+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree856Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Nine years of working on Rift is a high point of a very long career.

It was a pleasure interacting with a great many of you, and I wish you the best.

Time take my leave of this realm and find new planes to explore.
    Good luck in your real life adventures and thank you very much for all of the support and communication you've given to us over the years!

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Nine years of working on Rift is a high point of a very long career.

It was a pleasure interacting with a great many of you, and I wish you the best.

Time take my leave of this realm and find new planes to explore.
    We are going to miss you...thank you for all your hard work and good luck to you

I'm too are sad now. I enjoyed all of your livestreams, and are truely going to miss all of you! Brasse, RR, Salvatrix, Captain Cursor, Dead Simon....

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I hope everyone on the Rift project finds new work soon. It's been a fun ride.

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

Default Devs! So grateful for all your hardwork

This is a sad time for a once thriving community. Rift was awesome at some point. For the Dev's who just lost their job. Get back on your feet and get out there making great games.
    Check out Ashes of Creation. I hope you see you all in the next big adventure!

Telaran

Thanks for everything, Brasse and I wish you luck in all your future endeavors! I'm glad to know that Rift will continue, but very worried about how it will continue. Part of what I loved about this team is that with all the good and the bad, you could always tell you all were passionate about what you were doing. We will dearly miss those leaving.

I called it 2 years ago. welcome all to the death of a video game. when a company bases the future of that company on a free to play but a monthly subscription based with no real reward, its called a last suck opportunity. suck as much money as u can from the remaining community before they sell it. ex primalists and prime server. i wont go into detail bc thoes of u who bought it..... HAHA!!!! double ,,l,, setsy. rogue master race!!! <3 now what will happen from here is it will b free to play. but eventualy the company wont make enough money so they will either one introduce cash shop items to empower your character of make them look cooler. came content will not advance past this point or it will b preschool lvl bs like it has been. the remaining community with bs toxic trash ex Stazy! ,,l,, we this gmae does u better stick to buying pills! now after falled attempt's to leach as much money as they can they free to play but pay to win system will b introduced and thats when its game over man. 2nd they sell it to another company who cares less and leaches more....... iv seen it happen to a # of games. it may take awhile but it will happen i hope im wrong.but history doesnt lie. unless its txt book.
    love always
    Damadafaka... except RGI F that guy!
    49% Madafaka 51% Son of a *****
    All The Gods, All the Heavens, All The Hells Are Within You

I won't be missing Brasse, but I feel for a couple other devs I've had contact with.

Hopefully this is an upgrade for Rift, and some of us might come back, but I see it being the beginning of the end.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Frankly, it is far too early fro gloom and doom over this transition.

What might well come forth is a great deal of proper upkeep as well as returning to content releases on a proper timeline. Perhaps the soul system will no longer be ignored and neglected.

And to those that will no longer be a part of "Trion", best wishes in your future endeavors...
    It is way past time for doom and gloom. There are no more developers to work on "content releases," "the soul system," or anything else. 90% of Trion staff was let go. Trion's titles are going into maintenance mode (like Rift has been for the last year, Brasse et al.'s counterclaims notwithstanding), and any resources that go into them from now on will be focused on easy changes that can be sold for cash to players who make poor choices with money, like cosmetic reskins and in-game power. When a title becomes insufficiently profitable, it'll get shut down.

Rift Chaser

RIP and shoutout to all the old buddies, doing random **** with reis neb kelly dark and the bois were some of the best times i've had.
    Last edited by Aayden; 10-22-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Default Sad

I was really really hoping RIFT woukd make a comeback. I was hoping that maybe..just maybe they were developing a new kick *** expansion that they were going to reveal soon. It wound't be like it was but something awesome nonetheless.
    This is sad news unless the new owners want to take it on but I doubt it.
    I've met a ton of good people in a few guilds and I'm happy I did it through RIFT.
    As people.preciously said I did agreed with the things trion did from time to time but never wanted it to go down or people to lose jobs.
    This sucks. How I wanted to fight regulos kn his true dragon form...
    Goodnight Rift.

Shield of Telara

This is a very sad day indeed. I started with launch, I never would have imagine I would outlast Trion.

I know I have had my complaints but I stuck around. I am just in total shock. I do want to thank all those devs over the years that tried to make this a good game. Thanks for all the work you did with dimensions, they were amazing.

I have seen some of the devs come on to say goodbye, so many great people leaving, I just can not see the game being any good anymore. Is there anyone actually staying? Is this game now on maintenance mode?
    Last edited by Manasha; 10-22-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Its official all of them are gone ? How they will produce anything on the game now ?
    What makes you guys think Trion was purchased for any reason related to Rift?

So this validated every "game is dead" comment.

Best of luck to all employees who tried your best to keep a game going. Good luck in moving onto better things.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    This is a very sad day indeed. I started with launch, I never would have imagine I would outlast Trion.

I know I have had my complaints but I stuck around. I am just in total shock. I do want to thank all those devs over the years that tried to make this a good game. Thanks for all the work you did with dimensions, they were amazing.

I have seen some of the devs come on to say goodbye, so many great people leaving, I just can not see the game being any good anymore. Is there anyone actually staying? Is this game now on maintenance mode?
    While nothing is set in stone and we don't know the plans of the people taking the reins here. Just judging by their library of games and style of games... Rift doesn't have a bright future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast