+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree467Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    If Gamigo were serious about developing Rift further as a product they would've assigned at least a temporary community manager to engage with the user-base. More than ever, engagement with your users is critical especially after an acquisition, so that they understand what the impacts to their experience will be if any.

The fact that Archeage and Trove have had content updates and Twitch broadcasts makes it readily evident to me at least, that Rift is not a priority going forward.
    I was the one who posted in Defiance in order to find out where our CM is at which I updated in my post for those who don't already follow it. Also in my signature: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5366919

Fasti was the temporary CM, but the people left over at Trion are spread pretty thin as it is so I don't see them having much time to do it which is why it was/is so important that we get our own dedicated CM to communicate through the team and through Gamigo, but I don't know if they have one picked already and just haven't announced it (regardless of the reason) or if they just don't have one yet to announce. Based on the other CM posts from all of the other games, it sounds like they're letting them pick which game they'd like to play/CM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I was the one who posted in Defiance in order to find out where our CM is at which I updated in my post for those who don't already follow it. Also in my signature: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5366919

Fasti was the temporary CM, but the people left over at Trion are spread pretty thin as it is so I don't see them having much time to do it which is why it was/is so important that we get our own dedicated CM to communicate through the team and through Gamigo, but I don't know if they have one picked already and just haven't announced it (regardless of the reason) or if they just don't have one yet to announce. Based on the other CM posts from all of the other games, it sounds like they're letting them pick which game they'd like to play/CM.
    Nice summary post and thanks for amalgamating that information from the various scattered sources - I had individually read over some of the items such as Gamertoken and had also seen the post on the Defiance boards.

Whether or not they've decided on a dedicated CM, or if that person still needs to be hired, I just think that complete silence is the wrong way to handle the aftermath of an acquisition, and that even a short end-of-week message from a temporary CM would go a long way in assuring the community that "something" is being done.
    Bruine@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    What concerns me the most on a very practical level is the lack of knowledge transfer with those Devs who were most familiar with the game engine etc. There were big issues with the Rift variant of the Gamebryo engine hitting all sorts of ceilings and I wonder how any further development of that could go. Maybe Gamigo is planning to throw it out entirely and fit in a new engine...

Welp, I guess I'll have to hold back and see. *hangs onto hat*
    this!

this game needs an engine and coding overhaul. I wonder if that does happen, will it take the game forward into glory OR simplify it into a piece of browser crap.

this is the absolute bottom line for me. I have an account that has been solid subscriber/patron since 2011, I have never suspended or interrupted my support of the game. if the engine/gameplay and graphics go to hel in a handbasket, then for the first time, I will cancel my patron subscription.

of course, that wouldn't make me very happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10