+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree142Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - Dev Team Update 11/30

As far as what has and hasn't been P2W on the store over the years: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...p-improve.html

When it comes to people "flocking" to Prime, there's really 3 main reasons, one of which was mentioned above:

1. Lots of people were between the expansion on WoW and a lot of them came over to check it out. This also included a lot of flavor of the month streamers.

2. The founders packs or whatever they were called came with 3 patron passes that you could give away. Many people didn't want to actually pay for prime, but did because they got free passes from someone that they knew.

3. Again, as mentioned, the vast majority of raiders were already patrons before Prime ever hit and with nothing to do on live besides the same raid for over a year, they moved to Prime in the meantime. If there was actual stuff to do on live during those months, it probably wouldn't have been as full as it even was.

The very second BFA beta became available / launched and the free passes started running out, the vast majority of those people that came in vanished. The added downtime between fixing all of the issues that popped up on primes release (partly due to using a copy of live which had pre-existing problems) only drove even more people away. The people that genuinely cared about and wanted a subbed version of Rift were a subset of a subset of people. They reduced the store as an added bonus.

That all being said, I don't think prime should be completely scrapped as long as there's enough interest and as long as they keep unlocking content and expansions at the pace it was starting to pick up on prior to the acquisition. Prime allowed them to take another look at the game as a whole and starting making improvements overall. Revamping the calendar was a first step, overhauling the live store (over time) was next on their last. Finding easier ways to calculate and rescale balance/raids was also something that would've eventually benefited live in the future. As it currently stands though, the acquisition and transition (internally) has brought just about everything to a grinding halt and there's not much communication from the actual development team besides what they actually feel like answering when Tidbitz asks around.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

lol... really? I didn't read anything new or reassuring in this short team note, nothing other than the usual "we're still settling down", "we're working hard around the clock", "we're committed and excited"... no concrete information whatsoever, no names, timeframes, benchmarks, anything.

and oh yes, al efforts now going into bringing "back" amazing fae yule seasonal event... lol.
    Come on.

I love it how players waiting for something minimally decent to happen to their beloved game are now speculating which CM will be on which game, or whether one will be on both games, or perhaps Rift will have a dedicated CM, or maybe... heck, let's just delve into the CMs' music taste and then discuss whether a young CM can also have an authentic taste of 80s music, and so on and so forth... reading such threads I felt like being in one of those bizarre Black Mirror episodes where reality has been twisted beyond the point of awareness.

Sorry for another ranting post but I really can't help it. I'm happy in another game and quite busy irl but I still think of Rift now and then and pop back in once in a blue moon to see if something good is actually finally going to happen for this unforgettable, unforgettably neglected game. guess I'll check back sometime next year... hopefully "transitioning" will have advanced, somewhat, by then.

I miss you, Rift.
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    That all being said, I don't think prime should be completely scrapped as long as there's enough interest and as long as they keep unlocking content and expansions at the pace it was starting to pick up on prior to the acquisition. Prime allowed them to take another look at the game as a whole and starting making improvements overall. Revamping the calendar was a first step, overhauling the live store (over time) was next on their last. Finding easier ways to calculate and rescale balance/raids was also something that would've eventually benefited live in the future. As it currently stands though, the acquisition and transition (internally) has brought just about everything to a grinding halt and there's not much communication from the actual development team besides what they actually feel like answering when Tidbitz asks around.
    Frankly, if Prime has a dedicated team and Live has its dedicated team, we could have had content delivered over the last year+. Since they were unable to care properly for Live at the time Prime was being brought forward, the community got hosed hard.

Sure, peeps went and tried it while they were patron and some put up sub to have a go of it. It did in fact divide the community at the wholesale level due to Live being utterly forgotten by Archonix and the devs.
    Banned

Plane Touched

I think Store is the keyword in this case.
    Last edited by Harski; 12-08-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Having a smaller team is peculiar. I'll remain optimistic though. I liked the game a lot but the population went waay down after some time and that's the main reason why I left. I also didn't like the cash shop. I would have liked it more to have most of those items as drops in game or quest rewards. BTW, the prime server felt like a cash grab and I hope you can make it ftp like the other servers.

I also didn't like the cash shop. I would have liked it more to have most of those items as drops in game or quest rewards. BTW, the prime server felt like a cash grab and I hope you can make it ftp like the other servers.
    All the items necessary drop in game already if one works for them. Sure there are fluff items in the cash shop, but relevant items relating to game play are obtainable in game.
    If there was no cash shop the game couldn't exist, revenue has to come from somewhere. Sure... some of us don't care for the F2P cash shop model, which is the entire point of Prime being Pay-to-Play.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

I think it was a mistake to even make Prime, it was a waste of effort and it split the players and thin out both sides. Rehashing old content is a cheesy way to keep people playing, its just the same old grind. Trion should have focus all that effort to developing new content on live, had they did that, Rift would be still be live!

Soulwalker

Default Gamigo

The Gamigo gaming pages still do not mention Rift, Archeage, Trove or any other games they got from this purchase. However, the CORPORATE pages list the "Winterfest" activities of all the games, starting with Archeage at this link:

https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/pres...r-in-14-games/

Soulwalker

Default Customer Service

As I understand it Gamigo (because of the drastic reduction in staff) does not do any Customer Service to speak of. I have been trying to add a new credit card on my account with no luck. I want to buy some things and cannot do so. I have asked for assistance for a couple of weeks now and get no response. I know this may seem minor to Gamigo but I believe this type of thing should be a priority. I know things are in transition but I WANT TO GIVE YOU SOME MONEY. I thought surely I would at least get an answer and that this should be an easy fix, just switch Babk Accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrixs View Post
    I think it was a mistake to even make Prime, it was a waste of effort and it split the players and thin out both sides. Rehashing old content is a cheesy way to keep people playing, its just the same old grind. Trion should have focus all that effort to developing new content on live, had they did that, Rift would be still be live!
    I honestly think they believed that by making Prime they could bring in the hoards of players they had when Rift was new and thus save the empire. Rift funded all these other games...in the end it was the 'old' Rift that got the death nail. Does not seem fitting, yet I can not blame them for trying to save it all by the last ditch effort, 'Prime'. I do however blame them for many things before Prime. This all could have been prevented had they listened to the player base for the past two plus years. The players raised their voices over a lot of things on this forum, and the powers that be, ignored them. Totally.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tarindil View Post
    I honestly think they believed that by making Prime they could bring in the hoards of players they had when Rift was new and thus save the empire. Rift funded all these other games...in the end it was the 'old' Rift that got the death nail. Does not seem fitting, yet I can not blame them for trying to save it all by the last ditch effort, 'Prime'. I do however blame them for many things before Prime. This all could have been prevented had they listened to the player base for the past two plus years. The players raised their voices over a lot of things on this forum, and the powers that be, ignored them. Totally.
    I also think that's why they came up with Prime. It backfired because the team was too small to support both Prime and Live. It also simply didn't work due to the fact that you had to pay to play Prime, which destroys the whole idea of letting new players find out what Rift was/is all about. This also made it feel a bit like a final cash grab. Man Trion was so F stupid.

Seeing how the team is even smaller now, Prime is a turd that needs to die ASAP. It can no longer be supported and damages Live further. It's also just a totally unnecessary addition.

The folks at Gamigo need to realize how great Rift really is! I used to play WoW and I still think that Rift even its current state destroys it. I mean people always come back to WoW due to old habits but let's be real. Everything in Rift is just way more advanced man. The AH, the LFG/LFR, the ability to mentor down and even up, the simple fact that it looks way better, the soul tree system, the list goes on and on - this is still a highly advanced game. I still haven't seen any other one with such a complete set of features.

And then there's the way more diverse set of things you can do... So much more than just questing, running dungeons and raiding. So many other ways to level... Zone events, World events, Instant Adventures and Intrepid Adventures, Planar Assaults, Rifts in so many variations (normal ones in six elements and Hunt Rifts, Nightmare Rifts, Crafting Rifts, Raid Rifts etc!), Chronicles (where else have you ever found entire raid instances tuned for solo play??? AWESOME) and more... The huge aspect of Dimensions, the ability to marry (and yes, even same sex marriage) in this game, you can do just about anthing. It's just so friggin' diverse and awesome.

Gamigo, get your head out of that ArcheAge turd which doesn't even come close and make Rift compete again. This is the one mmo that can (re)do it. You have this extremely unique and complete game already there for you. Take advantage of this golden opportunity. I don't care if it takes you another year to learn everything well enough to be able to make new raids and stuff, as long as it's gonna happen. Rift was Trions pinnacle despite no longer being their most popular game. You'd be absolute fools to let this chance go to waste.

Well. Just my two cents attempting to save my favorite of all time mmo. Peace out
    Last edited by Thontic; Today at 02:48 AM.
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 5/5 | DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4 | ID 7/7 | PF 5/5 | IDH 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | GA 4/4 | PB 5/5 | IG 3/3 | BoB 4/4 | RoF 4/4 | MS 5/5 | TF 3/3 | RtHK 11/11 | IGP 4/4 | MoM 9/9 | CoA 6/6 | QF 1/1 | TD 4/4 | IRotP 4/4 | BoS 1/3

Default Bratty Children

TRION spent years making every possible wrong decision, resulting in running RIFT into the ground to the point the population dwindled to a minuscule fraction of what it once was, all the while white knights sang the praises of TRION. TRION went a year without any new content for Live. For the two months since gamigo acquired RIFT people continue to demand a schedule for new content.

Give gamigo time to sort out the mess made by TRION. People gave TRION a half decade of broken grindy content and a full year of no content, thus, there's no reason to not give gamigo that same timeframe for new content and a chance to create functional fun content.

People hissing and spitting demanding information from gamigo come across as self-entitled pearl clutching loons. TRION went bankrupt and didn't give anyone notice.

Sit back, play RIFT or not but stop stomping your feet and whining like a bunch of brats.

My opinion: gamigo acquiring RIFT is probably the best thing to happen to RIFT in years. The only false step gamigo may have committed is keeping on any of TRION's original management. As for the "sacred devs" everyone keeps championing, that lot did a bloody fine job of producing bug infested content with soul-sapping RNG for tertiary stats/fragments and gear. Perhaps, gamigo can hire devs who can write code that actually works and create content that is actually fun and rewarding.
    Last edited by Zyanya; Today at 10:05 AM.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5