+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: CM Tidbitz here!

Rift Disciple

Default Hello and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidbitz View Post
    How long until Rift is shut down? A lot of us have Patron status that is running out of time and we're waiting for any sign of life to re-sub. The sale of Trion has pretty much killed Rift Prime, the progression server.

I do not have answers for these points sadly but if i ever get some information on any topic i'll inform the community.
    This might just a poor choice of wording on your part but it seems like your employer is not going to be open and honest with you (and us) on this topic. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Fire Serpent; 11-21-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Welcome to the Rift Community, Tidbitz! We look forward to getting to know you, and hope to hear some encouraging news about the future of Rift.

Thank you for jumping in and introducing yourself.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Soulwalker

Welcome Tidbitz
    May your adventures in Rift take you on a grand journey
    Hope to see you ingame

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidbitz View Post
    Hello everyone!

I am Tidbitz, your new Community Manager.

I apologize for the delayed communication but you finally get your own CM!
    I'll be another point of contact between the team and you all. Since i'll take care of the forums among other tasks, I wanted to introduce myself to you all.
    Before we go on, please know that i just started checking Rift and its secrets. So please bear with me until i catch up to you all. Rest assured that i am quite the fast learner when it comes to video games and i'm certain i'll be up to speed in no time.

Few words about me:
    • I play games on almost all platforms and from a variety of genres but i love me some console adventure games or PC shooters.
    • Sounds cliche but i love music! My song haven is: Gorillaz, Jamiroquai and Childish Gambino.
    • Movies are great but nothing beats the 80's classics.
    • DnD is a guilty pleasure and i rarely but greatly enjoy it.
    • I speak english, french and spanish but i prefer to stick with english.
    • I'm 27 but look (way too) younger.

Some of you may have already noticed that I also work on Defiance 2050. I hope to meet your expectation and count on your help and guidance to show me the tips and tricks around here.

With that said, if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers,
    Tidbitz
    awesome!!! we are all hi fiving eachother in game !!! Welcome to the semi bipolar community lol...I'm talking about myself! I would like to know your background on games if that is okay with you? I mean your experience on working with games. Nice name drops also and I love the 1980's as well as well the music you addressed. I hope you truly see the game as we all do with so much potential. I think that to be honest this game is just waiting for someone to take it on and move it the next level of development the next lvl of what this game can be. I'm sure that we would all agree here that we truly need a CM to communicate to your team all our ideas and thoughts on how things are and have been. however, I think starting small is a good idea. I truly don't want to overwhelm anyone here and I think again starting small is the way to go.

One thing I do request is look at how Daybreak keeps Everquest 2 alive. The reason I bring this up is very important. The game has been going on for years almost 14 years so when they took over SOE, they didn't get it right at first but they are doing something right in order to keep the game alive. I think all these major games have one thing in common and that is stability. If you guys can maintain this , we are looking at years of game play.

I welcome you to Rift! I think also try the game out and see the beauty of it and see why people are die hard fans here. Welcome to one of the best dedicated communities I've ever seen in any game. there is love here even though it may not seem so. <3

Ps. Jamiroquai - traveling without moving was the best. Also Deltron 3030 made a huge contribution to what would become the Gorillas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7FxVSDLonY
    Last edited by MissGreen; 11-22-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Welcome glad you made it now to cover you in a protective layer of goo.
    <3 your mind kit!!!

Raynastar@faeblight
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Default Hey all, welcome tidbits!

I love rift since 2013 when I joined...

Rift needs

1: CLASS BALANCE, UP CLERICS AND MAGES A BIT

2: UP EXP GAINS FOR LOW LVL WARFRONTS SO MORE PPL QUEUE INSTEAD OF LAZY INSTANT ADVENTURES! ADD PVP FRAGMENT BOXES TO A VENDOR/SHOP FOR MAYBE 50K FAVOR, DROP RATE OF USEFUL PVP FRAGMENTS IS WAY TOO LOW IT TAKES AGES FOR NEWCOMERS TO EVEN JUST HAVE PVP FRAGMENTS: WE DONT NEED TANK STATS ON 75% OF THE DROPPED PVP FRAGMENTS!

3 MAYBE MOST IMPORTANT: GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO SO FOLKS HAVE A REASON NOT TO DIE FROM BOREDOM! MANY FOLKS WANT COMPETITION WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO MAKE IT SKIPABLE WITH PAY TO WIN! ITS A BUMMER TO MANY DEDICATED SERIOUS PLAYERS!

GAME IS NICE BUT STILL HAS SO MUCH UNUSED POTENTIAL

NOW GET ME BACK IN FRONT OF MY CRANKED UP STEREO TO PRESS ./DANCE
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood

Prime: Milesdavis Augtellez

BMX
    Rift Master

Something that gets left out way too much...

Soul system scaling. This has been an epic fail since NT hit Telara.
    There had been a reason for the souls and the options to hybrid or go with a single soul with a couple points in an off soul or two. The foundation of RIFT was build the way you want. We made it through Vanilla and SL just fine this way. When that was going away, so were far too many players.

Frankly, Prime (Intrepid Rift) was a loss of dev time for Live which utterly gutted it worse than 4.x had. Prime was a bastardization of Vanilla and nothing more. Anyone wanting to play Vanilla could have done it free by starting a new toon. How many paid into Patron only for Prime?
    Banned

Soulwalker Envoy Of The Shadow King's Avatar

A warm welcome to you CM Tidbitz from me Envoy of the Shadow King and all people that like, love and enjoy playing rift in the past, in the now and hopefully in the future still.

This game has a lot of work for you to keep bussy so if they just make you CM of 2 games max hopefully you won't get overworked and with other CM's joining even have breathing room plenty left.

Use Discord plenty pretty plz, like they say people on it love hearing voices over hearing silence.

Same go's for the forums of games we love hearing silly things over complete silence even!

Soulwalker

Default Welcome :)

I hope you are able to provide answers for us, especially the question about when/IF Rift will be shut down so those inferring it will can move tf on elsewhere.

Telaran

Hello Tidbitz and welcome to the community! I have a couple of questions regarding dimensions. First, will there be a 'team' that will be assigned to the dimension area of the game? (new dimension items, new keys, cost reductions of items, boxes...etc) and will there be any changes to dimensions in the future? meaning, will we still be able to build and enjoy them? I understand it may not be a priority as far as game updates or future gameplay go, but I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys that aspect of Rift and would like to see it stay around for a long time!
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

Default Welcome!

Great to hear from you along with the promise of new momentumn.

Here is a link to the Gone Fishin' guild: https://discord.gg/qr8gbAu
    Just a casual guild on Faeblight.

Here is a link to Faeblight United: https://discord.gg/wm57pqy
    Dedicated to RP, Stories, and Events for anyone in Telara. https://faeblightunited.enjin.com/
    We have a nice event calendar to help promote and sponsor activity.

Feel free to join or check either of them out. All of our members are huge RIFT fans looking forward to the future.

Soulwalker

Default Trolls

A major step in the right direction would be monitoring crossevents chat and moderating the trolls that seem to take great joy in pestering everyone.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #43

Think you meant you love 80's music as well.
    Of course I do! I love me some Rush, Tears for Fears, Genesis, Def Leppard, Journey, They Might Be Giants, Ah-Ha and so many more i can't think of right now!
    Just to give you an idea, Ernest Cline's book "Ready Player One" was a blast to read through (as well as far superior to the later Movie adaptation) and i would recommend it to any 80's pop culture enthusiast.

Now can you please kick the cs team into gear
    I already noted several reports on that topic. I am investigating and checking what's happening on the CS side. Please remain patient until i find out more about it and give you all an update.

As you have just started playing, what are you currently doing? Which class(es) and specs have you been fooling around with?
    Right now i'm trying them all out and on different servers. I'm not set just yet on a specific shard and class. But knowing my past experiences in MMOs, i'll most likely settle for rogue and cleric

Do you guys still plan to maintain and update/bug fix Rift and keep it going?
    To my knowledge there is still plans to bring content and updates on Rift in the future. Once I learn more about details i'll be sure to share them as soon as possible so stay tuned!

I would like to know your background on games if that is okay with you? I mean your experience on working with games.
    This isn't my first rodeo drive. I have been Game Master and Community Manager on 2 other games before. All shooter-like genre i'll admit but the skills i got definitely apply here as well! I am used and comfortable with speaking to gaming communities, reporting bugs and issues, testing upcoming content, moderation and generally speaking, how F2P games operate (talking with dev team, content updates, potential issues, etc...).
    I hope this can reassure you even just a bit as to my set of skills. PS: I counter with Jamiroquai's 2002 Live concert in Verona and more specifically the "Main Vein" song! You can thank me later.

As for the other changes, fixes and update requests, please understand that i'll have to look more carefully to the top priority ones, compile them and report them accordingly. This will not only take a bit more time, but i also want to stress out that it does not imply said changes/fixes will be applied. I will merely evaluate consensus/shared opinions and suggestions to the team in charge of them.
    Last edited by Tidbitz; 11-23-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Just have to add this wonderful gem from the 80's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahr4KFl79WI

Shadowlander

Default Recent Update?

CM Tidbitz:
    Today, we had an update to download for Rift. The accompanying patch note link displayed here; http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367690 does not inspire confidence. Why didn't you or someone else, take the time to make a post about the update? Using an old (11-6) post doesn't seem appropriate or inspiring. Just saying. V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast