+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frequent questions & concerns - update

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Frequent questions & concerns - update

Greetings Ascended!

Over the past few weeks, we have gathered points on which the community wanted an update. Here are some answers from the RIFT team to the questions we’ve spotted appearing frequently on the forums.

What happened to Friday livestreams?
    The old livestream format will not be returning for the time being.

Is there a plan to merge shards? If so what will happen to players’ characters and items?
    We are looking at merges for both NA and EU early in 2019. The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names. We will have more info on how those will be resolved as we get closer to announcing the dates.

When is the next round of balance changes happening?
    Class balance is an ongoing concern that we will continue to monitor and address with our weekly updates.

Any update on reworking/overhauling of Planar Fragments?
    Updates to Planar Fragments discussed previously are no longer on the table. We hope to reevaluate the system next year.

Will rift prime remain open? If so, when will prime raids be released?
    Prime will remain open through 2018, with raids being released this week!

What can we expect regarding the final raid for Prophecy of Ahnket?
    Nothing to announce at this time.

Any update on a possible cross shard Auction House?
    Unfortunately, not at this moment.

What happened to the TOKS 2 project?
    The TOKS 2 project is no longer in active development.

Quick note on Fae Yule.
    Regarding the lack of new content. We wish we could have done a larger update this year. We'll try to make up for it with our next event for the 8th anniversary. Stay tuned.

What can we look forward to on RIFT?
    While we cannot share the details just yet, we are currently working on some new level 70 expert content.

If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below (please be as concise as possible). Please be mindful that we might not be able to answer all of them at the same time.

Ascendant

First of all, thanks for the update on some of the most burning issues.

Here are two questions that came to my mind when reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Is there a plan to merge shards? If so what will happen to players’ characters and items?
    We are looking at merges for both NA and EU early in 2019. The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names. We will have more info on how those will be resolved as we get closer to announcing the dates.
    Are you aware that - by the means of switching shards anytime - this will limit the game play options?

a) When your zone is overrun by an invasion, but you don't like participating, you can just switch to another shard and continue whatever you were doing.

b) More shards also means more world events to which you can jump on will.

The less shards, the less options - and I just returned to Rift from a game where options were dwindling by the minute, which is one of the reasons why I left that game.

Is this a typoe, or does it mean that Prime will be closed in 10 days (end of 2018)?
    Last edited by Elayara; 12-21-2018 at 11:07 AM.

thx for the update!

I was wondering if the Fae Yule sparkle quest could possibly be a carry-over type of event, since it basically repeats each other. I am not sure how this would work if someone wanted to collect 498/498 sparkles and simply wait for the next year for a huge upgrade lol.

But some people don't have the time to work on an alt and maybe get 200 done and then it vanishes.. It would be nice if it that progress could perhaps be saved? just a thought.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Merging servers is not a bad thing as that will bring the remaining community closer together, particularly in terms of solving the AH issues of having to use an alt account/mule over. It will give completionists, dimmers, traders etc. etc. a more satisfying experience.

But there are 2 obvious issues with this, one addressed about. Taking away the option to flick through servers would be incredibly frustrating. Players are used to that now when hunting events, rares etc. Immersion isn't really a consideration now in open world. The solution? Ensure when there is a merger you still supply shards for this.

This should help with the second issue too which is lag. Brutwacht is a clear example of this. Ensure alternative shards are available and ensure these are not just run from one server (unless you're moving all servers to a brand new one which is doubtful)
    Fwob - Zaviel

While we cannot share the details just yet, we are currently working on some new level 70 expert content.

Any new content is good, but most people don't need anything out of experts other than finishing the 25 required for eternal weapon upgrades. Gear progress wise they're not even necessary with VP quest gear available.

The lack of any new raids and open world stuff is whats got most people bored.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

It would be helpful if/when you have the info to include character slot information in addition to the name info. For me personally, I only own 6 slots per server (and we can currently only have up to 12, I think) but on the NA cluster, I have a total of 14 characters across three servers; and there will be other players who have more than I do. So depending on what all is being merged, some of us will have over the current limit so we will need to be informed of what will happen, as I'm sure you know.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

I know you won't be able too answer these right away, but just some more detailed questions regarding server merges.

- I assume that name collisions being the only impacts means that people with 12 characters on every shard will be able to somehow keep all of them? Many people have even pumped real money via credits into the vast amount of alts they have so having them being deleted would be a major concern to say the least. More clarification on this would be appreciated.

- How does the team plan to address name collision? I expect many people to be very upset if the name/s they've been using for several years (or even since beta) will be taken by someone else getting merged in.

- Will the merges turn into a mega shard or will it be narrowed down to 2-3 shards instead?

- As others have mentioned, server hopping is an important aspect of the game as it allows people to still farm what they need to farm ranging from tradeskill materials, kills, artifacts, rares and so on. Will the team look at opening up lobbies/instances when a certain area/zone get too populated? That's personallythe only way I can see a mega shard working.

We need more clarification from the team whether or not this means that the server will go down after christmas or if they will stay up through 2019. The original plan for Prime was to be up for a limited time (1 year or a little more) and then have those players transfer their characters to live servers with either region/shard as a choice. The issue is that cross server/region transfers were not a thing yet, but they had until Prime went down to figure it out. There was a lot of outrage when the original plan was to delete prime characters and simply transfer their achievements/rewards over to live servers instead of the characters themselves so you may want to tread very lightly on this one.

What can we expect regarding the final raid for Prophecy of Ahnket?
    Nothing to announce at this time.
    Nothing? We know that there were several things that just needed a QA pass and while I don't claim to know how technically difficult that is and or how much work it is, I do hope to see these things come sooner rather than later as they were almost or completely done in some way, shape or form:

- Planar Disciples (Possibly the least finished, but they were well into development)
    - Intrepid: Greenscales Blight (Needed QA pass)
    - Battle Pass (Just needed to be patched in)
    - Ahnkets Tower Raid: I know this, from my sources, early on was in active development, but I don't know how far into it the team was.

New content is welcome, but expert level content? I suppose we won't know until we have more details, but unless you plan on making this expert content relevant to the people who have been doing Bastion of Steel for over a year now, then it's too little too late to be adding in new expert content when we've only had 2 new expert dungeons since PoA launched. That time/effort/resources would be better placed in getting the things mentioned above out. Please do not bother recycling even more content than we've already had to deal with either.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Soulwalker

Regarding the server merges; will we see character slots being extended? Losing alts would be a major issue, more than likely for many people.

*Edit*

If there isn't character extensions added, would it be possible to transfer to other accounts?
    Last edited by Hayjayy; 12-23-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Jayysa@Laethys Hayjayy@Laethys Jayyalina@Laethys Bluejayy@Laethys Jayyjay@Laethys Jayyona@Laethys

General of Telara

there is a concern about server merges on EU, esp with brisesol and brutwacht, since they are french language/german language shards. I know many, many players that don't speak English at all, so this COULD be a problem.

One thing that would maybe keep the majority of those players in the game would be if the public channels (like the level channels 4-29 etc) that are language-exclusive remained as they are now, and NOT merged with the other shard's public channels.

but please don't get rid of my friends by just merging without thinking about that first :-)
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

We thought gamigo will save the rift but we failed once more. Trion was lying to us but working on some stuff at least Lel

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

I can understand why merging servers is on the cards, i only hope that this is done very delicately, taking into account all the difficulties already mentioned..
    i would like to add though that you will also need to increase spawn rates of pretty much everything, from quest mobs and items, to artifacts, zone events and rare mobs..

please dont be thinking that will be an easy job

the alt management will be a nightmare.. even taking 6 shards down to just 3 would mean that some people are squishing 60 alts onto 3 shards. A lot of those extra alts would have been paid for, so asking people to delete them is really not an option!

i would like to wish the team managing the merges a lot of luck!

Excepted; still in assessment/transition period, with more to say/release first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    I can understand why merging servers is on the cards, i only hope that this is done very delicately, taking into account all the difficulties already mentioned..
    i would like to add though that you will also need to increase spawn rates of pretty much everything, from quest mobs and items, to artifacts, zone events and rare mobs..

please dont be thinking that will be an easy job

the alt management will be a nightmare.. even taking 6 shards down to just 3 would mean that some people are squishing 60 alts onto 3 shards. A lot of those extra alts would have been paid for, so asking people to delete them is really not an option!

i would like to wish the team managing the merges a lot of luck!
    They really should increase the rates, easy or not, and during/before the merge or announced to be in the works for after.

Soulwalker

Greetings Ascended!

Over the past few weeks, we have gathered points on which the community wanted an update. Here are some answers from the RIFT team to the questions we’ve spotted appearing frequently on the forums

Quick note on Fae Yule.
    Regarding the lack of new content. We wish we could have done a larger update this year. We'll try to make up for it with our next event for the 8th anniversary. Stay tuned.

While we cannot share the details just yet, we are currently working on some new level 70 expert content
    Thank you Liluri.

•I'm concerned as to how this shard merge will affect all of the players outside of the EU/NA regions, e.g. increased latency?

•Rift's 8th Anniversary is not until March next year, around 3 months away. Will there be a "Valentines Week" world event in February?

Telaran

Quick note on Fae Yule.
    What exactly was "updated" for this year? From what I can tell, it's the exact same thing as last year. And this is something you were "hard at work" doing?

It's about time you get to actually anouncing..... something.

If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below (please be as concise as possible).
    This is as concise as it can possibly be: TELL US YOUR PLANS FOR RIFT! To elaborate more, I give you a list of questions to answer.

1. Do you plan to shut down the game?
    2. If not, do you plan to keep the game running as is?
    3. If not, do you plan to give us actual NEW content that is relevant aaaaaand not a copy/paste of previous content and/or events?
    4. If not, do you have ANY plans at all? I am getting extremely tired of the whole "we cannot tell you more at this time" crap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast