+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree822Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Default Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. SEE POST BELOW

"Greetings. I am sorry to say that Trion has been sold, and that a great many of us are packing to leave today.

Thank you for everything you have done for us. Trion has new owners, and I trust that they will treat you well, as you all deserve. *I will soon lose access to Trion email and channels, and I regret that I do not know who all will be left here, but I hope that the new team will look after you well in future.

I wish you all the very, very best. I hope to see you all in other worlds. Fare well."

I uh... I'm at a loss for words.
    Last edited by Clowd; 10-22-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

My heart is broken

Rift Disciple

welp..... GG?
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

General of Telara

If Brasse and a great many people are leaving too then yeah that really doesn't bode well.

Yikes.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 10-22-2018 at 11:09 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Good morning, all.

There is a lot of concern this morning about our acquisition, but I want to make sure you know that the games will go on!

I would like to share the official statement from Trion:

"Greetings -- We can confirm that there has been a transaction involving Trion Worlds and its games.

While many of the names and faces you’ve come to know in our studios will remain on through this transition, others will not be making the journey. To those who are leaving us, we are forever grateful for your incredible work and contributions over the years.

We’d like to assure our communities that the games will continue on in capable hands moving forward, as everyone involved is aiming to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We will have more information to reveal as soon as we possibly can.

From the bottom of all of our hearts, we thank you for your time and dedication to our games and hope that you've enjoyed the experience as much as we have. From spending time with you in game, to seeing you at conventions, to talking with you on livestreams and forums, it's been our pleasure to be a part of this exceptional community with you since our first launch more than seven years ago.
    Please know that you have our deepest gratitude. As for our games, we hope you continue to enjoy playing them far into the future!

The Trion Worlds Team"

I'll be here until end of day and will either answer or forward your questions to the team.
    It has been a rare honor to share Telara with you all! I will still wander its pathways as an ordinary citizen. =)
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 10-22-2018 at 11:10 AM.

General of Telara

Who on the Rift team is staying/leaving?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Looks to be some sort of German Company and looking at their roster of games..yeah, loli types everywhere.

Champion
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-22-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

One of the main concerns with this transaction (aside from wondering if games will continue) is whether or not this company will uphold the positive changes that have been made in regard to stepping away from a lot of the P2W aspects of the game? Actual or perceived. It would be counter productive to make all of these changes and then have the new owners add in cash grabs of their own.

Was this deal something that has been going on behind the scenes for a long period time or was it a rather recent decision?

Why was the decision made to sell the company in the first place?

Who or how many of Trions employees knew about this beforehand? I know it's going to suck for a lot of people whether they knew or not and I hope everyone will be able to find new work at other companies. We all wish them the best, including you Brasse!

What will happen with the Trion Creator's Program? Is that something the new owners plan on keeping and if so, will any of the codes be given out for any of the contests that were planned for this particular seasonal event?
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 10-22-2018 at 11:12 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

You leaving brasse? How about roughraptor & deadsimon?

We'll miss you, and anyone else leaving, Brasse! I hope everything works out well for you and you find new and greater opportunities on the horizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

I will miss you all so much. You are all amazing and I am super grateful for the chance to meet so many of you. I am so broken hearted I wish everyone the best of lucan and to find a amazing place for your life to go.

Plane Walker

I am actually pretty happy hearing this news. I've been thinking for a while that maybe a new company in charge would be a positive for the game and everyone involved. I'm already happy with one decision they have made.
    Sometimes you just need to get rid of the old regime and bring in someone fresh to turn things around. Let's hope this is the beginning of great things to come!

Btw this is a link to Gamigo's game collection:
    https://en.gamigo.com/game/index
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 10-22-2018 at 12:13 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

To be honest, I do not know who is staying and who is going.
    I am definitely out, and today is my last day. I'ma spend it on the forums and packing my stuff.

All Trion games will carry on.

I am sure that all game teams will fashion a Producer's Letter to let you know more once the transition is complete. I'll poke RIFT Dev to make sure they know I'm nagging until the last second, heh.

It has been so great to work on games that I love so much.
    Now that it's my last day, the gloves come off and I tell the trolls to ****, RIFT is still one of the best MMOGs out there. Someone can ban me for that comment later. =)
    I love you all so much.
    Brasse

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    I am actually pretty happy hearing this news. I've been thinking for a while that maybe a new company in charge would be a positive for the game and everyone involved. Sometimes you just need to get rid of the old regime and bring in someone fresh to turn things around. Let's hope this is the beginning of great things to come!
    I doubt that. If the Gamesutra article is correct, 25 people to maintain all of Trion's games means there will be few to no content roll-outs for any of them. Since they're a mobile game company it'll probably just be more lockboxes until all blood from these IP's are squeezed dry.

It sucks too because Rift was always the MMO that fit my preferences best.
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-22-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast