+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In game events - collecting feedback

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    no forced mentoring. I hate this feature with a passion, and it's one of the main reasons why I left WoW.

I haven't touched WoW since Rift came out but from what i'm aware of their system of mentoring, the mobs scale to you which is even worse, no matter what level you are, the mob will be the same level as you, i even read you're better to lock your XP at level 110 as you're 'stronger' at that level than at max level.

The scaling on Rift Prime mentors you to the highest level of the zone, so if you're level 70, you'll get mentored down to level 20 in Silverwood/Freemarch, that still makes most mobs there trivial. After a few weeks of it, you don't even notice any disadvantages but each to their own.

Well, if players don't like that method, they could use the Nightmare Rift tech, the spawn points of all tears are always fixed in same location so just introduce mentoring for the Rift spawns only, works very well if you summon a NMR right now on Live in any zone.

The boss would need something different, maybe introduce a zone of, say, 50 metres, around the boss that's fixed on the boss so anyone within this 50m range is mentored down to the level of the boss, there you go, instant solution to the trolls who we all know will refuse to mentore down and who will just turn up to grief the events.

Fairly sure i've suggested these methods numerous times but we'll see how the new owners approach it.

Please bring bang shiny shenanigans more often, they are so fun to farm and i would love to have a set of orange glowing Eyes

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Absolutely *NOT* this.

They could e.g. finally fix that buff on event bosses that makes them take 0 damage when you're not in level range, they could make the bosses invulnerable for 1 minute after spawning, they could give everybody in the zone a "port to boss" button (like the game constantly does during IAs), and so on.
    I'd love one of those suggestions. Invulnerable boss until everyone can be in range, or port to boos. Nice one (-:
    Some have a lifetime, and some just a day. Love is a thing you can't measure that way.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The scaling on Rift Prime mentors you to the highest level of the zone, so if you're level 70, you'll get mentored down to level 20 in Silverwood/Freemarch, that still makes most mobs there trivial. After a few weeks of it, you don't even notice any disadvantages but each to their own.
    It worked well on Prime and opens the door to bringing back Mayhem events which were the most fun I enjoyed for world events after zone/content launch events that occurred in the past. Rift was at it best when many gathered in one place. (Edit: Until Nightmare Tide, too many disconnections and server lag.)

Making low level zones relevant, low level content (LFG tool, mentoring dungeon rewards etc) and cleaning up currencies so they are the same from day one this late in the game makes a ton of good player & business sense. Adding more achievements/rewards to collections (including mounts, costume types, dimensions) and going back to low level zones etc) would also add more fun.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-12-2019 at 09:46 AM.

I quite like the auto mentor function on Prime. It is one of the features I really enjoy about Prime. Keeps everyone in a more balanced playing field and the people mentored are still a bit more powerful due to being at the zones max level and having abilities that come with higher levels.
    Seems like this would be easy to implement as it is already used on Prime and functions very well.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

I don't remember everything the old events entailed, but I would love to be able to get enough of the special currencies to get a unicorn mount.
    That said, I was very unhappy with the new call to action events, the amount of chaos motes you would have to earn before being able to get a mount was discouraging. Also I liked the special activities of the old events, like the races and such, the call to action had no 'special flavor' just do these zone events.And if the call to action events stay the same, then I have very little interest in participating in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnia View Post
    That said, I was very unhappy with the new call to action events, the amount of chaos motes you would have to earn before being able to get a mount was discouraging. Also I liked the special activities of the old events, like the races and such, the call to action had no 'special flavor' just do these zone events.And if the call to action events stay the same, then I have very little interest in participating in them.
    In the process of trying to find an old thread that discussed this very topic, but it's probably going to take quite a bit of digging. I want to say there were plans to increase the amount of motes you got, but not 100% sure until I find it. In the meantime, there was another thread where Salvatrix said there were plans to convert old event currencies into chaos motes at some point. Putting that back on the table would be nice. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...5361235https:/

Edit: Here's the thread where she mentioned there were likely to be changes to the current activities that are available for CTA events to give more chaos motes than they already do, but never got around to it of course before the acquisition. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ch-week-3.html
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-12-2019 at 09:11 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

I'd also suggest taking a leaf from Prime's playbook and introducing level scaling per zone, one of the biggest blights to these Events would be the super awesome heroes who would flock to Silverwood/Freemarch and refuse to mentor down from level 70 for the Event and especially the final boss(es) and would just proceed to one shot everything.

If not a permanent feature like on Prime, maybe implement it during Events only.
    Ummm no. That is the one thing I hate most about Prime.

Shiny Shenanigans, with higher rates of epic/relic drops :P
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    I always enjoyed the in-game events that involved collecting the currency to purchase fluff/mounts. All of the prior special events need to be returned to the rotation.

Just a suggestion regarding World Event and other event items,especially items that are BiS such as neck, cape and essence.

An excellent way to further monetize the event items would be to make them constantly available to be purchased with credits as well as purchasable with event currency during the event. I would imagine it would be a simple matter of leaving the event items in The Store under a tab denoting the World Event and turning on and off the option to purchase with event currency during the corresponding event and at its conclusion.

Making these items available throughout the year would encourage people to gear alts and spend credits in The Store.
    --
    The ideas are good, and the end result is good, but traditionally BIS items are earned through completing high end content, i.e. raiding, maxing notoriety, and never pay to win.
    Either way, it's a new ballgame, let's see what happens.
    Note: The instances where BIS items were available for credits on the rift store, at least 30% of the raiding population quit.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 01-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Soulwalker

I'd also suggest taking a leaf from Prime's playbook and introducing level scaling per zone, one of the biggest blights to these Events would be the super awesome heroes who would flock to Silverwood/Freemarch and refuse to mentor down from level 70 for the Event and especially the final boss(es) and would just proceed to one shot everything.

If not a permanent feature like on Prime, maybe implement it during Events only.
    No, no, and more no. Level scaling breaks the game.

Telaran

Default Raids, Raids and oh did i mention Raids

A new raid would be fantastic. IGSB or a brand new one would be better but at this point i think people would settle for IGSB for the time being
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Curious, we no longer have anything for Valentines day which is really odd. We use to have the Festival of Mariel-Taun. Like many I hated the love-bug spam which turned into an item you could buy instead but the festival was never replaced.

It would be nice to have a Valentines celebration. Maybe Pink Hellbug Rifts just for this day? OR there is also a Corgi event with Extra Life. I am guessing Extra Life will not be continued the way it has been so this event won't be available?

Maybe The House of Fluffington could become the House of Fluffingtines or something? Valentines could become the epic time of year we celebrate all the fluffy cuteness in Rift, maybe this could be a good time to bring back the items from Earth Day for dimensions (they are not in the game,) companion sales and events/achievements highlighted. Perhaps reskinning companions and mounts into a pink one (as Pink as the Lovely Budgie) that don't already have one like the hellbug, raptor, arclight rider, tuskar, racing snail etc?

Maybe turn on the love bug spam from Festival of Mariel-Taun just in warfronts?

Any which way I'd love to celebrate love.

While I am here: every year Rifts birthday is celebrated with Carnival, will it continue this year?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottgrad View Post
    No, no, and more no. Level scaling breaks the game.
    How so? It works fine on Prime.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Curious, we no longer have anything for Valentines day which is really odd. We use to have the Festival of Mariel-Taun. Like many I hated the love-bug spam which turned into an item you could buy instead but the festival was never replaced.

It would be nice to have a Valentines celebration. Maybe Pink Hellbug Rifts just for this day? OR there is also a Corgi event with Extra Life. I am guessing Extra Life will not be continued the way it has been so this event won't be available?

Maybe The House of Fluffington could become the House of Fluffingtines or something? Valentines could become the epic time of year we celebrate all the fluffy cuteness in Rift, maybe this could be a good time to bring back the items from Earth Day for dimensions (they are not in the game,) companion sales and events/achievements highlighted. Perhaps reskinning companions and mounts into a pink one (as Pink as the Lovely Budgie) that don't already have one like the hellbug, raptor, arclight rider, tuskar, racing snail etc?

Maybe turn on the love bug spam from Festival of Mariel-Taun just in warfronts?

Any which way I'd love to celebrate love.

While I am here: every year Rifts birthday is celebrated with Carnival, will it continue this year?
    They have stated that they are planning something great for carnival event. I can't wait to see and I hope it is good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast