+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree137Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - November 8, 2018

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky Beauty View Post
    QOL Suggestions:
    1.)I would strongly suggest reducing shards to two "normal" shards and maybe/maybe not seastone.
    If Seastone is kept some itemization open world incentive to see people there would be some nice tweaks. Some ideas might include world drop goodies that come as loot from killing players (with some checks to make sure someone can't simply farm a dummy account on repeat all day).
    A page from Ultima Online of double resources from farming nodes on Seastone for event and gathering nodes could be a really interesting incentive as well that should be coding light.

2.)PLEASE lobby for Gamigo to buy adds to promote Rift to get it's population back up. We can't play without people to play with and they dont sell Rift swag unless people want to buy it.

3.)Dimensioneers are the most fiercely loyal player Rift has, because the dimension system is truly unique in the genre. Again, I'd like to plug a suggestion I made a while ago to implement player made PvE content via the dimension tools already in place. (Thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-proposal.html)
    I'd like to see as many shards as possible kept online. Shard hopping to chase events, or anything else is one thing that helps keep something to do going. Even with the current number of shards it is difficult to find what you are looking for at times.

Fixing PVP will fix Seastone, nothing else will. I'm not sure why the lure of some kind of reward is so enticing to people, what most people consider rewards (mounts, dimension garbage, wardrobe garbage, pets, etc) are just not appealing to me. Playing a game is supposed to be about the game play, not collecting objects and stuff. It's there for the people that enjoy it and I'm not saying get rid of it, just don't continue to ruin Rift with it.

Dimensions, have nothing to do with Rift Game Play, a substantial draw on resources that should be directed at fixing the bugs in Rift, fixing the problems in Rift, and creating content in Rift. Not to mention the annoyance of having to deal with so many dimension items when those of us who do not like them really don't want to have to deal with them at all. Find a way to remove the dimension items completely from my Rift experience and I will reinstate my sub right now! And for the love of Telara move the NPC for Guild quest turn ins the hell outta Guild Dimensions so I can finish leveling my Guild!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post

PvP
    Find a way to bring life back to the lower level PvP
    Simple, bring Twinks back! And, the noobs gotta put on their big person pants and be able to handle asswhippings for a while. It really didn't take that long to get enough gear for vengeance and valor to make a difference back in the day. Instead of wanting premades blocked just make your own. I never cared about going against premades, just makes you work harder and that makes you find new ways to play.

Soulwalker

Default Autumn Harvest Store

The Autumn Harvest Store has always been available up to a week following the end of the event in the past, so would you please put it back on the Rift store for a week or so.

Would you also please make Autumn Harvest items available for purchase from our Wish list.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Reevar View Post
    5) VP Dailies need to be revamped. Some are nice and quick--as they should be. Others are far too long, requiring too many kills/actions (Maze of Steel ones are especially bad). And others have a fatal flaw--they require interaction with 1 specific NPC by 1 player at a time. Any increase in server population will prove those quests to be highly problematic. (Imagine 1,000 players trying to do a quest through 1 NPC at the same time--not possible & grouping doesn't solve the issue.)

7) Add a Settings option to reduce/eliminate other players' Spell Effects. I love my mage, but that doesn't mean that our Tank/Raid needs to see all of my pretty particle effects, which increase the risk of instances crashing & lowers their frame rate. And we cant simply shut them off without causing issues as many instances require us to see the NPC's spells in order to position/react appropriately (such as the TD lasers). I.e., we need greater control of what we do/don't want to see on the screen.
    RE:5) VP Dailies. The VP Dailies that are more enjoyable and actually have you playing the game and killing mobs should not be changed. The "short and quick" dailies, such as the set including assisting the research scientist (which is also one of the single NPC quests mentioned and the issue with multiple players trying to complete it) are the less enjoyable quests. Maybe you could spread them out and group them with some of the killing quests to pacify some of the people that just want the rewards without actually playing the game. Again, a lot of people just want it to be easier to get things, please don't make game play any worse than it already is to pacify this group of people. I absolutely hate this quest set, especially the research assistant. I hate quests that require disguises, that don't require killing and that don't use my toon's abilities to do the killing(such as Tank and Spank).

RE: 7) It is already in the game. Settings>Interface>Combat>Hide other players' hit effects

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    Overpowered, pay to win geared Pre-mades are one of the things that made warfronts terrible. it makes for very unbalanced teams. It should have always been random...and playing against a friend is hilarious. I have played against my husband numerous times. It's funny. lol
    Premades have always been in PVP and back before P2W Rift were not overpowered. The merc system is what really killed balanced teams and team continuity. That's why premades have an "advantage". It's not the gear it's the ability to work together to complete a common goal, when the merc system was introduced the few PVPers I knew left in Rift, left. It completely destroyed the ability to maintain a team of people that worked together well without having to make a premade. Requeing immediatly after each WF usually yielded the same group of people over and over before the merc system.

Imagine the Rift Devs coming to work and finding themselves surrounded by a different group of people everyday, which has basically what has happened the last few years as specific projects have rotated around to different devs and never got completed and resulted in the Rift we have today. Warfronts are as much about team work as gear, I've seen good groups carry undergeared people for a good while before they went down.

Soulwalker

Default Rift Cake

Since I am choosing to be so vocal I felt I should read each and every post in this thread completely. One thing I've noticed is how well Trion made micro-communities in Rift. Some people only/mostly care about dimensions, some people artifacts, wardrobes, etc.

While this is great for making a broader spectrum player base, it also shows just how much Trion has divided Rifters over the years. Now the biggest problem I see facing the devs is the number of slices of Rift cake that need attention vs the number of devs left to ice that cake.

I don't advocate removing any of those slices, but as I have said before the shinies have gotten way too much attention and the game so little. Honestly I wish Trion had made a game called Dimension instead of putting dimensions in Rift, because of all the non-game play slices of Rift Cake this seems to be a very large slice and the one slice that has nothing to do with Rift. Trion went so far as to try and force people to participate in dimensions by making a guild NPC you have to place in your guild dimension to turn in guild quests to. So my guild is stuck at level 25. I just really hate dimensions that much, and it is so infuriating to have to click on each dimension item in my bags to sell them for one lousy silver each.

As much as I would love to have a way to just not receive dimension items as loot at all, and not have dimension quests for minions eating up a quest that could net useful mats instead, or a button to sell all dimension items in my bags, I very much hope that the few team members left will focus on game play and not the rift store (unless it is shutting it down and making Rift pay to play) and the slices of Rift Cake that have nothing to do with playing the actual game of Rift. I know this means new dungeons and Raids I don't care about, but PVP has been neglected since shortly after SL, it is truly time to bring back the PVP slice of Rift Cake. That slice of the cake was a huge amount of the player population, and I heard one of the devs made a real *** of him/herself on twitch to a player asking for work on PVP. Its time to rectify that and hope that some of the lost PVP community returns, it's really dumb to be so rude to an entire part of your community. PVP could be fixed by returning all aspects of it back to Rift at SL. You took PVP souls out of the game so you can put them back in, and I'll take some PVP Rifts icing on my slice too.

One last note, the only shard that needs to be shut down is Prime. This is one slice of Rift Cake that was sour from the start, don't waste resources on more community division. Focus, FOCUS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9