+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree78Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frequent questions & concerns - update

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Maybe it is possible to place 67 characters from one account on the same shard. One option would be to add scrolling to the character lists so there could be more than 6 characters in each of the two columns.
    I have toons on all NA shards total 91. Each serves a purpose and I really don't want to lose any. Putting them on one shard would be great or perhaps when consolidation occurs balance remaining shards to accommodate a balance of current total of 91 toons for those of us who are nuts in what we do.
    Admiral Squirrel (Unofficial Guild Squirrel Recruitment Officer.)
    AKA:Foamysquirrel, Cptsquirrelsnuts, LTCsquirrelsnuts, Grievancequirrel, Santa Squirrel, and many more....

I haven't personally played too many mmos with a ton of character slots one one server. Upon looking up some other games, EQ2 popped up with: https://www.mmorpg.com/everquest-ii/...ots-1000018191

I don't think they should be doing more nickle and diming, but maybe introducing unlimited slots as part of Patron (past the initial 12) would be incentive. If you're not patron, the characters would just be locked, but not deleted until you resub. This is assuming they decided to do a mega shard. I'm sure others can come up with plenty of other ideas much better than that, but just something off the top of my tired brain. A scrolling character list would be nice as previously mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxKPmMlTFY

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I don't think they should be doing more nickle and diming, but maybe introducing unlimited slots as part of Patron (past the initial 12) would be incentive. If you're not patron, the characters would just be locked, but not deleted until you resub.
    Yeah, they could simply call it "making patron even better", and see how far it gets them

On a more serious note, doing this would require much more than a scrolling list. I for one have toons on every EU server, but a couple of them are what I consider my "mains". If I log in one day to find 12 of my other toons as the active ones, while my mains are locked behind a patron barrier, I would be severely p*ssed.

IMO Gamigo needs to invest something into the game, just to prove that they care. Continuing the Trion road (taking away stuff, while slapping price tags anywhere, with just some lame PR blah-blah as justification) is not going to work, at least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    If I log in one day to find 12 of my other toons as the active ones, while my mains are locked behind a patron barrier, I would be severely p*ssed..
    Certainly not my best idea, but hence why I mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I'm sure others can come up with plenty of other ideas much better than that, but just something off the top of my tired brain.
    I'm in the same boat as other people with 60+ characters across the servers and I use them all to help farm holidays wardrobes and carnival stuff whenever that comes around. I've pumped in quite a bit of money/time so I wouldn't ever want to see them deleted or be forced into doing so.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

Over the past few weeks, we have gathered points on which the community wanted an update. Here are some answers from the RIFT team to the questions we’ve spotted appearing frequently on the forums.

What happened to Friday livestreams?
    The old livestream format will not be returning for the time being.

If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below (please be as concise as possible). Please be mindful that we might not be able to answer all of them at the same time.
    Hi Liluri & Team

Thank you for this post before the Christmas break allowing some peace of mind during this time. Folks are addressing many things so I want to zero in on the livestream decision for a number of reasons that might be better approached with questions first so here goes:

Why not keep the Trion Worlds channel & all games on one channel?

I am guessing it is not possible to just change the channel name like one might a personal channel legally but I see Gamigo has a channel. Could all games not be put on it?

I missed no more than a handful of livestream Fridays & tuned in for all of them since they began so I observed a ton of things. Over the years there was not only a positive moral benefit but also a great marketing benefit allotting a time slot to a game & allowing players to see other games they hadn't played while they waited/stopped watching for the game they specifically tuned in for. Sure, there was the added annoyance of folks asking something for/demanding their main game during another's but it also became part of the "charm" of all the [Trion Worlds] Gamigo communities gathering in one spot.

Without one centralized location I fear Gamigo are not interested in getting to know/understand the people in their communities which is something we appreciated greatly about Trion Worlds.

I also understand the new teams are still settling and Redwood moved offices so Austin was holding the "twitch livestream fort" but going into 2019 I'd really like to suggest/encourage reconsideration of not having all Gamigo games on one channel so Rift can have a monthly stream - a bi-monthly stream (etc) & you could consider including your other games at time slots that suit you so we can get to know them too.

Having no livestream at all for Rift is a huge loss for you and for us but If we truly do not stand any chance of ever getting any Rift livestream in the future what will Gamigo do in its place to encourage community events/creations/giveaways? Will you utilize social media more, the blog or forums?

Getting to know you and knowing who is on the Rift team I hope is at the top of the 2019 list of what the community needs.

Thank you.

Soulwalker

One big post of evasion. A way to give people hope, just like how you guys said how you were working hard on the Yule Event. Where it translated into making sure last years event launch without any bugs/issues for this years event.

Soulwalker

Default Just One Question

I am curious to know who is in charge of the Addon UI? I am truly loving Imhothar's Bag UI, But it is not doing its job of showing just one bag which is the whole purpose of it. I REALLY Hate seeing fifteen Bags all open when I try to use my bank.

Right now-- I realize that it is not being actively developed (Although, I am Praying that someone takes up the Mantle and makes it work properly ) so I am asking until such time can you at least fix it so that the Trion Window Interface disappears while using this Add On. Please.

Also, I am not one of the ones who like to Flame you for doing your jobs as I realize that you are simply just as human as we are and that well...sometimes Life Happens whether we want it to or not. So without further Ado--Thank you for all the hours you pour into this game and the hard work of trying to ensure the bugs are fixed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below (please be as concise as possible). Please be mindful that we might not be able to answer all of them at the same time.
    Any updates on this? Not a single question has actually been answered since this thread was made 2 months ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5