+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Team Letter - November 8, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by arachyd View Post
    I have no interest in dimensions. I'm mainly into crafting so if possible please take the dimension stuff out of the minion adventures. I don't even open the dim chests, just vendor them as soon as they hit my bags. If you won't get rid of them would you at least make a repeller minion set sort of like the attractor minions? I'd rather pay the aventurine to repel the dim missions from ever appearing than to shuffle the deck - it does nothing to make them go away.
    Since when were you appointed the person who should decide what type of missions we get? Personally I love the Dimension adventures. And the Artifact adventures. I don't really have much need for crafting ones except to funnel for lower level alts. So because I don't really use the crafting ones should we get rid of those?
    The repeller would only really work if it didn't have to match attributes to put into play.

Quote Originally Posted by arachyd View Post
    It's been requested several times in the past by others that there be some better system of order for the minions other than level, name and stamina. None of those matter unless you have new ones to level up. Auto-match attributes works about as well as triangular tires. I'd love to be able to "hide" those minions that were crap from the beginning and will never be used. It's annoying to have to keep scrolling down a long list to find that one that matches the mission or to have to remember its name to search.

On minions again, could you add the option to collect all the finished missions at once like mailboxes have to collect all the mail with 1 click? I usually collect mine just before leaving for work in a rush and having to click each one to see what's there (can't close it like the loot bag, gotta collect it) then click again to put it in inventory 6 times or more if I hurry a few of them before I can send them all out again is a bit much.
    I find auto-match is pretty good. It excludes all those that don't have any of the attributes. I have roughly 150 minions and scrolling to the bottom isn't hard, or even time-consuming. So not sure why you find that annoying, but each to their own I guess.

One-click collect would be handy. Probably minion sender does that, but I like doing mine manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienriven View Post
    Focus heavily on Prime as the means to bring players in rather than live being the lure, it wonít work that way.

Fix balancing so any class is competitive, I understand this part may be the most challenging. But thereís no point to ask players who stopped rift months to years ago unless the game is cleansed from what trion did to it.

Take a huge look at rift prime, it was poorly thrown together and needs improvements.

I canít speak much on live servers, I think the whole thing is a **** show so I donít play on it.
    Prime is what has led to the game losing so many people. It split the already small population. And it took dev time and focus away from Live. So even more people left due to dissatisfaction.
    I think you would find most players would say shut down Prime and put the energy into improving and developing stuff for the Live servers. There are more people playing Live than Prime.

Not sure what this line "unless the game is cleansed from what trion did to it" means. If you mean the poor choices and game direction it took, you can't really wipe out 2 expansions. If you purely mean class balancing, they were working on that. Prime took dev time and energy away from being able to do that. Personally would like too see a move away from the requirement to have to have 61 points in the main talent tree back to the way it was. I'd also like to see some of my favourite builds be viable again, such as Ranger.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Daglar gave everyone an ultimatum. He literally asked us if we wanted to remove it, or not. The most popular answer was to restructure it so it did not force players who did not want to pvp to pvp to earn best in slot in PvE. You don't even need to have a good intellect to think of a way to make CQ power concept viable, because it is mostly a paste and copy of WHAT works in other games that PvP is more successful in.. like mobas, rts, and other mmos etc.By saying REMOVE it instead of replace it with something better is actually the reason there was an exodus. Think of all the content they removed. PvP dailies, PvP Rifts, some PvP warfronts changes, both CQ etc. Think of how long PvP balance has been so terrible because of the neglect. This is the reason why people left. They refused to fix parts of the game that encouraged players to log in everyday. And yes you absolutely need to dangle a carrot on a stick for pvpers to want to pvp. Biggest reason CQ was a ghost zone for most of NT.

What pvpers want are no significant biases, they were content with the progressive gear that was basically earn the best in slot and wait for the next best in slot to come out and then earn that.. but how the devs saw it and many of the smarter players was that in fact.. you were just technically earning cosmetic gear since the way pvp was balanced was on a global level for the most part and this caused massive wide scale imbalances by turning general knobs rather than specifically going after OP specs in a more consistent way. For instance you will earn your first tier of PvP gear directly.. everyone will max it out because no rng.. The design team creates another tier for PvPers then with more stats but although you gained more stats they will turn the knob down to leave you about the same level you were in terms of dps, healing. This is the flawed system they favored as not every class performed the same so turning the knob down would make weaker performing classes even weaker while thinking they are balancing the OP specs at the same time. They refused to do a good job at it in the end...

The better option would be to make it pure cosmetic from the start.. Fancy name plates, emotes, mounts preferably with special abilitiies, wardrobes can help keep PvP churning but those rewards could only be earned by maintaining a certain rank which makes PvP rewarding in some way. This is how you can retool CQ power into something that is NOT forced onto those who don't want to PvP like the CQ power did to PvE'ers to continue their progression. Just having these cosmetic rewards evaporate by having a deteriorating rank for lack of participation. If they want to maintain those cosmetic rewards then they would casually play pvp. This is best way to entice an audience without forcing them to do content they don't want to do.

Same with fragments. They don't really need to get rid of it. Just re-envision a new concept that doesn't destroy replayability for a lot of folks. And for everyone else.. Trion did not die from free to play.. It saved them actually a few times. You can look up steam charts at how much the population spiked when they went to free to play. The problem was a total mismanagement on investments and many of the devs focusing on what other gamers in other games wanted rather than what their gamers wanted. It is okay to find inspiration from other games but not to throw your whole player base under the bus. If the devs wanted to work on a project it should always be about the impact on their players..I believe PoA was retooled in this way to actually milk players to be honest.. Think of all the fascinating offers that happen where you can just buy large sums of loyalty directly, CQ attempt to go back to pay to play.. and how it was reworded from lets combine NA/AU/EU to people wanting a payed server. As if a few hundred players is big enough population to dedicate content development too. Even if they were paying live still retained the most subscribers. They shot themselves in the foot with doing two workloads when they couldn't even handle half of 1.
    I don't get into the math on games and I didn't have time for the forums back then, and as I see the forums only have the same handful of people posting on them talking to us in game would be a better survey of players. If I have time to sit down at my computer and game I don't want to waste it on a forum. As I am on Vacay and my lappy won't run the game I've taken time to peruse.

I don't see how turning the knob down would allow me to handle the mobs in the pve world without actually raising my stats. They may have manipulated things in warfronts but the gear was definitely and upgrade outside of it and not just cosmetic. I would not pvp or pve for garbage cosmetics or mounts or other bullcrap. I have a mount, how many do I need? I need only the number that grants me the fastest mount speed and I don't care to waist my time with wardrobe garbage either or collect anything just to collect it, in fact I destroy all the pets and the mount troves and find them rather annoying and unnecessary like dim items. I don't need a carrot dangled in front of me, just a Guardian to kill.

As none of that stuff was there for pvp at launch and it was so strong until they started screwing with the builds I don't see how what happened matches what you're saying. What you're saying also didn't match what people were saying in game on Gnarlwood. Until they reworked the souls and broke all the original builds (at least all of mine for all of my toons) when SL launched I saw no complaints and no decline in the people I pvped with. I can't speak for the other shards, but I'm quite certain by the time CQ was launched the merc system was already out and that's when I saw a mass exodus of the people I played with and the warfronts went to hell. Pushing pve people into pvp with CQ power resulted in the loss of vengeance and valor, the final blow to people that leveled and lived Rift in pvp. A simulator for open world pvp when there was plenty during ZEs, pvp Rifts and Pvp quests was a bad idea from the start. The implementation of it was as disaster for Rift pvp.

CQ power won't entice me to play it, I never liked it, the pve/pvp combo of Port Scion was way better. Crashing computers and having to be turned off for sometime so they could make it playable left a bad taste in my mouth, and it pulled resources away from unF-ing the souls and making pvp enjoyable again. Once again, instead of fixing what they broke they focused on something else to try and apply a bandaid. Something new is only new for a little while. Not enough players for two faction pvp, lets make three faction pvp would only make sense to Trion. The biggest problem with adding anything usable to something like CQ is you can't queue for it when you want to/have time to play, you have to wait for it to start, and it never started at a convenient time for me. I don't care to log on and plan around it's starting timer.

I disagree completely about the Frags, I don't want to recycle them, I don't want the cores in my bags, I don't want to level them, I don't want to have them replacing stats and runes on my gear. They should revert the gear back to the NMT way of working and give runecrafters back the original gear slots for runes. I don't want to carry multiple gear sets and cores around in my bags. I've recycled and sorted frags until I don't want to deal with a single one again. No other gear slot has ever been a nuisance, at what point will the frags stop coming and overflowing into our bags? The entire concept sux.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishly View Post
    Prime is what has led to the game losing so many people. It split the already small population. And it took dev time and focus away from Live. So even more people left due to dissatisfaction.
    I think you would find most players would say shut down Prime and put the energy into improving and developing stuff for the Live servers. There are more people playing Live than Prime.

Not sure what this line "unless the game is cleansed from what trion did to it" means. If you mean the poor choices and game direction it took, you can't really wipe out 2 expansions. If you purely mean class balancing, they were working on that. Prime took dev time and energy away from being able to do that. Personally would like too see a move away from the requirement to have to have 61 points in the main talent tree back to the way it was. I'd also like to see some of my favourite builds be viable again, such as Ranger.
    Prime was the reason many original players from vanilla and beta come back to the game. The concept of prime only or mostly consisting of those who participate from the live pay to win servers is crazy-talk. Most of the people who currently play on prime are now those who do play live as well, nearly everyone who came from the popularity of Prime left 2 weeks before GSB release and maybe a week after it was released on prime due to the balancing issues being so bad. Your statement of people wishing prime was shut down is mostly those who again, participate in the pay to win live servers. Prime kicked the bucket because issues still exist in the game and never been fixed, if those issues were corrected then maybe the insurgence of players would come back. The live servers isn't the future, nor is Prime only. You would need a healthy balance of the two. One thing you are correct about is that there isn't enough manpower to fuel both fires. They desperately need more people on the team or at least kick up the work, more in favor of the first option. People who play prime find pride in not having a cash shop. People who play live want a cash shop or at least be in *new* content. Also I'm very big on any soul and any build 61 or not being competitive, I won't disagree there.

Big issues,

Rift needs new/more people
    Rift needs to fix and add content to make that possible.
    Rift team itself needs more/new people to make that happen.

I have my biases sure, but I soley believe this or at least something else needs to happen to get Rift rolling again and a huge issue of that is the game has many wounds which isn't healing at all or at least not fast enough.

Prime brought back people that didn't care for the live environment. There were and still are lots of people that pay a subscription for prime only including myself.

You say shut down Prime because more people play live? That would be like me saying delete PvP because more people play PvE so the resources should go there only. That would be ridiculous.

Also, what Dev time is required for Prime after the launch anyhow, except now they just need to flip the switches to unlock the next tier of content, or Prime will die, as will it's subscriptions.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    Prime brought back people that didn't care for the live environment. There were and still are lots of people that pay a subscription for prime only including myself.
    The sooner this can be known as a fact and objective then we can have real talks about what needs to be done.

Prime brought back people that didn't care for the live environment. There were and still are lots of people that pay a subscription for prime only including myself
    There probably was/are quite a few people that pay for Prime only, but a very large portion (especially now) of Primes population were people who were already patrons long before prime launched. There hasn't been any new genuine content/raids for live for over a year now so many people were only playing there because of that reason.

Also, what Dev time is required for Prime after the launch anyhow, except now they just need to flip the switches to unlock the next tier of content, or Prime will die, as will it's subscriptions.
    That was the initial intention and hope for Prime, but everyone knows now that it wasn't that simple. Each new expansion, experience, dungeon, raid and content needed at least some varying degree of attention to rescale it all before it was pushed out. The experienced they gained with the initial launch / vanilla content was making it easier for them to scale "new" released content at a faster pace, but it wasn't just a matter of flipping switches on.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-23-2018 at 02:40 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Thank you for the note. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing, and a hell of a whole lot better then "sorry, we're taking it offline". I've put so many years, so much love, and so much money (soooo much) into this game, and I love it still, even if I no longer log in and actively play like I used to, and I'm hoping so much that this will give Rift new wings! I'm reserved and wary, but also filled with hope about Rift's future!

~Raeslyn

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

May the game live on!!!!!!! I think that it will. Let us in please other than vague answers.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Soulwalker

Since when were you appointed the person who should decide what type of missions we get? Personally I love the Dimension adventures. And the Artifact adventures. I don't really have much need for crafting ones except to funnel for lower level alts. So because I don't really use the crafting ones should we get rid of those?
    The repeller would only really work if it didn't have to match attributes to put into play.

I find auto-match is pretty good. It excludes all those that don't have any of the attributes. I have roughly 150 minions and scrolling to the bottom isn't hard, or even time-consuming. So not sure why you find that annoying, but each to their own I guess.

One-click collect would be handy. Probably minion sender does that, but I like doing mine manually.
    And I say again, I'm not stating YOUR QOL issues. I'm stating mine.

Telaran

1. I agree that the particles quest for the Eternal Upgrade quest is a problem. The particles quest literally gives me a headache looking at the screen while moving in 3 dimensions. Having to do something completely different from the normal game or be roadblocked from a lot of 70 endgame content is not good. How many players with a level 70 have never upgraded their Eternal weapon?

2. I agree the planar fragment system is cumbersome in that most of the planar fragments that drop are low quality and have to be recycled. I have recycled thousands just on one character. I recommend eliminating drops of all low quality fragments and just have cosmic cores drop instead.

When a character hits 70, have a vendor sell starter fragments for Void Stones so they can start out with some. That would give something worthwhile for a level 70 to buy with Void Stones.

I'd also like to see the 6 types of cosmic cores be made into currencies so they don't take up bag space.

3. I can see how players who don't like Dimensions get annoyed by having to dispose of all the Dimension chests from Minion adventures. I have collected about 100 full stacks of dimension chests.

To remedy that problem, why not make a Dimension collection tab, similar to the Artifacts tab but with a storage feature like the Fragment Inventory. When a Dimension chest is opened the items go into the Dimension collection and duplicate items can stack. Items can always be removed from the Dimension collection and placed in a Dimension. It would probably be most desirable if the Dimensions tab was account wide like the Minion and Wardrobe tabs.

That would please the players who hate Dimensions because the Dimension items would not have to be vendored. It would also please Dimension lovers who frequently complain about the lack of storage space for Dimension items. It would also allow for Achievements in collecting Dimension items, such as Collect 100 different Dimension Trees or Collect 100 different Dimension Buildings.

4. It would be nice if the Companions tab and Mounts tab had the "Show Uncollected" feature of the Wardrobe tab. That way players could see what they have left to collect.

It would also be very useful to have categories on the Companions tab the way the Mounts are categorized on the Mounts tab. Some possible categories could be cats, dogs, rodents, undead, plants, birds, crabs, Fae Yule pets, Autumn Harvest pets and Summerfest pets.

5. I have reached maximum notoriety for all the PVE factions except Uttila Resistance. The Notoriety minion missions never give me Uttila Resistance notoriety so all I get is less than 1 platinum for an 8 hour mission and up to about 2.5 platinum for a 4 hour mission. That seems unrewarding and unexciting. If there will only be gold/platinum awards, there should be a small chance of getting more than a couple platinum, such as a 1:100 chance of getting 100 platinum.

Or maybe just stop giving any notoriety minion missions for characters who have can no longer earn any notoriety from minion missions.

6. I missed the 50, 60 and 65 end game content and really do not feel motivated to go back and breeze through it for obsolete currencies. I would do it if there were daily or weekly throwback quests to do some of it but with level 70 currencies as rewards and requiring mentoring down to 50, 60 or 65.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    I don't see how turning the knob down would allow me to handle the mobs in the pve world without actually raising my stats. They may have manipulated things in warfronts but the gear was definitely and upgrade outside of it and not just cosmetic. I would not pvp or pve for garbage cosmetics or mounts or other bullcrap. I have a mount, how many do I need? I need only the number that grants me the fastest mount speed and I don't care to waist my time with wardrobe garbage either or collect anything just to collect it, in fact I destroy all the pets and the mount troves and find them rather annoying and unnecessary like dim items. I don't need a carrot dangled in front of me, just a Guardian to kill.
    CQ would have never turned into a dismal barely played wasteland if they kept all the incentives to join it even if it was forcing players to join. You would have all the afkers and botters joining again though..They need some incentives or most people won't join. Those incentives shouldn't have to be something that is regarded as being required to min/max or progress further in other types of content. This is what they failed at in SL. They ruined it with CQ power and RICS/DICS. Warfronts were never unpopular, EVER, until they cut off its progression of adding in more "fake upgrades" in gear. By adding all the RNG they just killed off replayability. Back before and during SL classes were severely imbalanced but it was never hard to reroll into all the overpowered classes because CQ ranked you up so fast and devs even pushed you with very fast catchup quest and crafted items for raiding.

Also, the game had actually three different types of gear. There was World Gear, PvP Gear, and PvE Raid/Dungeon instance Gear. If you wanted to do World content and PvP you could have just aimed for world gear which if you just did bare minimum you would have tons of currency to do that content. You shouldn't be able to get the best in slot gear for all content if you only played pvp. Many people would just PvP and all the other content would be wasted development as it would have been the easiest way to best in slot.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 12-03-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

While we're on QOL stuff - make stuff that drops from daily / weekly gifts (Patron or general login) account-bound or even sellable pls

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the communication without any information. good luck keeping players. i stopped playing, cancelled my sub, deleted my payment method. no need to ban me. this is my last entry on this forum. after 6 years and the decline of the game, i am moving on due to the uncertainty after 2 months.

Telaran

Most of the players dislike the last year or so of Rift changes. If the devs are working on things then return some fun back to the game before some new content is worked on.

1) We do not like all the added RNG with planar fragments or the Eternal weapons. This takes away from what makes rift fun. We miss being able to have unique items or switch toons which we are now locked into due to all the time and effort needed to level fragments and eternal weapons.

2) We do not like that PvP was mostly ignored for the last two years. Going back to 2011 Rift had a large PvP focus and was one of the better PvP games out. I remember some fun things that were removed like CQ, open world PvP rifts, different PvP armor sets, and valor. Need to fix some class balance issues like Farseer healing.

3) Rfit Prime was a terrible idea that fragmented the player base and made it harder for Rift developers dealing with a forked code base. I'm sure some who paid / play rift prime may disagree but it did fragment the player base regardless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast