+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Hello, and thank you for greeting the various communities!

What is the CM team's stance on Discord for community engagement? We have a fairly large Rift community discord that is very active, and we would love to welcome some of the new community team members into the discord to engage with the community further!
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

This was indeed kind of a confusing title, thanks Fasti for fixing it.

We are basically the new team in charge of communication (what a start! ). Things are still very new to us, thanks for pointing this out, we do our best to learn fast and quick.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    For sure we kept the necessary resources to ensure that there is movement within and around the games.
    What is this even supposed to mean? Perhaps this makes more sense in whatever language it was originally written in, but paying customers will expect more than "movement."

King of Slackers
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Default expansion plans?

Hi,

Just want to know plain and simple, yes or no. Will there be a new expansion with raids?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Welcome and hello to everyone!

As a Trion Creator and someone who plays all Trion/Gamigo games I am pleased the Creator program is on hold - it does not work effectively especially for Rift. I watch Twitch 4-6 hours per day on average and until recently very seldom a day would pass without lurking in Trion/Gamigo channels. The Creator program did not increase Twitch views, new content/big patches always does.

I think the Friday livestreams also became somewhat stale at least for Rift and Atlas Reactor especially without (again) new content or a large pool of content creators to share gameplay when there was no news. I am curious what your approach to this will be, will you change the Trion Worlds Twitch channel to Gamigo and will you be streaming regularly also? Will there be a new name all together for the NA offices and will it change to this? Are Gamigo interested in continuing Twitch Prime promo's, considering an official Discord channel or having a team specifically for social media? I have been watching your career pages, good luck with all candidates for Community on your side of the world! It is very nice you are extending your reach that will support our EU fam more.

Something I've been wondering for months and been meaning to ask but would you be willing to consider opening a Trello for each game like many companies are doing now including Twitch or games like Subnautica? I think this kind of approach might be something worth considering to save some worry for your community members. It might not be obvious but it is my biggest hope that you are excited to have open and frank communication with your community on all official channels.

Please keep in touch and don't be afraid to get to know everyone - ask us any questions also. This community worries a lot but there is good reasons for that, every single one of us love Rift we just don't want it to be neglected anymore

These aren't the most pressing thoughts on my mind, I have a million questions about whats going on behind the scenes and especially who is there hoping a couple of names are that are the heart and soul of Telara. I noticed Epsi was running the Trove stream last week so that's one we can know for sure but I bet its all mind boggling for y'all too so we will hear when you are ready. Just hope we don't have to wait too long for all the details. I have nothing but positive and hopeful thoughts for this new beginning hoping everyone old and new to Telara, Auroria, Trove, Atlas Reactor and Defiance land steadily on their feet soon.

All the very best to all of you and excuse me one second....

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Welcome

Holy catfish batman, hey Noob!

Welcome to RIFT!
    I do hope that you guys are taking some time to PLAY the game.
    Before you make any decisions about future content and fixes etc, you should all be at least raid ready level 70s

Also please do join the discord, even if you do so as 'silent lurkers' you will find the conversation there much more informative than anything you will find on the forums!

Champion

From my own, selfish, perspective:

I don't care if there are any new zones. My guild needs new raids to survive.

You will have to teach the producers how to write a producers letter because it's been so long since we have seen one I suspect nobody there knows how to write one.

Cladari
    Guild Leader
    Dol Amroth - Deepwood

Soulwalker

I am so excited to see that new raids are in the future and also that rift has a future .plz listen to the player base and welcome new rift team members 😀😀

Default Welcome to Rift

Welcome to rift, you are now entering the telara zone....

The community here are VERY passionate, about all sorts of things, but in recent times the biggest thing driving all of us crazy was the wall of silence...or fragmentary hints at something happening...soon....this went on so long that the whole "...soon" thing is almost at meme status.

So welcome, great to hear from new team members, I hope you are not getting too flummoxed by the stupendous range and diversity of information you are getting to deal with in your first few days and week, so to encourage you...remember that the community itself is one of the most valuable sources you have...for ideas, suggestions, but also to test your concepts with.

We (the community) like new things...we really like new things that are raids or content...so don't be afraid to let us know some rough plans..with the strong caveat attached that of course all is subject to change.

We also like livestreams and giveaways and nice things so don't be shy...we won't bite....much

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    Welcome to RIFT!
    Also please do join the discord, even if you do so as 'silent lurkers' you will find the conversation there much more informative than anything you will find on the forums!
    This is not correct, the forums are very informative also. Devs burned out using Discord and divided the community even more using it and not forums - I should know and never approved of that happening.

Let's get things back on track and encourage Gamigo to not be afraid to use their own channels and hopefully we as players have learned also and no longer want this funky vibe of who knows what first and being privvy to info while others aren't.

We won't get everything we want, we never will and being ok with that and giving Gamigo a chance to do what they can is key.

Clean slate.
    Lets go!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

please dont listen to what some ppl say and feel free to join our discord communities. the people that are running them have done tremendous work for the community and have been keep us informed before and after all the changes. Clowd and holyroller especially have done so much to keep the community up to date with all thats happening. and no, discord hasnt divided the community, its a place where new people can join and get all the whereabouts of the game they need in an instant, instead of hunting for answers in very silent forums. so ye, we dont bite, CMs are welcomed!
    Last edited by Natia; 11-09-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    please dont listen to what some ppl say and feel free to join our discord communities. the people that are running them have done tremendous work for the community and have been keep us informed before and after all the changes. Clowd and holyroller especially have done so much to keep the community up to date with all thats happening. and no, discord hasnt divided the community, its a place where new people can join and get all the whereabouts of the game they need in an instant, instead of hunting for answers in very silent forums. so ye, we dont bite, CMs are welcomed!
    Don't misconstrue my words there is no info on discord that you can't get on forums thats the point blank of it (Edit: for the CM's not the other way around.) No one said anything about anyone's efforts I do understand how much work they take to run as well as sites etc plus anyone should do what they feel like and join any discord they feel drawn to I'm saying don't let them (or anywhere unofficial) be the main/first/only place to communicate.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-09-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Greetings,

First of all, we would like to apologize for the silence lately, there were a few things we needed to figure out before jumping into the conversation. Thank you all so much for your patience!
    Welcome! While we would have preferred a word from you early on, it's understandable that you had to take some time to look at the current state of the game.

What will the future look like for the games?

Generally speaking, we can tell you that the patch schedule is likely to shift somewhat, but we will make sure that all of you can enjoy new content on a regular basis.
    I think you will find we are a very passionate bunch of players. We want to see Rift do well. We would rather see you take your time, and get things done right the 1st time than push content out.

Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.
    Communication is so important. Not just here in the forums, but in game too. There was a time when staff would jump in game, and interact with the players. Wouldn't it be great to be doing that again? Maybe hold special events where the developers could log in, and do battle with the players. I think it would be a big moral boost for both sides.

New languages available soon to support you!

Something we’re thrilled to announce is that in the coming weeks we are going to implement German and French Customer Support and Community Management.
    This is really nice to see.

Soulwalker

Default rift..live servers new content..

Greetings,

First of all, we would like to apologize for the silence lately, there were a few things we needed to figure out before jumping into the conversation. Thank you all so much for your patience!
    Of course, we know that you all have concerns and many questions. We have been silent, but we have been doing a lot of reading during this transition. Let’s start with responses for a couple of your biggest questions and concerns.

What will the future look like for the games?

We saw many questions asking about the future of these games. Those questions are largely about new content, fixes to existing bugs, and the changes to the Trion staff members. For sure we kept the necessary resources to ensure that there is movement within and around the games.
    Generally speaking, we can tell you that the patch schedule is likely to shift somewhat, but we will make sure that all of you can enjoy new content on a regular basis. Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.

Patron Status & Creator Programs

Patron Status will stay in place and we do not intend to shut it down. However, we are putting the Creator Program on hold for the time being. Effectively managing a program of that size was a huge task and we want to be sure that if we launch the program again down the road it will be a great experience for everyone. Therefore, we will revisit this in the weeks ahead and keep all of you updated on our progress. Thank you for your understanding.

New languages available soon to support you!

Something we’re thrilled to announce is that in the coming weeks we are going to implement German and French Customer Support and Community Management. You can contact all of us in English, of course, but we believe that giving you the possibility to express yourselves in your native language is always better. On the same note, we do not rule out adding additional languages down the road.

Some more surprises are coming, but we don’t want to spoil those quite yet! We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.

We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are, so please feel free to raise your concerns and suggestions, we will do our best to make this community stronger than ever!

Long story short: we are happy to be here and if you have any question, feel free to post them as a comment to this thread. Each Community Manager is going to introduce himself/herself on Monday personally.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Your Rift Community Team
    so will we see any new content for the live servers not the prime rehash...there has been nothing new for what two years maybe....or maybe a bit less...the game is dying...it needs a overhaul in a major way...class balance..new content...redoing the pay to win cash shop...time to step up and do something!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast