+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 161
Like Tree175Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - November 8, 2018

  1. #106
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Remember the game is being reborn and nothing is set in stone. However a smart person would be playing the cards right and gain a great game that once was. That will take some time and work but it can happen and this game CAN push forward through all the other mmo's out there. This can be good. They said their team is very small so they don't have high expectations, however, here it is...why have low expectations? That is the first issue right there because maybe, just maybe these guys are great. I really don't get the pretense of some one saying sorry I'm ugly, but you still go and meet them because of their personality. Same thing here and with all games for that matter. The ones that stick around are doing it for many reasons that go beyond. So lets just just say that gaming is the most vast and also diverse outlet people identify with. I could be wrong , I could be right. lol.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  2. #107
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Remember the game is being reborn and nothing is set in stone. However a smart person would be playing the cards right and gain a great game that once was. That will take some time and work but it can happen and this game CAN push forward through all the other mmo's out there. This can be good. They said their team is very small so they don't have high expectations, however, here it is...why have low expectations? That is the first issue right there because maybe, just maybe these guys are great. I really don't get the pretense of some one saying sorry I'm ugly, but you still go and meet them because of their personality. Same thing here and with all games for that matter. The ones that stick around are doing it for many reasons that go beyond. So lets just just say that gaming is the most vast and also diverse outlet people identify with. I could be wrong , I could be right. lol.
    I don't think keeping the servers running and maybe adding the occasional cosmetic item to the store (if we're lucky) will be enough to make Rift "push forward through all the other mmo's out there," given that's it's never been at the top before, even when it actually had a team behind it (there is no Rift team anymore; I don't know whom you're even referring to with "these guys").

  3. #108
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Thank you for the information. Polite and understanding communiques are very much appreciated. On EQ2, the staff posting on the forums were often ruder than the players!

    One thing I would like to see is flying mounts. From what very little I know about the technicalities of online games, I understand that this could involve raising the "roof" of the zones. Of course, I don't if this would be needed on Rift. Fluff only but fun. That was probably the main thing I missed from EQ2.

    Finally, I am enjoying Prime but at least some of that is because ftp ground to a halt with the Celestial Lands and there is not much to do there now.
    Last edited by Beraps; 11-12-2018 at 02:27 AM.

  4. #109
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beraps View Post
    One thing I would like to see is flying mounts.

    We already had flying mounts in the game....


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXGjpBo7i2g


    Under Trion the Devs stated there would never be flying mounts, it would make activities like hunting artifacts in unusual spots pointless, it meant you could just fly over Rifts and invasions but as Trion are no more there's no telling what plans Gamigo have for Rift going forward.

  5. #110
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1

    Question Rift Improvements

    I really, really hope you change the particle requirements for the eternal weapon quest - please eliminate this requirement. As an older player (60s) I find it impossible to move around quick enough to get even close to the basic requirement of collect 15 particles let alone higher amounts. My best collection is 8 or 9.

    I also know some players with vertigo that physically can't even attempt this.

    PLEASE FIND A DIFFERENT WAY TO COMPLETE THE ETERNAL WEAPON QUEST!!
    Last edited by Batammunji; 11-12-2018 at 04:51 AM.

  6. #111
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subuster View Post
    Perhaps some kind of promotion too. Free patron for a month maybe?
    haha they won't do free patron as long as prime is alive. they don't want the trash in with paying customers. why do you think trion stopped doing it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    The people, back then at least, that were constantly on the forums complaining about OP specs and I should be able to kill everybody else but no other class in the game should dominate another, or I need bolstering in PVP instead of earning my gear and taking the whippings I took to get my gear, and most other aspects of the game were the minority. The majority of people that loved what you produced were busy playing the game, not complaining on the forums or logging on to say how great a list of things in the game were. Most people don't go to the forums to congratulate on a job well done, they want things made easier.

    PVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVP! Vengeance, Valor, no more merc system, no more bolstering. Until the merc system is removed and real PVP gear with vengeance and valor are back PVP will remain dead. There is no continuity on teams anymore, as dynamic as PVP is we never needed Vent or any other service to talk to each other. The teams that played well together knew what to expect from other people on the teams. A well fought battle that was lost in the final seconds of the warfront was much more enjoyable than stomping the crap outta the other team (well that's fun too sometimes) and getting merced back and forth and being stomped over and over, or being on the stomping side. I haven't bothered to PVP in two years, it was absolutely horrible. No gear, stupid caches and the merc system.
    you say they should ignore complaints about op specs and bloistering but then talk about how the romp-a-stomp isn't fun? how do you think it got that bad? the issue is some feel pvp should be like a sport and somewhat balanced and others feel its like a gang initiation where you need to take your "lickings" before your excepted/gear up. the issue is you CANT have fair play if you have gear gaps because it make for an advantage. if everyone had the same gear you couldn't sell it to them or force game time via grinding on them because you're scared they may leave with nothing to do but actually pvp so what you get is the gang initiation type game play even though companies know it just makes for a toxic environment.

    i didn't mind the merc system if it made pvp pop faster and its not like faction really means anything in this game anyway. i would get confused sometimes if i played a few matches in a day because i was never the same color.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    We already had flying mounts in the game....


    Under Trion the Devs stated there would never be flying mounts, it would make activities like hunting artifacts in unusual spots pointless, it meant you could just fly over Rifts and invasions but as Trion are no more there's no telling what plans Gamigo have for Rift going forward.
    flying mounts would be so much fun and F the artifact people if they are sad we can finally reach those rare ones in out of reach spaces. this game was SO not made for platforming. i spent a year doing unstables before i gave up completely and i never, EVER finished 1 set in that time that gave an acorn and whats worse is most only need 1 more to complete them (guess what one) . i have not bothered with collecting arties since. i did finished ONE recently because of my minions.
    Last edited by nessis; 11-12-2018 at 06:18 AM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

  7. #112
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    i just want RIFT to continue. it has always been my favorite out of all MMOs. it just needs some loving care.

  8. #113
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azureheart View Post
    i just want RIFT to continue. it has always been my favorite out of all MMOs. it just needs some loving care.
    You wishes would not change reality. And loving care alone would not produce content. If you prepare to spend at least $30 mil (but $100 would be much better for reasonable result) - you can buy Rift and fund development of next expansion - you may not get much back, but at least your favorite game would continue a little longer. Otherwise be grateful that servers were not shut down after trion's bankruptcy, but don't expect much content anymore.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  9. #114
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    One particular thing I'm dying for with dimensions: Could we please have Move arrows available on all sides of our deploying objects? I have a terrible time trying to move things in the direction opposite the one I'm facing. Very often the system misreads my input and starts moving things in the reverse of the direciton I intended. Then I end up having to physically run my character around the object (if there is any space) just to pull it the way I wanted. I like dimensions but this has long hampered me from really enjoying working in them.

    For content: I've never been attracted by the grindiness of Celestial far into level 70, so I don't even bother looking at most of the dungeons and raids up there. However, I'd be happy to see some new 5-person dungeons (some below uber Eternal Weapon/fragment grind please). Maybe add them to the existing areas with little touches of lore. I know expacs take a lot of time and personnel may not be in place for that. Some players prefer small groups or a dungeon with familiar friends, rather than waiting for a giant raid to prep and coordinate often by people they don't know.

    Also on that note, some rework of the loot tables/more BoE sellable loot and some new cosmetic, pet, artifact, or consumable drops in the old dungeons (possibly some scaleable ones rarely) might revive interest in them somewhat?
    Last edited by Stormytime; 11-12-2018 at 09:05 AM.

  10. #115
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10

    Cool Changes for Rift

    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post

    Greetings Ascended,

    We appreciate your patience as we take some time to solidify plans moving forward. There are a ton of moving parts involved in the transition from where we were to where we want to go, and it’s going to take us a bit of time to navigate all of the changes required to keep Telara and its denizens happy with the world we’ve called home for so long.

    With our smaller team we’re still working out the details on what future content updates will look like. While plans are being made for the future, we’re going to be focusing the team on implementing Quality of Life improvements for RIFT in the short term.

    We can’t share specifics yet because there's still work being done behind the scenes to build a strong foundation for the future. It’s on this foundation that all future updates will be built. This includes examining the health of our shard populations and looking at ways to make sure all of our players have the best possible experience in game.

    If you have specific feedback on the kinds of quality of life changes you’d like to see, be sure to share them with us! It would be very helpful to get a sense for what you feel are your main pain points.

    We just wanted to take another moment to thank you for your patience as we’ve been working behind the scenes to get things stabilized. More news will be coming down the road so please bear with us a while longer.

    -The RIFT Team
    First please bring back Port Scion and Conquest to give diversity to pvp when they Dev team removed it from the game they alienated half their fan base and this started the population decline in Rift.
    Second please increase exp for leveling 60-70 this will help with end game, the grind from 60-70 is horrible.
    Heling really needs balanced in warfronts, all healers other than primalist are nerfed and are pretty much worthless now. (pvp balances on whole but that is the biggest one)
    Rift Prime needs to be removed and put everything back on live servers, all Rift Prime did was divide a already diminished population and make que times even more unbearable.
    These are a few and the most important changes I think need to be made to bring Rift back to relevance that and remarket the game to old players to return and draw in new players.
    Thank you, Lorathien
    Last edited by whitetigersven; 11-12-2018 at 10:39 AM.

  11. #116
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Prime can take a friggen flying leap! Absolute desperation on display...
    Banned

  12. #117
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default Letter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but: This letter, in this exact wording, could have been posted within 3 days of gamigo taking over. Except for the focus on QoL, there is literally nothing that could not have been announced back then. And there is nothing in this that makes me think it will be worth my time waiting for the new team to get settled in.

    I will pop back in from time to time, to see if any actual announcements have been made, but for now I am out. My Patron was cancelled on day 1, it runs out in a few days and when that happens I no longer have a reason to log in. I know it takes time to develop new stuff, so I don't expect anything new for the next year or so. I don't have any incentive to stick around that long.

    While this team letter is the biggest chunk of communication we have recieved since gamigo took over, it is no better than a wall of silence. After all this time, it should be possible to announce more than QoL changes.
    The letter essentially says nothing. Carefully word-smithed blather approved by legal counsel.
    Last edited by UncleVenus; 11-15-2018 at 07:45 PM.

  13. #118
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nessis View Post
    haha they won't do free patron as long as prime is alive. they don't want the trash in with paying customers. why do you think trion stopped doing it.




    you say they should ignore complaints about op specs and bloistering but then talk about how the romp-a-stomp isn't fun? how do you think it got that bad? the issue is some feel pvp should be like a sport and somewhat balanced and others feel its like a gang initiation where you need to take your "lickings" before your excepted/gear up. the issue is you CANT have fair play if you have gear gaps because it make for an advantage. if everyone had the same gear you couldn't sell it to them or force game time via grinding on them because you're scared they may leave with nothing to do but actually pvp so what you get is the gang initiation type game play even though companies know it just makes for a toxic environment.

    i didn't mind the merc system if it made pvp pop faster and its not like faction really means anything in this game anyway. i would get confused sometimes if i played a few matches in a day because i was never the same color.


    flying mounts would be so much fun and F the artifact people if they are sad we can finally reach those rare ones in out of reach spaces. this game was SO not made for platforming. i spent a year doing unstables before i gave up completely and i never, EVER finished 1 set in that time that gave an acorn and whats worse is most only need 1 more to complete them (guess what one) . i have not bothered with collecting arties since. i did finished ONE recently because of my minions.
    The only people getting stomped were the few working on gear. Most matches were at least close, even when I was the one getting squashed with no gear I was on winning teams in warfronts as well as losing. I always fell behind on gear when work was busy and I didn't get to play, I was never able to kill warriors one on one in open world (DAMN YOU SHINS!) but I found that fun. It made me want to try harder to find a way to get that win against those few I could never quite get the edge on.

    Why don't I get bolstered for dungeons? Why should only PVP players with lesser gear get bolstered? In PVE I have to have a certain level of gear to even queue. Seems like that makes dungeons and raids even more of a joke, if we are gonna have that mentality with PVP then it should be in PVE also.

  14. #119
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    only one thing i'd like to see is some form of page recognizing past/present devs and the work they've put into the game. cause let's face it. most of what we know now of rift wouldn't be RIFT without them. old and new devs alike <3.

    i fell in love with the artifacts system first which got me hooked looking around for shinies.

    then i fell in love with the now (not so useful sadly) planar attunement experience points ( and working my butt off to get those small stat boosts/bonuses and powers here and there. still fun. i hope in the future more will be added to planar attunement.

    i remember when dimensions were first released with only a few pieces and one little island to test stuff out on. pages of suggestions and wandering the world of Telara for cool ideas and the help of many others, dimensions have exploded into something epic proportions. i hope this continues.

    the wardrobe system we currently have is amazing, every time I log in i hope to find something else i can get for my characters to collect.



    big thing i'd like to see at some point, would be combining ( if possible) the planar fragments section in along with the planar attunement. allowing us to use the planar fragments in places of empty hexes along the planar attunement clusters , gaining bonuses / level ups inside there versus how we have it going right now.

    i am more of a "gear is for looking good" but "stats are what make us powerful" not " this sword gives me intelligence" kind of person . :P
    Dresses don't stop attacks, armor does! Your gear is where you get your power from, and I always thought toons looked out of place and silly in battles clad in regular clothes instead of armor. Where would our stats come from? IMO the shinies (dimensions, wardrobe and artifacts) in the game have gotten way too much focus by the devs and important things like actual game play and content have been ignored. Lets fix that first please.

  15. #120
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post

    Planar Fragments for PvP should be earned with PvP currency to upgrade and RNG should be removed as well. You can look to normalizing stats completely in pvp and not make it a gear progression game but a cosmetic/ rank progression game.. One that can fall over time due to lack of participation. Maybe a system that removes certain mounts and cosmetics as time goes by forcing players to keep up with PvP. Like a sort of repurposed CQ power but with cosmetic benefits instead.
    CQ Power is exactly what killed a large amount of the game population, it was and is a terrible idea. Giving garbage like mounts and cosmetics as rewards is just as terrible an idea. Planar Frags need to die completely, and pvp gear needs to be returned to it original state when Rift launched. Your idea of trying to force people into doing things they don't want to do is what Trion did for years and it blew up in their face.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts