+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree474Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I'm only going to say address this once, blah blah blah
    Who are you exactly? Someone important?

Who cares?

You're not my real dad!

ps. I'm also all for making a new Creator program eventually, remove Trion's old Rift Community titles, Fan Site titles, etc. Some of these people are the most toxic, arrogant, pompous, self-entitled schmucks on these forums.

Start with a clean slate.
    Last edited by HuntingWabbits; 11-10-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    a friendly dragon of old.
    be vewwy, vewwy quiet. Hunting Wabbits!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingWabbits View Post

Who cares?

You're not my real dad!

ps. I'm also all for making a new Creator program eventually, remove Trion's old Rift Community titles, Fan Site titles, etc. Some of these people are the most toxic, arrogant, pompous, self-entitled schmucks on these forums.

Start with a clean slate.
    Big Like.

Lets remove toxicity
    Anksata@zaviel - Last Dawn
    Rift Over!

I'd like to be optimistic, but when we can't even read a bio of the new team members, or see photos of them...seems all too cloak and dagger. Damn I liked Rift. Time to find a new favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingWabbits View Post

Who cares?

You're not my real dad!

This is the cause of some of the derailing of this thread. Gamigo is unaware of some of the problems who have been present in the community. Most of the creators in the program have been great, unfortunately a small group have not. The derailing stems from those players trying to weasel their way into the good graces of Gamigo who are unaware of their past actions. Clean Slate is a great idea as long as it is not used as an excuse to absolve the actions of players who have been self-entitled/ up the Trion dev's ***** for years (not talking about you Slipmat).

Yes, the Hello! thread from Gamigo is not the appropriate place to bash other players for their past actions. However, there is merit in illuminating concerns and warning Gamigo of the things/players we, as players who have stuck it out this long, know are issues so history does not repeat itself.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Forum title that means absolutely nothing
    Exactly why it should be deleted.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Angry

It's just another "false hope" letter to string players along so the company can make a few more bucks off of them. RIP Rift and Players.
    Last edited by CopperFields; 11-10-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    "please dont listen to what some ppl say" What has happened here? Did US players had a fight?
    I am not in your Discord. It would also be very difficult for me to understand native speaker in their own usual tempo. If one choose an english Discord for informations, one should also use an german Discord or an french Discord or other languages. Donīt forget there is also an EU Community and in this sense it would be better to write informations for all. At least I appreciated the informations that Holyroller and Clowd had written here. Thank you for this
    what? im not in the US, i live and play on EU. and one of the discord servers has german and french sections and mods
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

If giving up my fansite title makes the community stronger I am more then happy to do it. The site will still be there and it is not like we don't have little tags we can make to click for our sites. I love the Rift community. Yes, I am so super sad at the loss of our devs, but I will welcome the new devs and community team with open arms. I hope in time the new teams will be able to create what makes them happy.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 11-10-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    The Heroes of Telara discord has German and French channels, and mods dedicated to each. We also have German and French translations of our rules.
    Ok, thank you. I still think it would be nice to write the informations also here, because maybe not all use Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    what? im not in the US, i live and play on EU. and one of the discord servers has german and french sections and mods
    Yes, I was never in HoT Discord because I simply didn't know about the german part there, and as I wrote before, there are maybe more who would like to read the informations.

Sometimes I even slowed down the Twitch Streams because several had spoken at once and fast. But then again I was so amused by the slow movements and grimaces that I didn't pay attention what they said. I'd really rather read the information in such cases.
    Last edited by Maelya; 11-10-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: correction

Please provide proof of all these baseless accusations that i've ever been employed/got paid/had personal contact with ANY employee of Trion and that my "job" is to derail Threads? may i point out you made the initial accusations and started it all off? Provide your proof, either put up or shut up.
    You have been banned before from moderators on MMO champion for trolling and derailing threads. And I see no difference between the way you conduct yourself on that forum vs this one. And as a regular poster on both forums that is not an issue. HOWEVER, the big difference is you had Trion's direct support here backing you up with swift forum bans of those you exchanged words with. Not to mention, the threads in question being locked and deleted. The reason given for these bans? "Direct attacks on Trion Staff" apparently which can be collaborated with other posters in the past.

Yes this does not mean with absolute certainty you have ever been directly employed by Trion. However, it has always raised questions with your ability to troll, inflame and derail while seemingly getting a free pass for it on these forums. And as long as you have the "Community Ambassador" title it will always, ALWAYS, like it or not, continue to be questioned and raised.

The Community Ambassador voting was done several years ago. While I wasn't around back then, it is safe to say that the majority of those originally involved in the selection process are long since gone. Mannerisms and those conducting themselves are always subject to changes as time passes, with some good and some bad and some just terribly bad as I've seen here.

You said it yourself that the title means absolutely nothing. But then again, you have always had the option to step down, but have chosen not to. As a regular poster you are OK in my book and should be free provide your opinion on the game like everyone else. But IMO, as Community Ambassador, you are simply just having your cake and eating it too. In that regard, I would call for the program and title to be totally removed and revamped altogether.
    Last edited by Letobrick; 11-10-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    You have been banned before from moderators on MMO champion for trolling and derailing threads. And I see no difference between the way you conduct yourself on that forum vs this one. And as a regular poster on both forums that is not an issue. HOWEVER, the big difference is you had Trion's direct support here backing you up with swift forum bans of those you exchanged words with. Not to mention, the threads in question being locked and deleted. The reason given for these bans? "Direct attacks on Trion Staff" apparently which can be collaborated with other posters in the past.

Yes this does not mean with absolute certainty you have ever been directly employed by Trion. However, it has always raised questions with your ability to troll, inflame and derail while seemingly getting a free pass for it on these forums. And as long as you have the "Community Ambassador" title it will always, ALWAYS, like it or not, continue to be questioned and raised.

The Community Ambassador voting was done several years ago. While I wasn't around back then, it is safe to say that the majority of those originally involved in the selection process are long since gone. Mannerisms and those conducting themselves are always subject to changes as time passes, with some good and some bad and some just terribly bad as I've seen here.

You said it yourself that the title means absolutely nothing. But then again, you have always had the option to step down, but have chosen not to. As a regular poster you are OK in my book and should be free provide your opinion on the game like everyone else. But IMO, as Community Ambassador, you are simply just having your cake and eating it too. In that regard, I would call for the program and title to be totally removed and revamped altogether.
    I've said this several times before, and I will say it again. Allowing Slipmat to run around with the title stapled to his name has been damaging for the game. He goes around the forums saying whatever inflammatory and toxic thing he wishes with no real repercussions.

For those of us that know the situation around the community program, we know it means jack all. For anyone that doesn't know the program (e.g. new players) and sees his behavior come to the conclusion that this kind of behavior is acceptable to the team working on Rift. That conclusion is completely reasonable given the information they have been given, and that conclusion can very easily lead someone to think that the community is an absolute cesspit. Something like that can very easily drive newer or returning players away.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I'm only going to say address this once, but this is the first chance we've had to really hear from Gamigo regardless of what anyone has taken from it individually (good or bad) so lets please not derail it by causing and stirring up old drama. Everyone wants to get some answers and give good feedback and that only becomes harder for both players and devs (especially the new ones coming on board) when they have to dig through the extra posts that aren't contributing anything genuinely constructive to it. There are plenty of other places to take your issues with other players.
    A little bit of backseat moderating, but OK.

Many people in the community think it's important, now that moderators aren't currently displaying inordinate favoritism towards those discussed, to let the new staff know about some of the context of the irritation (you'd call it "drama") here. I think it's important to have all players on a level playing field, as some players have been receiving de facto preferential treatment by the staff at Trion for years. Then they go on to represent the game and the community in a less-than-ideal light on this and other forums. It's bad for the community and it builds resentment where there doesn't have to be any.

Now that we are starting fresh, it would be lovely if the two-tiered justice system on the forums could be done away with as well.

Gamigo employees don't know about Rift's rich community background, so it's helpful to inform.

Hello and welcome AnneBonny!
    Thank you for the introduction.
    Don't let the drama discourage you from communicating with Rift folks.

And please do play and enjoy the game if you haven't yet, all the way from level 1 to 70 - it's not only a wonderful world to be in, but also a great way of understanding the issues people are and will continue to bring up. Have a wonderful time!

Arrrr,

~L
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Allowing Slipmat to run around with the title stapled to his name has been damaging for the game. He goes around the forums saying whatever inflammatory and toxic thing he wishes with no real repercussions.

Yep i'm totally to blame, i caused it all, made Trion sell to Gamigo, heck that was me on the grassy knoll, i also faked the moon landings and dress up as bigfoot now and then.

I'll happily put my posting history up against yours any day, fairly sure any CMs worth their salt starting on a new Forum can go back and review any posters posts going back weeks, months, even years, i have nothing to hide.

Yep i'm totally to blame, i caused it all, made Trion sell to Gamigo, heck that was me on the grassy knoll, i also faked the moon landings and dress up as bigfoot now and then.
    I love your responses, they're so out of touch with what's being said I have to wonder if you suffer from some form of psychosis.

I would love for you to find the post where I said you were to blame for Trion's misfortunes. You contributed to their problems for sure, but they're the ones responsible.

I'll happily put my posting history up against yours any day, fairly sure any CMs worth their salt starting on a new Forum can go back and review any posters posts going back weeks, months, even years, i have nothing to hide.
    This is the juicy bit. You have no understanding of your position in the community and it shows here.

You holding the "Community Ambassador" title on your name is an official endorsement of whoever is working on Rift. Your behavior is reflective of Rift and the standards they hold.You seem to think that your behavior has been acceptable and good for the team.

By all means though let us compare our behavior. You are in no way antagonistic, right? You are in no way toxic right? No, you never engage in that behavior. Especially when you're posting on other sites as well.

Please, I would love to hear your justifications for these behaviors. Mind you, you are suppose to be held to the standard that is befitting of someone that is a representative of Rift. Not what you personally feel like you should be held. Remember, just because you help people on the forums from time to time it isn't an excuse for acting in such manner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast