+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - November 8, 2018

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

I said before in another post that we NEED to know what is going to happen with Rift. This letter acknowledges that they aren't going to summarily close down the game, but we have to have more information before we lose the rest of the small population that we do have.

Please, Gamigo, please give us more information as soon as possible! This letter doesn't give us anything to hold on to.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Shadowlander

Default Quality of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    [CENTER][img]
    If you have specific feedback on the kinds of quality of life changes youd like to see, be sure to share them with us! It would be very helpful to get a sense for what you feel are your main pain points.

-The RIFT Team
    Fasti: Thank you for opening up a dialogue with the community. There are many members of the Rift community that have spent countless hours not just playing the game but developing Websites, Discord servers and other forms of communication. Holyroller12 is one such person. His post is thoughtful and in-depth and there are many more just like him. My suggestion is: Involve these people in the restructuring, reorganizing, rebuilding of Rift. Their input would be the voice of tens of thousands of game players. Invite them to the table to be a part of the redevelopment process. This would be a great way to apply some focus to prioritizing the many decisions that need to be made going forward. An enormous task has been set before you and the Rift team. Take advantage of this pool of knowledge. Da V

Im very disapointed by this letter...

After more than a year without content because of improvement of quality of life, this letter annonce more improvent of qol...

Rift need new content, not qol. Its an enormous mistake to not devellop a new expansion now.

I think i will cancel my sub because this letter convince me that Rift wont get updates for some months (never?).
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Soulwalker

First of all: Thanks for this letter!
    Im happy to know that Rift will not die any soon.

My big Quality of Life wish is: OPTIMIZE the game engine! It is nonsense the FPS drop like crazy in many situation, location. I feel the game have a big issue here. Anything else is secondly important for me. I want a smooth and fluid gameplay.

Telaran

Based on the responses to players from the Rift Team on this thread alone, in the next 48 hours, will tell you all you need to know about the future of the game.

General of Telara

I had decided to quit Rift already. This letter has vindicated that decision.

I would perhaps suggest it's time to let go. There are other games out there that would benefit from the enthusiasm that some of the players here show. Way more than Rift deserves.

Telaran

Like some have already say it looks like classic brasse answer blablabla, but if they have some small plan for rift better stick to hollyroller post and don't spread to nonsense details ( boucing mounts, engine, shiny chair in my dimension blablabla).

Peraphs bring some easy content with loot in rifts like nightmare rifts at X phase ( only problem i see is differences in strengh between mentored down classes)

Soulwalker

@sylaen, you call other's QoL nonsense, while you brings yours up. Please dont contempt other's wishes, dont divide us. This dosent help.

Default RIP

Well, I have 25 days left in my sub thanks to some 15 day vouchers. This letter pretty much cements that within my sub, nothing will be done. Shard population lookovers will be the death of Prime. With anywhere between 60 and 200 people on at any given time, rip. Short term quality of life is not what this game needs, even if its the only thing the smaller team can do atm.

I hope I am wrong, but I really just can't see it.

Thank you Fasti for this communication. Its greatly appreciated.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Thank you for addressing us with your letter, I wish there was more information in it but I understand the need for ducks to be in a row, nothing is worse than a promise not being kept and I will wait and see what happens. I would like to add some things to what has previously been said.

I really liked the call to action events and I hope they become a weekend thing, maybe add some rewards for various levels so that it keeps a continuous play value, so people will want to keep participating even at higher levels.

Mounts are always a favorite to collectors (myself included) and being able to earn some in game for achievements or in instances (dungeons, raids, ect.) would add fun and excitement while adding another thing to do. Also please put the mounts that you could have gotten from the old lockboxes in the store. Maybe have them available during a special sale like what was previously done with the limited time sale, I have wanted a Canariente ever since I saw them but I have never been able to get my hands on one! Also in regards to mounts maybe add a special dyable mount and a slot in the wardrobe screen for customization, maybe even an ability to use the mount that is in the wardrobe slot currently selected. I just think that would be super cool. Adding the ability to dye certain weapons would also be pretty neat.

Dimensions is another area that is loved by a lot of players and I feel like we can improve this area and its also another thing for us to do. The prices of a lot of these items are pretty steep especially for those of us on Prime and a revision of the prices would be tremendously appreciated. The sorting of these items has been a big challenge ever since dimensions were introduced into the game. I like the idea of maybe having a "book" or a "catalogue" in the game that can store all of our dimension items and we could pull them out to use them. Also making this accessible to all of our characters would be amazing. Keeping a way to trade them is important too. For instance you receive a dimension item as a drop doing your normal things in game or buying from the auctioneer/store and its in your bag. Adding a command in game to be able to right click and "Add to Catalogue" option so that you can store it for use or just leave it in the bag to do with as you wish. It would also be really useful if you had a button on the dimension building tool bar to "Add to Catalogue" so that you can stow away the item(s) that you wish to remove from your dimension so it goes directly to storage.

With all of my two cents that I added I also agree with the points brought up by Holyroller12. I enjoy raiding and recycling the same old content and just adding more mechanics is just lame. Nothing is more disappointing than getting excited about seeing something new and then to find out it is just recycled content. I can understand wanting to add more to the story of a place but add something, maybe have the instance a continuation of that previous story but make it a continuation not a recycle.

One last thing and this very long post is done (for now). Another thing to consider is not making a practice of taking things away from players. I understand needing to change how the souls or abilities work for balance but just talking away something completely really kills morale and makes the players feel like they cant trust you especially when its not game breaking or an unfair advantage content wise. Having trust between a game company and its player/fan base is a key foundation stone to building something lasting between the two. I hope this can be the start of a better relationship between the players and the Rift team.

Last edited by crystal8827958; 11-08-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitslos View Post
    Well, I have 25 days left in my sub thanks to some 15 day vouchers. This letter pretty much cements that within my sub, nothing will be done. Shard population lookovers will be the death of Prime. With anywhere between 60 and 200 people on at any given time, rip. Short term quality of life is not what this game needs, even if its the only thing the smaller team can do atm.

I hope I am wrong, but I really just can't see it.

Thank you Fasti for this communication. Its greatly appreciated.
    Yeah. They just seem to be saying, there is tons to do. We need time to do it but Rift will contiune. Players are very used to being given half truths while buying dlcs and other things to support the game, only to be given late and subpar returns. So some of us are cynical.

That said, the current state and where its going still hasn't been mentioned. A rift 2 with huge updates and revamping of everything, w/ much better progression paths, coherency of the lore into some awesome questing and zone changes in pve and pvp, more events and an increase of racial starting points would make it more interesting. And addressing quite clearly the sub structure and currency model would be good.

Perhaps during this in between time, while no xpacs are due to to be released the new company could use it to create/implement great changes or not. Anyway I'm not holding my breath at all. I will see when whatever happens.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-08-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Communication with customers is so important - a lot of companies fail so hard at that. So first off, thank you.

Secondly, I've just brought two old players back to Rift and introduced two new ones to it. So I really hope there is still life in them thar pixellated hills.

Someone suggested creating a poll for what players want, which I think is a great idea. For me it's small things, like being able to complete the Rhen of Fate hardcore mode or whatever (which my partner and I still haven't managed, even at 70 - we're not entirely brain-dead, just haven't figured out how yet... and we hate having to Google stuff like that, if you're wondering). As for the final act in Maze of Steel...!! And then there are the other minor things for casuals, like new shiny sets (twisted in Comet areas, poison/burning/nightmare rolled out universally with accompanying new rewards, and so on).

All in all I think Rift is by far the best free-to-download/play MMO on the market, and I thank your team again for many happy (and sometimes frustrating) years of gameplay. Keeping a game of that magnitude going, meeting player requests, balancing classes, making up new shiny sets (ahem!), and so on must be incredibly difficult. I don't envy you guys.

I look forward to seeing what the future brings.

Default GUILD ROSTER

Here is a quick Quality of Life fix that would be very nice to have. The Guild Roster no longer shows where guild members are. The "Zone" Column is empty unless the character is in an instance. The change/bug/error or whatever that caused this problem to occur happened sometime in the last 6 weeks.

let me know where my guildies are so I can send Vic out to sheep them.

It's a little thing, but sometimes lists of little things can go a long way.
    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 11-08-2018 at 04:25 PM.

When is the fragment rework

Plane Walker

only one thing i'd like to see is some form of page recognizing past/present devs and the work they've put into the game. cause let's face it. most of what we know now of rift wouldn't be RIFT without them. old and new devs alike <3.

i fell in love with the artifacts system first which got me hooked looking around for shinies.

then i fell in love with the now (not so useful sadly) planar attunement experience points ( and working my butt off to get those small stat boosts/bonuses and powers here and there. still fun. i hope in the future more will be added to planar attunement.

i remember when dimensions were first released with only a few pieces and one little island to test stuff out on. pages of suggestions and wandering the world of Telara for cool ideas and the help of many others, dimensions have exploded into something epic proportions. i hope this continues.

the wardrobe system we currently have is amazing, every time I log in i hope to find something else i can get for my characters to collect.

big thing i'd like to see at some point, would be combining ( if possible) the planar fragments section in along with the planar attunement. allowing us to use the planar fragments in places of empty hexes along the planar attunement clusters , gaining bonuses / level ups inside there versus how we have it going right now.

i am more of a "gear is for looking good" but "stats are what make us powerful" not " this sword gives me intelligence" kind of person . :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast