+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game events - collecting feedback

I would like to see Call to Arms events return with Hellbugs, Arclight and Unicornelia

St. Patrick's Day: Collecting clover, bags of gold, battle a leprechaun, festive outfits, unicorn mounts

Easter: collecting eggs, something with an easter bunny, chocolate treats, festive spring outfits, mounts

Valentine's Day: We used to have an event, maybe we could bring that one back

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    In the process of trying to find an old thread that discussed this very topic, but it's probably going to take quite a bit of digging. I want to say there were plans to increase the amount of motes you got, but not 100% sure until I find it. In the meantime, there was another thread where Salvatrix said there were plans to convert old event currencies into chaos motes at some point. Putting that back on the table would be nice. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...5361235https:/

Edit: Here's the thread where she mentioned there were likely to be changes to the current activities that are available for CTA events to give more chaos motes than they already do, but never got around to it of course before the acquisition. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ch-week-3.html
    The promo event currencies have already been converted to Chaos Motes.

There was also an increase in Chaos Motes but there may have been more planned after this.
    [Edit: OK I see by the dates that my link pre-dates your quoted statement so more may have been in the works]
    Last edited by Rhipf; 01-15-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Warfront Event

Since so many people play warfronts and new people are always coming in , why not have a warfront event once a month. The same warfronts but with a twist, maybe even a dev in game event. Extra wins or captures in a few day period gets bonus captured intel. legion coin, gear, or relevant stuff? I'd be more than welcome to help with the details. Im sure many of the pvp players have some good ideas. I have a few myself.
    Embalm

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    --
    The ideas are good, and the end result is good, but traditionally BIS items are earned through completing high end content, i.e. raiding, maxing notoriety, and never pay to win.
    Either way, it's a new ballgame, let's see what happens.
    Note: The instances where BIS items were available for credits on the rift store, at least 30% of the raiding population quit.
    You seem to be unaware that the items I listed, "cape, neck and essence," are currently BiS and only obtainable during the correlating World Events. "Raid" gear has always been obtainable for non-raiders via "raid currency" granted as a reward for completing weekly quests. Top raid currency needs to become a reward for doing expert dungeons to incentivize higher geared players doing a daily expert dungeon.

Regarding the "raiding population": they're long gone and won't be coming back since RIFT is no longer a raid based game. I was a hard-core raider and never cared how other people obtained their gear. Personally, I want everyone to have any and every means possible to obtain BiS gear. Better geared players mean a better experience for me when I am randomly grouped with players doing group/public content.

As for reasons raiders left RIFT: Many left during NMT when loot tables were so bloated (an example: 22 items on Fenric) that tanks could clear a raid, every week, for a year and not ever see their tanking weapons drop resulting in many raiders lacking the hit to participate in the new raid. Tertiary stats being RNG/Fragments further gutted the remaining raiding population. Those facts alone make me question the validity of your unsubstantiated claim "at least 30% of the raiding population quit" because they were unhappy that non-raiders were able to purchase, with credits, the prior tier raid gear.
    Last edited by Zyanya; 01-16-2019 at 06:04 AM.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

I liked the event for extra life that happened around november where all the devs would play along with the characters and we would get to know them, there would be prizes for faster leveller and stuff liek that..was AWWSOME!
    Tehjianna Starweaver
    Hailol, Threesprings, Deepwood PVe Servers and Faeblight
    ~~Practically all servers have a character I made, but my Main is DeepWood!

Mayelianna, Arylenna, Airey, Zartanya, Kynne, Aibanna Maeyara & Mayeli as wel ;P

Soulwalker

Default Constant patch

Every time since the last patch on January 17 when i go to login into game either NA or EU it always wants to down load a patch. I check to see what the patch is and its the same one every time from January 17, 2019. Please fix or tell me how to fix it. Thank you.

Soulwalker

I would really love to see an event that pits factions against each other, and not like the iron pine peak's or shimmersand's zone events. I'm thinking anything outside safe zones gets you auto flagged, no one is safe, every thing is fair game. The scoring could go like this: 3 points for every NPC in a non ascended faction, 5 points for Guardian and Defiant NPCs, and 10 points for every player from opposing faction whatever their level is. To make things more fun, there should be a leader board with the highest scoring player from any faction is worth a 100 points, which would put a nice target on their back.
    If this ever becomes an event, I'd make a Guardian toon just to hunt down Nixia.

Quote Originally Posted by Manlet View Post
    I would really love to see an event that pits factions against each other, and not like the iron pine peak's or shimmersand's zone events. I'm thinking anything outside safe zones gets you auto flagged, no one is safe, every thing is fair game. The scoring could go like this: 3 points for every NPC in a non ascended faction, 5 points for Guardian and Defiant NPCs, and 10 points for every player from opposing faction whatever their level is. To make things more fun, there should be a leader board with the highest scoring player from any faction is worth a 100 points, which would put a nice target on their back.
    If this ever becomes an event, I'd make a Guardian toon just to hunt down Nixia.
    Not my intention to shoot your idea down, but this is what pvp servers are/were for. However, there's no way to balance open world pvp and that's partly why people don't do tournaments in dimensions anymore. There's too many rules you have to make and certain items you're not allowed to use so many people just gave up. Warfronts are a more controlled environment where they can turn on bolstering and balance pvp that way which is why most, if not all of the pvp takes place in those. There's honestly not much point in even having a pvp server anymore and there hasn't been in a long time. That's not to say PvP shouldn't be looked it or that the one server should be taken down, but they need a massive overhaul and that's not going to happen anytime soon with the game as a whole needing tons of attention.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-23-2019 at 06:12 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Ascendant

I would really love to see an event that pits factions against each other
    I for one do not touch PvP in tab-target games with a 10 foot stick, so turning the open world into a forced PvP area would be the perfect way to turn players like me away.

Unless I can opt out, like WoW does with their warmode. But in this case a quick google search will show you lots of reasons why warmode is not working (faction imbalance, Blizzard bribing the smaller faction into warmode with huge boosts, and in the end people either turn it off, or group up in huge raids to farm single players).

Add the problems Rift already has with too many people in the same area, and you get the perfect recipe for self-destruction

Soulwalker

While I didn't think this through, I also never understood the reason this community is fighting so hard against PvP. Part of the fun is looking over your shoulder, not knowing who's coming for you or who's the poor soul that will cross your path. If you get ganked you can respawn and get back at the one who ganked you or run away. Give me a better idea, we already lost conquest and port scion.
    Anyway, I only speak for myself. I admit that this is something I will enjoy.

It would be cool of they could have something like "conquest week." Where it gets turned on now and then, perhaps have a few special rewards for participating.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shield of Telara

While I didn't think this through, I also never understood the reason this community is fighting so hard against PvP. Part of the fun is looking over your shoulder, not knowing who's coming for you or who's the poor soul that will cross your path. If you get ganked you can respawn and get back at the one who ganked you or run away. Give me a better idea, we already lost conquest and port scion.
    A better idea would be for all players like you that enjoy pvp in the open world to pick a shard and turn that into your ideal spot to implement your idea. The only problem with this is that there is a such a pvp shard but no one uses it. That alone should show you that most of the players of Rift (currently anyway) don't really like to look over their shoulder to see who the next person to gank them will be.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 01-24-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    It would be cool of they could have something like "conquest week." Where it gets turned on now and then, perhaps have a few special rewards for participating.
    That would be nice, and I'd really like that to be a thing even if it happens once a year.

While I didn't think this through, I also never understood the reason this community is fighting so hard against PvP. Part of the fun is looking over your shoulder, not knowing who's coming for you or who's the poor soul that will cross your path. If you get ganked you can respawn and get back at the one who ganked you or run away.
    It's not about people fighting against it, but it hasn't been done well for a long time. I started out on the beta pvp server (deepstrike) which carried over as the main pvp server into live. I enjoyed that very same aspect of the game you just spoke of, but much like wow, faction imbalance starts to get carried away. There's never really any one real reason as to why, but it got to a point where the biggest pvp guilds were on guardian and they both griefed ember isle completely when it first dropped to the point where most of the raiding/defiant guilds transferred off and both guilds (supposedly) got 10 day bans for over griefing. Needles to say, the server died shortly after that and got merged into a trial server which is also gone.

Give me a better idea, we already lost conquest and port scion.
    There's been a plethora of good/better ideas people have suggested over the years for pvp, but it's never been given the attention it needs. Unfortunately, more people prefer to PvE than they do PvP and the game historically tries to incentivize people to do it for PvE related rewards, but no one likes feeling forced into it and once they take those incentives out, warfronts become empty and that's what happen to conquest once CQ power was taken out and the upgrade components they used to give became obsolete. Granted, that's not the only reason conquest died i'm sure.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-24-2019 at 12:47 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast