+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - Dev Team Update 11/30

Xly
    Plane Touched

Why does it feel like this after a "Team Letter"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds

Soulwalker

Very simply: Rift is absolutely capable of competing with major players on the MMO market. That said, it will need some SERIOUS love and then some serious marketing. Some simple steps: 1/ listen to your players. 2/ Keep it F2P, maybe charging for new xpacs or in-game vanity items. 3/ keep new content roling in - doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe a raid now and then, a new set of shinies, hidden puzzles/chests, etc.

Fia

What a shame, I was waiting for new content to finally arrive, haven't been actively playing the game for almost 1,5 years now, sad to see the game go like this. :/

I hope the Gamigo transition will be over soon and I really hope Gamigo will give this game a lot of love, but I seriously doubt it, nowadays it's all and only about the money. :/
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobottle View Post
    Very simply: Rift is absolutely capable of competing with major players on the MMO market. That said, it will need some SERIOUS love and then some serious marketing. Some simple steps: 1/ listen to your players. 2/ Keep it F2P, maybe charging for new xpacs or in-game vanity items. 3/ keep new content roling in - doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe a raid now and then, a new set of shinies, hidden puzzles/chests, etc.
    Ftp is what killed it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Glad to hear far yule is coming back...
    Holiday mock material is not development content, and I don't want to see it. If I start seeing fake xmas trees suddenly appear everywhere, I will be taking a break accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Clerics were basically "deleted." No one wanted to fix them. Very highly restricted DPS with low mobility, harsh resource management, lowest dps, having to melee to cleave in range specs And some of the worse RNG dps and longest build ups of all the classes to get into burst. Worse playability with the worse dps. Then you have their highly and grossly underpowered healing souls... especially compared to other classes and especially in PvP. The only good thing about cleric is their boring playstyle as a tank and only really it is because they have overpowered threat generation and an in battle rez which is nowhere worth a trade off for all the problems they have with every other role.. They can solo heal content that is 2 years old but so could many others.

Worse secondary support healer, worse dps, worse cleave from range, worse playstyle with restrictive movement and turret base spec. Honestly, if you want to grow your playerbase you may want to fix that class as most of the people I know that mained cleric either rerolled or left Rift.. I would say a good 20% of the playerbase left when cleric was designed to fail at competing at every raid released in the expansion. You lost the many couples that played cleric healer plus dps. I don't know what vendetta those past devs had on that class but it was obvious they ruined that class and this is the price they face for failing to take care of a driving community. Clerics are usually more of the class that will stay and keep helping the community.. Many of them guild leaders and tanks and you can see it in every outlet with clerics making videos of tanking bosses in Raids and writing extensive guides. The last devs destroyed a vital community and they basicallly sabotaged their game making it fail in the end.... it was both masochistic and sadistic at the same time..
    -----
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dizbo; 12-02-2018 at 02:48 AM.

This letter convince me to cancel my subscription to Rift.

I won't play Rift (except for dimensions) until you give us real new content.

With this letter, nothing was annonced. I have the feeling we don't have any new extension for rift until too many months.

More than a year after the last content update, you annonced the rift team was reduced... So how could you create content after firing so many dev?
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Soulwalker

Cool thaaanks!!!

Soulwalker

Default You asked for Patience!

Do you guys know how many people left Prime? The latest update we got since the acquisition is "Yule Tide content is coming" is the best update you got? Don't you think we deserve far better than this?

As you guys pull things together in RIFT to better manage it, you have forgotten to keep your patrons updated. People are leaving while you guys keep asking for more patience.

I should know, I made a mistake of renewing my subscription for another 6 months on the assumption that things will be better than before and fast....I am dead wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Oshimaru View Post
    Do you guys know how many people left Prime? The latest update we got since the acquisition is "Yule Tide content is coming" is the best update you got? Don't you think we deserve far better than this?

As you guys pull things together in RIFT to better manage it, you have forgotten to keep your patrons updated. People are leaving while you guys keep asking for more patience.

I should know, I made a mistake of renewing my subscription for another 6 months on the assumption that things will be better than before and fast....I am dead wrong....
    Sorry but you don't deserve anything. Should have realised what was what 6 months ago.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

Hey guys,

old player back again just finished leveling through the water world, not the best experience ever, but I made it. Now in the new level 65-70 zone, already liking it a lot.

Honestly back in Greenscale days rift was amazing and I played it every day. If Gamigo can bring that nostalgia feeling back, I could not care what they sell in the shop. Remember the shop is optional to support the developers. So if you like the game, then support the developers.

Cheers

BK

A good first step to convincing people you actually have devs assigned to this product might be to update the news items in the launcher that are telling me to get ready for Autumn Harvest.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Sorry but you don't deserve anything. Should have realised what was what 6 months ago.
    Something is telling me you are not a patron.

Soulwalker

Default daily quest

Are they doing anything to grant access to the Dendrome on prime? If not can they please remove them from the daily pvp quest so we can at least do the ones from Stepps.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    6 months ago was just fine on Prime. I can see why the poster you rudely answered extended their patron. In fact a couple people in the guild I was in did as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast