of the video, Dead Simon was a dev usually in charge of creating artifacts and puzzles so he would run around as a skeleton npc and drop artifact pinatas along the way until he was ready to fight. He then changed into an undead rogue skeleton and faught everyone.

If CMs could get the team to create some special npcs similar to the ones used in the past for special events, that would be great. Another example is an event that Roughraptors (who you know from discord as Haiku Master the Great RR) created a special event for extra life. He would turn 3 random people into dinos and they would fight each other + other people. 3-5 random people would receive the extra life specific rewards that you would normally only get through money raised in your own stream. He usually streamed this on his own time as well to raise money.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7a7OOWERzA

Any types of events like the example given above would be great. Maybe add in some new unique rewards that we haven't seen before. Cosmetics and mounts are always nice. ;)
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-15-2019 at 10:18 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Xly
    Rift Chaser

I just wanted to add a +1 to Holyroller's suggestion. Those events where hugely popular and fun

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

We are planning to start running in game events. And so, we would like to know whether there are any you would particularly like to see return (or appear); if so, which ones?

Liluri
    Arclight Lifter
    Arclight Rider
    Hellbug
    Unicornallia
    Budgie
    Temporal Flux
    Planar Research
    Home City Invasions
    Eternal Armor Drop Event

also DeadSimon had planned on adding more content in order to release the items in our wardrobe for Shiny Shiny weapons that would be really nice to see finally get released

and an event to release Lord Fionn's Horned Crest, Mercrutial's Headdress, and bring back Helm of the Demon Lord and the Seraphim Bundle

Also drop rates of rare grade essences in VP DRRs is WAY TOO scarce and in your efforts to ramp up gearing for future content those have gone unattended

in lockboxes of old we used to get relic gear with currency boost, exp boost, noteriety boost and primary stat boost, while a small handful of weapons that can only be bought from a tab in the store for prize tickets which exclusively drop from current lockboxes exist, none of the other items occur anymore, would it be possible to bring back relic tier gear in some form or another featuring new wardrobe skins that either drop in some form of new event or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Mech Week - https://www.cadrift.net/events/call-...ion/mech-week/
    Hellbugs - (No link)
    Unicornalia - Work in Progress
    Budgie Madness - Work in Progress
    New Event? - I don't remember exactly, but there might've been a new promo event in the works too

Shiny Shenanigans

Wardrobe Weekend
    I would be personally willing to run the Wardrobe Wednesday on a Twitch channel to see this brought back

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If not a permanent feature like on Prime, maybe implement it during Events only.
    my opinion here, too many players hate the idea of "forced" so my idea here is make special rewards attainable ONLY by "voluntary" mentoring for a special ZE made specific one per zone, prizes should not just be lv70 only but a table of level appropriate options for the array of participants

Wardrobe Weekly was the best Community event I recall

as for Dev events, I was never big on being trolled by sudo bosses that would just sit there one shot swiping the attendees over and over, I'm sure that wasn't much fun for the non patrons who had to soul mend all of those deaths

there was a Dev that would go in and spawn on of the big Raid tier ZEs and throw in a special reward for everyone who came to make the big coop a huge screenshot posting success

great community event that made Prime fun were the challenges, would love to see those in Live in addition to the already present Leaderboards

I do want to say there are flaws in CQ that need to be ironed out like needing 3 20 man premades to avoid there being an inbalance in forced allowing the premades to coordinatedly eliminate and farm the others not in a voice chat together
    Last edited by Challengere; 03-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Soulwalker

I'd really like Unicornalia to come back.
    My first day playing rift I spotted the unicorn mount and been trying to get it ever since. Then they stopped having Unicornalia and it's the ONLY mount that I REALLY REALLY WANT. :-(
    Victoryus & Triquee
    Greybriar Shard

Late reply, but anyways..

Mech week was only 2/3 days.. so week ... not so much.
    Currency gain from the quests only... same as current bird event... bad choice

All the promo events back on a regular base for the mounts would be nice, but it would also be nice if the motes could be earned in another way other than just through the 4 dailies.
    Say 1 chaos mote per event you participate in and are mentored for when it ends.
    Getting the regular zone event rewards would be a plus too (currencies, sparkles, credit for ZE weekly...)

Forced mentoring.. no.. but no rewards or credit for the quests if not mentored.. yes.

As for mentoring.. it was an issue with Prime in certain situations.. So extend the mentoring range for getting credit for events/rewards. it is 7 for the mobs, but a mob at max level for the zone and staying 7 levels over that can give credit for the kill but leave out the credit for the zone reward. So make the mentoring upto 4 levels over the zone level for getting credit.. I.E.. 24 max for silverwood/freemarch, 30 for stonefield/gloamwood, 33 for Scarlet Gorge etc.

Rotate the zone events more. It's quite annoying to wait 4 hours in a zone, not seeing an event pop up, but seeing multiple events pop up in the opposite factions zone of that level.

These maybe mini events, but would help for some BP enjoyment too. The 25 fire footholds or 25 fire rifts can be a challenge if you hop 6 shards for 4 different zones and only see 4 fire rifts or footholds alltogether, while death, water and life footholds/rifts seem to be all over the place.

So create a mini event with special reward mode, say close 25 rifts or footholds (or w/e name you give it) in Zone xxx and be auto-mentored for those similar to nightmare rifts.
    That way, people will know they are mentored for those activities and can\t forget to mentor or slash/hack down the stuff before others get a chance to get a tag.

The special pinata events and the devs popping a pinata.. good fun, but not in reach for everybody because of level restrictions when not in a group, not following the livestream or simply being too late for the pinata.
    Pinata popping for a week, so most players have a chance at getting to them or just a zone event with pinatas would be a nice thing.

Exclamation Ingame Events

Since the NA and the EU Server have been merged, it should be ensured that the quest respawn objects faster. With only 3 servers, this is urgently needed. And everything works smoothly. This is more important than many events.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4