+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - Dev Team Update 11/30

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT Team Letter - Dev Team Update 11/30

Greetings Ascended,

As we mentioned in our previous Team Letter, the gamigo transition has brought up a number of changes in RIFT’s organization. We are still in the process of establishing a variety of new processes and finalizing structural changes to help us streamline things moving forward.

We hear your concerns regarding the impact this transition is having on the RIFT development team, so we wanted to discuss those with you all.

As many of you are aware, the RIFT development team has been reduced following the recent acquisition. Unfortunately, some familiar faces no longer work with us. For the time being we’re going to move forward with development using the smaller team, but will be open to expanding the team in the future.

With that said, we wanted to reaffirm that we're still dedicated to continuing development on RIFT. For instance, we are already hard at work to bring you the Fae Yule content for the end of the year!

All we ask of you now, is to remain patient as you already have proven to be thus far.

Once again, we thank you for your incredible support! We couldn’t have asked for a better community of players and we can’t wait to show you what the year 2019 has in store for RIFT!

Sincerely,
    The Rift Team

Glad to hear far yule is coming back and development will continue. My wife and I will be happy to re-up our patron when a new raid is released.
    Last edited by Skiye; 11-30-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more substantial news in the future. I'm hoping the game (and cash shop) as is right now gets some much needed revamping and fixing in numerous areas before talking too much about content updates - because these are the things keeping other players from playing or returning to RIFT (speaking from experience being a former member of that "community"). And more than that I'm really hoping you guys pump some time and money into marketing. The game is still a quality themepark that provides a much needed and fun WoW/FFXIV alternative to people. We really need a healthy, busier playerbase again so I hope you guys make an effort to do that and to keep them.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 11-30-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Happy to hear

So happy to hear that there are plans to continue moving forward. Hopefully with new content as well as continuing old favorites? Speaking of old favorites, do we have an ETA on the start of Fae Yule and will there be anything new added to it this year?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more substantial news in the future. I'm hoping the game (and cash shop) as is gets some much needed revamping and fixing in numerous areas. And more than that I'm really hoping you guys pump some time and money into marketing. The game is still a quality themepark that provides a much needed and fun WoW/FFXIV alternative to people. We really need a healthy, busier playerbase again so I hope you guys make an effort to do that and to keep them.
    Agreed. And watching with a spark of hope.

Default more feedback plz?

It is nice to see another post from the team - however - I have to say I'm quiet upset at the continued lack of communication with the community. This "letter" is just another set of general "we are working on it" that we have already read several times the past two months. It would be nice to get more solid, detailed feedback rather than rehashing what has already been said.

I am quiet excited to see what the new ownership will bring for this game - but very disappointed with how the transition has been handled. I know that there are things you cannot say to the community just yet but blanket statements are not going to help anyone.

I do hope that with the first real holiday event (fae yule), you'll take it as a spring board to show the community that you are listening by providing some new items/content while keeping with the spirit of tradition.

Best of luck to you, new rift team.

So... are we to understand that the Rift team is going to continue to be smaller than the one that already couldn't produce content at a quick enough pace or at a good enough quality?
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    With that said, we wanted to reaffirm that we're still dedicated to continuing development on RIFT. For instance, we are already hard at work to bring you the Fae Yule content for the end of the year!
    How is that hard work? Isn't it just the same old event that has been running for years, with minor adjustments?

we can’t wait to show you what the year 2019 has in store for RIFT!
    And we can't wait to see it. Please show us what 2019 has in store for RIFT, before 2019 actually hits us. Tell us your actual PLANS, tell us what you are actually working on that will make a difference between 2017, 2018 and 2019. Tell us which content the old team was working on that will make it to Live. Tell us if Prime is being shut down. TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON, instead of this nonsense that is literally announcing that you have nothing to announce yet and we should have patience while we wait for more information about what you cannot tell us just yet.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 11-30-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Not the Tidbitz I was expecting(pun intended), but a few key things to note:

- Fae yule is being worked on. That's good news and something we already heard through the grapevine, but the question is will there be new items introduced with Fae Yule this year or will it just mainly be the same stuff as last year?

- One of the hopes early on is that there would be an opportunity to re-hire some of the people who were let go, especially key people in key roles that were essential to Rifts development being continued. I suppose it's a good thing that you guys are open to expanding the team in the future if things go well, but it seems counter productive to let go of those key people that had more experience with not only the game, but its systems than anyone currently still in house.

- On that note:
    As many of you are aware, the RIFT development team has been reduced following the recent acquisition. Unfortunately, some familiar faces no longer work with us.
    We know a lot of people, especially familiar faces (Certainly all of the ones we knew on Rift) were let go, but it would be nice to get some confirmation of the people who were re-hired shortly after. You guys may not agree internally, but it would give a lot of people a lot more reassurance if they knew about any senior developers, especially any that worked on Rift in the past are still around and maybe currently working on it again now. As far we know (from our perspective), it's an unknown ghost team.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-30-2018 at 04:18 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Soulwalker

Default patience for free?

"Greetings Ascended,

All we ask of you now, is to remain patient as you already have proven to be thus far."

Actually most of our guild on Rift:Prime is wondering, what they shall pay for. Of more than 20 there are just about 5 or 6 still online, while others search and try other games. To be honest, wait another 2 weeks and population on Prime will be lost - primarily NOT for live-server.

Its not been the players' decision to change the staff. But we are the ones that pay for it.
    I think there has to be more than "stay patient" while taking the money from the players as if it was the same developing game we got used to.

Again: get to results...stop talking about the work you are doing. Finish it to some results! And do it quick, please
    Last edited by Scientox; 11-30-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Sword of Telara

Good luck.

Plane Walker

Clerics were basically "deleted." No one wanted to fix them. Very highly restricted DPS with low mobility, harsh resource management, lowest dps, having to melee to cleave in range specs And some of the worse RNG dps and longest build ups of all the classes to get into burst. Worse playability with the worse dps. Then you have their highly and grossly underpowered healing souls... especially compared to other classes and especially in PvP. The only good thing about cleric is their boring playstyle as a tank and only really it is because they have overpowered threat generation and an in battle rez which is nowhere worth a trade off for all the problems they have with every other role.. They can solo heal content that is 2 years old but so could many others.

Worse secondary support healer, worse dps, worse cleave from range, worse playstyle with restrictive movement and turret base spec. Honestly, if you want to grow your playerbase you may want to fix that class as most of the people I know that mained cleric either rerolled or left Rift.. I would say a good 20% of the playerbase left when cleric was designed to fail at competing at every raid released in the expansion. You lost the many couples that played cleric healer plus dps. I don't know what vendetta those past devs had on that class but it was obvious they ruined that class and this is the price they face for failing to take care of a driving community. Clerics are usually more of the class that will stay and keep helping the community.. Many of them guild leaders and tanks and you can see it in every outlet with clerics making videos of tanking bosses in Raids and writing extensive guides. The last devs destroyed a vital community and they basicallly sabotaged their game making it fail in the end.... it was both masochistic and sadistic at the same time..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 11-30-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Greetings Ascended,

As we mentioned in our previous Team Letter, the gamigo transition has brought up a number of changes in RIFT’s organization. We are still in the process of establishing a variety of new processes and finalizing structural changes to help us streamline things moving forward.

We hear your concerns regarding the impact this transition is having on the RIFT development team, so we wanted to discuss those with you all.

As many of you are aware, the RIFT development team has been reduced following the recent acquisition. Unfortunately, some familiar faces no longer work with us. For the time being we’re going to move forward with development using the smaller team, but will be open to expanding the team in the future.

All we ask of you now, is to remain patient as you already have proven to be thus far.

Once again, we thank you for your incredible support! We couldn’t have asked for a better community of players and we can’t wait to show you what the year 2019 has in store for RIFT!

Sincerely,
    The Rift Team
    Thanks for the update.

Actually have a thought to see if this might fly and show goodwill towards the Rift community. So, a lot of people seem to be on the bubble about whether or not to keep Patron status, so it might be a good faith gesture to possibly reduce the cost of patron status for the next couple of months.

How does that sound?

Always possible to hope for something nice especially during the holiday season!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

we are already hard at work to bring you the Fae Yule content for the end of the year!
    How hard is it to add half a dozen reskinned premium items and turn the event on?

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to more substantial news in the future. I'm hoping the game (and cash shop) as is right now gets some much needed revamping and fixing in numerous areas before talking too much about content updates - because these are the things keeping other players from playing or returning to RIFT (speaking from experience being a former member of that "community"). And more than that I'm really hoping you guys pump some time and money into marketing. The game is still a quality themepark that provides a much needed and fun WoW/FFXIV alternative to people. We really need a healthy, busier playerbase again so I hope you guys make an effort to do that and to keep them.
    This!!! I agree 100%.

I am happy to hear that fae yule will be returning as well. I realize you guys are busy getting things orderly and am looking forward to seeing what the new year brings. As I said before once you guys have everything sorted PLEASE advertise for Rift!

I will say this, I went back to WoW and while it was fun and all, it just didn't feel like home to me. Also it helped me be able to see exactly why I love Rift, so many reasons but the number one reason is the incredible detail Rift has compared to most games. I think leaving the game and coming back to it made me appreciate it more. It truly is a gem in the mmorpg world. I hope it sticks around for many more years to come.

For the dev team- One thing that you guys could do to satisfy us players and soothe our minds is to have a live stream. Maybe just introduce yourselves and talk about some ideas or heck even ask us for some ideas on there. I think for myself this would help me have more hope for the future of Rift. I think that with an even smaller team the focus absolutely needs to be directed from and to the player base and our needs. So perhaps take a set of ideas the team has and before working on them (assuming any real development wont come till after the holidays which is fine) and do a live steam and ask us what we would like to see or run a poll first. This way we are all on the same page for the most part and alleviate any fears or wrong direction/focus of the team. I think this is where Trion went wrong. Please Gamigo do not recreate the past and do learn from mistakes that other's have made.

This is all I ask from the new team and company at this point because when its all said and done I'm happy Rift will go on but how long is determined by YOU. Good Luck Team.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast