+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree170Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - November 8, 2018

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    I don't get into the math on games and I didn't have time for the forums back then, and as I see the forums only have the same handful of people posting on them talking to us in game would be a better survey of players. If I have time to sit down at my computer and game I don't want to waste it on a forum. As I am on Vacay and my lappy won't run the game I've taken time to peruse.

I don't see how turning the knob down would allow me to handle the mobs in the pve world without actually raising my stats. They may have manipulated things in warfronts but the gear was definitely and upgrade outside of it and not just cosmetic. I would not pvp or pve for garbage cosmetics or mounts or other bullcrap. I have a mount, how many do I need? I need only the number that grants me the fastest mount speed and I don't care to waist my time with wardrobe garbage either or collect anything just to collect it, in fact I destroy all the pets and the mount troves and find them rather annoying and unnecessary like dim items. I don't need a carrot dangled in front of me, just a Guardian to kill.

As none of that stuff was there for pvp at launch and it was so strong until they started screwing with the builds I don't see how what happened matches what you're saying. What you're saying also didn't match what people were saying in game on Gnarlwood. Until they reworked the souls and broke all the original builds (at least all of mine for all of my toons) when SL launched I saw no complaints and no decline in the people I pvped with. I can't speak for the other shards, but I'm quite certain by the time CQ was launched the merc system was already out and that's when I saw a mass exodus of the people I played with and the warfronts went to hell. Pushing pve people into pvp with CQ power resulted in the loss of vengeance and valor, the final blow to people that leveled and lived Rift in pvp. A simulator for open world pvp when there was plenty during ZEs, pvp Rifts and Pvp quests was a bad idea from the start. The implementation of it was as disaster for Rift pvp.

CQ power won't entice me to play it, I never liked it, the pve/pvp combo of Port Scion was way better. Crashing computers and having to be turned off for sometime so they could make it playable left a bad taste in my mouth, and it pulled resources away from unF-ing the souls and making pvp enjoyable again. Once again, instead of fixing what they broke they focused on something else to try and apply a bandaid. Something new is only new for a little while. Not enough players for two faction pvp, lets make three faction pvp would only make sense to Trion. The biggest problem with adding anything usable to something like CQ is you can't queue for it when you want to/have time to play, you have to wait for it to start, and it never started at a convenient time for me. I don't care to log on and plan around it's starting timer.

I disagree completely about the Frags, I don't want to recycle them, I don't want the cores in my bags, I don't want to level them, I don't want to have them replacing stats and runes on my gear. They should revert the gear back to the NMT way of working and give runecrafters back the original gear slots for runes. I don't want to carry multiple gear sets and cores around in my bags. I've recycled and sorted frags until I don't want to deal with a single one again. No other gear slot has ever been a nuisance, at what point will the frags stop coming and overflowing into our bags? The entire concept sux.
    I think this is where you go wrong.

CQ power could have been something like a +1% bonus to all stats at competent level, 2% at superior level, and 3% if you were one of the elite of the elite. The bonus would not have carried over to PVE OR OR OR you could have carried them over at 1/2 the value for PVE content. Guild Wars 2 has managed to have tons of people PVP and PVE and they have not had any of these problems - people play what they want. In a smaller game like Rift, they could have easily split the difference on stuff like this. Imagine going into PVEand your PVE gears doesnt matter u just go in and brawl. Imagine wearing PVP gear in the open world and it scales to the level of basic dungeon gear. PVE gear should be earned in PVE. I am not sure how much you need PVE gear per se, but rather everyone on a roughly even level (apart from skill) to fight.

The team at Trion screwed everything up. Find one thing (ok maybe dimensions) that they did or continued to do right. Defending these people is madness. The new company might suck and only time will tell, but it would hard to be worse than Trion. If I ran a game company, I would try not to hire people from Trion.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Soulwalker

Default tutorial chest is missing on my wife's account

My wife's account does not get the chest to leave the tutorial area. She makes another character, but still gets no chest. She is stuck in the tutorial area with several characters. One of her characters she plays just falls through the ground, and keeps falling, kind of like clipping behavior. But at any rate, none of her characters can leave the tutorial area. The names of her characters are, Pixilated, Catpna. Thanks for any help you can give.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nyvnnn View Post
    My wife's account does not get the chest to leave the tutorial area. She makes another character, but still gets no chest. She is stuck in the tutorial area with several characters. One of her characters she plays just falls through the ground, and keeps falling, kind of like clipping behavior. But at any rate, none of her characters can leave the tutorial area. The names of her characters are, Pixilated, Catpna. Thanks for any help you can give.
    What shard / server do you play on? If CS won't help you, maybe I can summon her out of the starter area with one of my toons. I usually play every day, I'm sure we can hook up for this.

Soulwalker

Default Fix VP Dailies

Almost all of the VP Dailies are too long & need to be reduced.

Maze of Steel: (the worst set of dailies ever conceived)
    On Guard--reduce from 13 Drones to 3. Make the Drones non-agro--the quest says you are activating them to aggravate the enemy forces. Why then make them attack us & force us to have to kill them? It is a zero sum gain.
    House Keeping--Lower 11 Turncoats to 3-5.
    The Iron Curtain--Lower Ahnket Spies from 10 to 3.
    Strong Perimeter--Lower the kills from 30 to 3-5. Killing 30 is ridiculous.
    They Need Healing--Lower 9 to 3. Lower their health.

The other VP Daily quest sets need to be reduced as well. They take too long, require shard hopping and cause some players to behave poorly. All of which does NOT support population growth or shard consolidation.

Keep the "Rule of 3" in mind for Daily Quests--killing 3 mobs/gathering 3 items is enough. The rewards are awful anyway, so don't make them take all damn day.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reevar View Post
    Almost all of the VP Dailies are too long & need to be reduced.
    Agreed, some of these quests are outright ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Reevar View Post
    They Need Healing--Lower 9 to 3. Lower their health.
    There needs to be a reactive ability here, seeing how some classes do not even have a healing soul in their standard set of souls.

My personal favourite is the quest where you're told that the storm legion has built some new and highly dangerous tank, and you're sent out to drive it. Soon as you board the tank, the wolves surrounding it will attack and destroy it before you even reach the target area. I cannot help but laugh whenever this happens - if the worst the storm legion has is a tank that self destructs on enemy contact, I'm really not impressed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11