+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree474Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    please dont listen to what some ppl say and feel free to join our discord communities. the people that are running them have done tremendous work for the community and have been keep us informed before and after all the changes. Clowd and holyroller especially have done so much to keep the community up to date with all thats happening. and no, discord hasnt divided the community, its a place where new people can join and get all the whereabouts of the game they need in an instant, instead of hunting for answers in very silent forums. so ye, we dont bite, CMs are welcomed!
    "please dont listen to what some ppl say" What has happened here? Did US players had a fight?
    I am not in your Discord. It would also be very difficult for me to understand native speaker in their own usual tempo. If one choose an english Discord for informations, one should also use an german Discord or an french Discord or other languages. Donīt forget there is also an EU Community and in this sense it would be better to write informations for all. At least I appreciated the informations that Holyroller and Clowd had written here. Thank you for this
    Last edited by Maelya; 11-10-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    specially that useless "Community Ambassador" rank, those people didn't act like Community Ambassador but more like trion employee for years.

Glad to see some people are still triggered by a Forum title that means absolutely nothing, but if they continue the programme i would propose Holyroller12 in a heartbeat, guy has done more in the past few months than anyone else here to keep us updated, collating info from various sources..

Oh and btw, the Rift Community Ambassador program was player led and driven, the players nominated, proposed and voted the various "Ambassadors" in, i have no problems with them dropping/changing/renewing it, i'll still be posting the exact same way as i always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Glad to see some people are still triggered by a Forum title that means absolutely nothing, but if they continue the programme i would propose Holyroller12 in a heartbeat, guy has done more in the past few months than anyone else here to keep us updated, collating info from various sources..

Oh and btw, the Rift Community Ambassador program was player led and driven, the players nominated, proposed and voted the various "Ambassadors" in, i have no problems with them dropping/changing/renewing it, i'll still be posting the exact same way as i always have.
    Hahahaha so funny, why did this trigger you? Oh wait were you one of the 8 people who was off-site contractor worked under Brasse? Just stop being annoying and act part of community at least for a while.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-10-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

just chill out, who cares what and who has status these days. Either help with **** going on or get out. Its simple, I'm sure the players don't wanna deal with drama in between the mess already. We just want honest answers and people to get out of here that don't belong, those that claim they love the game but still stay here and give everyone a hard time, these people need to go period and also those fighting on this thread need to personal message the ones you have beef with. Aileen and Slipmat, you both should know better.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Rift Chaser

Default Welcome is welcome - even in a form letter

Hi Gamigo/Golden Gate Games- communication is key with what is left of the Rift community. We have not had that. Information meaning something is needed badly. Nice to know all the Trion titles have CMs. Looking forward to learning more about the game direction. That said- Trion seriously neglected Rift. For whatever reason (management direction, technical issues, staff issues, money woes, etc) the flagship game that launched other games was not given much attention. I know the miserable launch of SFP pretty much drove off my guild. Pardon my cynicism, but I am not really hopeful. Gamigo and Golden Gate both seem very automated and mobile leaning games. Fixing and patching is great, but smashing original content is what keeps players like me coming back for more. I will take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.

Hahahaha so funny, why did this trigger you? Oh wait were you one of the 8 people who was off-site contractor worked under Brasse? Just stop being annoying and act part of community at least for a while.

I guess the whole getting triggered part went right over your head, even assuming i was the one triggered, priceless.

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about with reference to "off-site contractors" working with Brasse? i never had any contact with Trion employees/Devs/CMs personally, not like we were on Skype 24/7 or i was stalking their Linkedin, so please enlighten me with this "contract" i had because i can assure you i never had contact with anyone in Trion outside of contacting support for Guild issues/game issues/account issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I guess the whole getting triggered part went right over your head, even assuming i was the one triggered, priceless.

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about with reference to "off-site contractors" working with Brasse? i never had any contact with Trion employees/Devs/CMs personally, not like we were on Skype 24/7 or i was stalking their Linkedin, so please enlighten me with this "contract" i had because i can assure you i never had contact with anyone in Trion outside of contacting support for Guild issues/game issues/account issues.
    Can you please not do this here? Send him a message. No one gives a **** about what is going on between you, so send him a mail please and stop hijacking this thread with both your belittle ********. Thank you.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Can you please not do this here? Send him a message. No one gives a **** about what is going on between you, so send him a mail please and stop hijacking this thread with both your belittle ********. Thank you.
    That's part of job assigned by Trion to him over years, derail all threads in any means, turn them to personal fight and while he is trolling most times old moderation squad banned many "real concerned" players for his sake. You can find many other examples on this forum.

Sad thing many people defended him (similar minded white knights) caused what disaster we have on the game right now. I also do not have any interest to talk with this living being in any particular way ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Hi Gamigo/Golden Gate Games- communication is key with what is left of the Rift community. We have not had that. Information meaning something is needed badly. Nice to know all the Trion titles have CMs. Looking forward to learning more about the game direction. That said- Trion seriously neglected Rift. For whatever reason (management direction, technical issues, staff issues, money woes, etc) the flagship game that launched other games was not given much attention. I know the miserable launch of SFP pretty much drove off my guild. Pardon my cynicism, but I am not really hopeful. Gamigo and Golden Gate both seem very automated and mobile leaning games. Fixing and patching is great, but smashing original content is what keeps players like me coming back for more. I will take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.
    Yes communication is what we lacked since dahanese and co. left the game but actual golden times of communication was when Elrar was around, I hope AnneBonney and her CM staff will follow old path used by Elrar instead of his successors. If such kind of communication done things will be start being better. Also if you plan to do livestreams like what we used to do, please do not do hosted streams ever.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-10-2018 at 01:13 AM.

That's part of job assigned by Trion to him over years, derail all threads in any means, turn them to personal fight

This will be my last post to you, my apologies to everyone else for the temporary derailing of Thread instigated by OP.

Please provide proof of all these baseless accusations that i've ever been employed/got paid/had personal contact with ANY employee of Trion and that my "job" is to derail Threads? may i point out you made the initial accusations and started it all off? Provide your proof, either put up or shut up.

Welcome! I'm excited to see what's ahead for Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    If you are planning on releasing any new content for Rift why did you fire all of the Game developers.
    Not like they were doing anything lol

Prophet of Telara

What concerns me the most on a very practical level is the lack of knowledge transfer with those Devs who were most familiar with the game engine etc. There were big issues with the Rift variant of the Gamebryo engine hitting all sorts of ceilings and I wonder how any further development of that could go. Maybe Gamigo is planning to throw it out entirely and fit in a new engine...

Welp, I guess I'll have to hold back and see. *hangs onto hat*
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    What concerns me the most on a very practical level is the lack of knowledge transfer with those Devs who were most familiar with the game engine etc.

This is also my main concern, the Gamebryo engine that runs Rift is a heavily modified version done by Trion themselves, mainly Dev Pithos i believe who handled most or a lot of the conversion to 64-bit.

Even if Gamigo got in new Devs/Engineers familiar with Gamebryo no guarantee they can reverse engineer or tweak what other Devs have done, it would be great to see them scrap it completely and move to a new Game Engine but i can't see that happening but, you never know, time to also adopt the 'wait and see' way.

I can't see anything happening this year yet, new Devs will have to familiarise themselves with all aspects of the game and we have no idea will they even continue on with the Lore, next step should be, after stopping Ahnket, either visit Plane of Air to end the Crucia story once and for all or, team up with Crucia and head to deal with the Tenebrians, this is where we're going to miss Captain Cursor big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    What concerns me the most on a very practical level is the lack of knowledge transfer with those Devs who were most familiar with the game engine etc. There were big issues with the Rift variant of the Gamebryo engine hitting all sorts of ceilings and I wonder how any further development of that could go. Maybe Gamigo is planning to throw it out entirely and fit in a new engine...

Welp, I guess I'll have to hold back and see. *hangs onto hat*
    Changing game engine isn't easy task, trion had their modified version of Gamebryo even on original launch but most issues you see today were in present of original launch too, so they hit all sorts of ceilings even on that period, yet engine they used do not get most benefits of current GPU cards you have even best GPU cards from game launch, since it's heavily depended on CPU. So Trion didn't even bother changing engine for 7 years but we get cheap multicore and 64-bit support yet main person (ZorbatHut) who was in charge of it left company with 4.0 release (he was also in charge of addon system and was lead rendering engineer of RIFT).

4.0 brought more issues after he left like character screen has high cpu usage even for a second and if you spam it or keep selecting fragments over and over, not to mention audio used for certain dungeons/chronicles kept playing even if you leave them unlike previous expansions.

Sadly expecting new engine and whole transition is not cheap which I wouldn't think will be top prio for Gamigo at all, takes so much time and needed to be done in past.

PS: Server side 64-bit issues like unit HP reaching certain limit etc, is not related with client thus not caused by Gamebryo at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    "please dont listen to what some ppl say" What has happened here? Did US players had a fight?
    I am not in your Discord. It would also be very difficult for me to understand native speaker in their own usual tempo. If one choose an english Discord for informations, one should also use an german Discord or an french Discord or other languages. Donīt forget there is also an EU Community and in this sense it would be better to write informations for all. At least I appreciated the informations that Holyroller and Clowd had written here. Thank you for this
    The Heroes of Telara discord has German and French channels, and mods dedicated to each. We also have German and French translations of our rules.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Welcome
    Welcome back Noobzilla!
    Last edited by HuntingWabbits; 11-10-2018 at 06:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast