+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Frequent questions & concerns - update

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

• Is there a plan to merge shards? If so what will happen to players’ characters and items?
    We are looking at merges for both NA and EU early in 2019. The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names. We will have more info on how those will be resolved as we get closer to announcing the dates.
    Ah ah, that's a funny one. Have you ever tried to go on Tempest Bay Auction House / Crafting zone on Brutwatch on EU server? Massive lag and have to shard hop. Same thing happen with Xarth Event boss, too many people on screen and the game suffer badly. Or, let's see, have you ever tried to do Vostigar Peaks dailies? The ones where you have to click objects. Well, if you want to finish them in 20 minutes massive shard hops are required. With a single shard, the "daily" word assume a new meaning, a day is required to finish it.

• Any update on reworking/overhauling of Planar Fragments?
    Updates to Planar Fragments discussed previously are no longer on the table. We hope to reevaluate the system next year.

• What can we expect regarding the final raid for Prophecy of Ahnket?
    Nothing to announce at this time.

• What happened to the TOKS 2 project?
    The TOKS 2 project is no longer in active development.
    Wow, these were the tales that Trion used to tell us to keep us calm, now there are all gone.

• What can we look forward to on RIFT?
    While we cannot share the details just yet, we are currently working on some new level 70 expert content.
    Mh, why I can only imagine a change on the rewards of actual ones (like more currencies) and no new map at all?

If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below (please be as concise as possible). Please be mindful that we might not be able to answer all of them at the same time.
    I do have one question.
    Now that I'm a level 70 with T2 gear and BoS is become easy as a chronicle, what's the purpose on playing the same content over and over without a chance to improve the toon?

I waste time on searching artifacts, earning achievements, doing pvp, dimension too, but the core is the toon improvement at least for me, and that is subordinate to new content, that is not announced and therefore will not be released soon.

Waiting for a sincere reply.
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - GA 4/4 - PBB 3/5 - IG 2/3 - BoB 2/8

If you close Brisesol, i'll stop definitly Rift.
    I already stop sub because of the lack of content, but if you close the last french shard, there would be no reason to hope something from you.

Brisesol and Brutwatch must remain because they are essential for french and german players.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Default Not that unexpected

Any last glimmer of hope I had that this game would continue in some worthwhile fashion has been smashed by this statement from the new owner. It's maintenance mode for my account now - tidy up some loose ends and have a break from MMOs for a while.

Soulwalker

i definitely would hate to lose my main's name due to a shard merge.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    If you close Brisesol, i'll stop definitly Rift.
    I already stop sub because of the lack of content, but if you close the last french shard, there would be no reason to hope something from you.

Brisesol and Brutwatch must remain because they are essential for french and german players.
    Why are those essential for French and German players? WHy they need separate shard, why now just create french & german chat channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Arzka2 View Post
    Why are those essential for French and German players? WHy they need separate shard, why now just create french & german chat channels?
    These shards are the only place where we are sure to find players speaking our language.

Channel are not enought for many reasons.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    These shards are the only place where we are sure to find players speaking our language.

Channel are not enought for many reasons.
    There are no Portuguese, Greek, Bulgarian, or Danish shards. What do those players do? They play on shards that fit them the most. If those shards close, they play on other shards. What makes French and German players so special that you must have your own shards and play with your own people?

Default at least its something...very long drawn out sighhhhhhhh

• What happened to Friday livestreams?
    The old livestream format will not be returning for the time being.

Why not? maybe look at the positive results of having such a medium, this also goes for the rest of your games. Why doesn't Rift get any on air love?? I wanna know a good answer , not because your shorthanded, tell the truth.

• Is there a plan to merge shards? If so what will happen to players’ characters and items?
    We are looking at merges for both NA and EU early in 2019. The only impact to players will be collisions with player/guild names. We will have more info on how those will be resolved as we get closer to announcing the dates.

When you merge shards, make sure there is ample time between the changes. I think have it cut down to 4 shards is fine, we will survive. In fact 4 is a nice even number where we still get our freedom and have access to our other characters without deleting any at all. Keep it smart and simple please.We can also team up easily with others having four servers. One or two is simple chaotic thinking, the system can barely handle a group of players in area as it is, please me mindful that lag is always a downer for everyone. 4 servers are reasonable, not one or two.

• When is the next round of balance changes happening?
    Class balance is an ongoing concern that we will continue to monitor and address with our weekly updates.

Okay, so does this mean as time carries on and we complain about a certain role/class than you will work on it??? Fix Cleric please, fix all the souls that are free to play to make them viable in end game without paying for extra souls to be compatible. PLEASE.

Updates to Planar Fragments discussed previously are no longer on the table. We hope to reevaluate the system next year.

okay, sure. Whatever.

• Will rift prime remain open? If so, when will prime raids be released?
    Prime will remain open through 2018, with raids being released this week!

You mean 2019????Kill prime off already and take live serious as it should have been the first time around.

wow, no raid? Again , whatever....sigh.

• Any update on a possible cross shard Auction House?
    Unfortunately, not at this moment.

okay this is forgivable, I think.

Okay, will anything like this be made ever again in Rift? If not , why get rid of the best developer to make puzzles happen? A surely unique thing in this game......sigh.

• Quick note on Fae Yule.
    Regarding the lack of new content. We wish we could have done a larger update this year. We'll try to make up for it with our next event for the 8th anniversary. Stay tuned.

Lack of content? You mean lack of devs and time?

While we cannot share the details just yet, we are currently working on some new level 70 expert content.

Uhm, I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that your team offer more details than this or you won't have a chance to work on anything...Seriously, what kind of answer is this??! Do you realize you are loosing the player base by a daily basis due to this very vague answer?? Do you care? Why bother even pretending to put time in Rift when you have no solid leads for the game? So disgusted! I'm sorry but come on already!!!! My god!
    This is just another joke to me honestly. I mean why even be here to state these so called answers when we already know....Why bother??? I wanna know!!!!!

oh and experts for what? I mean maybe add ton more stuff to all dungeons(make them all experts) to make them all viable again, way better than having two/three experts to do over and over and over again..

BE HONEST WITH US THAT HAVE PAID YEARS INTO THIS GAME!!! Can you do that at least and say the truth of the future of this game????? WE DESERVE MORE THAN THIS!!

I"m sorry but its true and I'm getting sick of the beating around the bush ********. Its time to lay it all out on the table and be done with it. If you keep players than fine, but BE HONEST. This is not a joke, this is/are players money and time you are taking advantage of by these half *** answers and who can blame me for being angry. I could care less about the other games under Trions/gamigo, they need to be shunned off for once, maybe realize that those other games put Rift ,THEIR NUMBER ONE GAME IN JEOPARDY!

So disgusted....ugh. I'm not gonna ask for nothing anymore because its wasted effort I think and I never thought I would get to this point of state of mind but here it is, happening.

Just to be clear, I'm not attacking anyone here, I'm simply yelling because I can. I realize that this new company just took this game over , however I think that its still bs that they can't give us any direct answers really and meanwhile the other games are getting much love and live streams, so explain this Please!!!!! Take a great game and do something with it or sell it off to someone who will, simple.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There are no Portuguese, Greek, Bulgarian, or Danish shards. What do those players do? They play on shards that fit them the most. If those shards close, they play on other shards. What makes French and German players so special that you must have your own shards and play with your own people?
    I think people are going to have to return to reality here. Someone not too long ago did an informal population count and came to the conclusion that all NA/EU/Prime players could fit onto a single shard. It stands to reason that they will most likely drop the PvP servers and have just two live shards in each realm - one for standard and one for RP. Once they develop a way to integrate standard and RP together into one shard then there will just be one shard in each realm. I don't even think they'll try to play it down calling Shard Unification or some such and hosting a special event to go with it - I think they'll just do it and be done with it because they don't really give a rat's butt what the players think.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    • What happened to Friday livestreams?
    The old livestream format will not be returning for the time being.

Why not? maybe look at the positive results of having such a medium, this also goes for the rest of your games. Why doesn't Rift get any on air love?? I wanna know a good answer , not because your shorthanded, tell the truth.

When you merge shards, make sure there is ample time between the changes. I think have it cut down to 4 shards is fine, we will survive. In fact 4 is a nice even number where we still get our freedom and have access to our other characters without deleting any at all. Keep it smart and simple please.We can also team up easily with others having four servers. One or two is simple chaotic thinking, the system can barely handle a group of players in area as it is, please me mindful that lag is always a downer for everyone. 4 servers are reasonable, not one or two.

• When is the next round of balance changes happening?
    Class balance is an ongoing concern that we will continue to monitor and address with our weekly updates.

Okay, so does this mean as time carries on and we complain about a certain role/class than you will work on it??? Fix Cleric please, fix all the souls that are free to play to make them viable in end game without paying for extra souls to be compatible. PLEASE.

okay, sure. Whatever.

• Will rift prime remain open? If so, when will prime raids be released?
    Prime will remain open through 2018, with raids being released this week!

You mean 2019????Kill prime off already and take live serious as it should have been the first time around.

wow, no raid? Again , whatever....sigh.

• Any update on a possible cross shard Auction House?
    Unfortunately, not at this moment.

okay this is forgivable, I think.

Okay, will anything like this be made ever again in Rift? If not , why get rid of the best developer to make puzzles happen? A surely unique thing in this game......sigh.

• Quick note on Fae Yule.
    Regarding the lack of new content. We wish we could have done a larger update this year. We'll try to make up for it with our next event for the 8th anniversary. Stay tuned.

Lack of content? You mean lack of devs and time?

Uhm, I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that your team offer more details than this or you won't have a chance to work on anything...Seriously, what kind of answer is this??! Do you realize you are loosing the player base by a daily basis due to this very vague answer?? Do you care? Why bother even pretending to put time in Rift when you have no solid leads for the game? So disgusted! I'm sorry but come on already!!!! My god!
    This is just another joke to me honestly. I mean why even be here to state these so called answers when we already know....Why bother??? I wanna know!!!!!

oh and experts for what? I mean maybe add ton more stuff to all dungeons(make them all experts) to make them all viable again, way better than having two/three experts to do over and over and over again..

BE HONEST WITH US THAT HAVE PAID YEARS INTO THIS GAME!!! Can you do that at least and say the truth of the future of this game????? WE DESERVE MORE THAN THIS!!

I"m sorry but its true and I'm getting sick of the beating around the bush ********. Its time to lay it all out on the table and be done with it. If you keep players than fine, but BE HONEST. This is not a joke, this is/are players money and time you are taking advantage of by these half *** answers and who can blame me for being angry. I could care less about the other games under Trions/gamigo, they need to be shunned off for once, maybe realize that those other games put Rift ,THEIR NUMBER ONE GAME IN JEOPARDY!

So disgusted....ugh. I'm not gonna ask for nothing anymore because its wasted effort I think and I never thought I would get to this point of state of mind but here it is, happening.

Just to be clear, I'm not attacking anyone here, I'm simply yelling because I can. I realize that this new company just took this game over , however I think that its still bs that they can't give us any direct answers really and meanwhile the other games are getting much love and live streams, so explain this Please!!!!! Take a great game and do something with it or sell it off to someone who will, simple.
    You are wasting your time actually. Expect nothing at this point and it looks like they dont even know what they are doing or planning

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    I think people are going to have to return to reality here. Someone not too long ago did an informal population count and came to the conclusion that all NA/EU/Prime players could fit onto a single shard. It stands to reason that they will most likely drop the PvP servers and have just two live shards in each realm - one for standard and one for RP. Once they develop a way to integrate standard and RP together into one shard then there will just be one shard in each realm. I don't even think they'll try to play it down calling Shard Unification or some such and hosting a special event to go with it - I think they'll just do it and be done with it because they don't really give a rat's butt what the players think.
    Frankly, I would be surprised if more RP happens on Faeblight than PvP happens on Seastone. There's probably no need for a separate RP shard.

However, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that making Rift RP-only could give the game a new niche. Put heavy focus into the RP aspect, encourage it with contests and rewards, punish players who interfere with immersion, and so on. I can count on one hand the number of times I saw or participated in RP during my years of playing WoW, and RP in Star Trek Online is limited to awkward conversations at bars in seedy space stations. Bringing the RP back to MMORPG could give Rift the unique value it currently lacks after "we're not in Azeroth anymore" fell flat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    However, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that making Rift RP-only could give the game a new niche.
    The last RP shard on EU was closed years ago, and I know that this actually drove away people from the game (since they conceived the normal shards as cesspools where you're faced with any sort of offensive names, toxic behaviour, and the like).

And seeing how rather RP related stuff (player housing, wardrobe, collections) are the remaining points where Rift still shines these days, the above idea might even be working.

BMX
    Rift Master

MissGreen,

The Liar streams were nothing but another opportunity for the Watercooler Club to hide in their private Clique room and candy coat "Chapter 7 and How to Successfully Tank a Company".
    Banned

Rift Disciple

It's good to hear something however open ended. I am expecting that Prime will go for sure.

For myself and my guild mates, we could really do with more content having been out of stuff to do for quite some time. We have four groups on ftp and one on Prime but by the time we have done everything four or five times, we are bored. It's unfortunate that new content has been vaporised. Our biggest excitement on ftp now is mopping up achievements like kill 1000 goblins! You can't imagine the thrill!

Ah well, what can't be cured must be endured - unless there is a strong and vibrant game somewhere. I am even looking back at EQII which I haven't played since I joined Rift at the point where SOE was sold off. Just trying to get contact with all my alts - of which there were many!
    Last edited by Beraps; 12-27-2018 at 08:05 AM.

It looks like Trion load the Gun to Kill Rift and now Gamigo pulls the Trigger.
    There comes no new Content, and the only good things like Shard hopping, they want to finish.
    I play Rift since the beginning as a Patron, but in the last time i see thats better to look for another Game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast