+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree856Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Can you guys throw in a shiny wings mount together before leavin?

To whomever's leavin, can i haz ur plat? - Amielle@deepwood

Last edited by Amielle; 10-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Wow. Best of luck to all of my friends at Trion.

I am curious to know who will be staying. The game has changed quite a lot since I stopped playing, though, so this is just a step again in that direction.

Well sad to hear, this is happening but we all know something like this was going to happen with direction all trion titles heading off, only Trove was doing good, rest of titles were not doing good even recently launched Defiance 2050 or new game like Atlas Reactor wasn't doing fine, interestingly RIFT even with all the declining happening by Trion and having least team size was doing better than most other titles except Trove.

Managemental problems, declining playerbase etc is not something you should do for your games own good, when declining most of playerbase, releasing stuff not even needed or breaking games to the whole another direction will cause lowering your incomes on the game.

Last 4 years of the RIFT compared to previous 4 years having significant lose on playerbase, while F2P launch increased population, wrong actions happend with NMT launch and constant ignore on both PVP and PVE players cost most population of RIFT gone as well.

Let's hope Gamigo or whoever bought Trion will do better and care for the games but I'm so sad to hear people like Salvatrix etc forced to leave company. Thanks to devs for all their efforts.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

It's weird, you always have a feeling in the back of your mind this was going to happen eventually. It was widely noticeable that things were rough, but I thought closure within 1-2 years would be the way it went with maybe 2 raids left max. I don't think many of us considered a sell off to a maintenance company so soon, but we should of (I feel a bit stupid for not foreseeing this).

Gamigo is definitely a maintenance company, that's essentially what they do with most of their games, plus selling the odd cosmetic through money. I doubt we'll be seeing any significant updates anymore, especially with Devs like Salvatrix leaving. I mean really, we hadn't seen any decent updates in a year, so we definitely won't see any more.

I was just hoping the game would end in around a year with a nice finalé and some closure. I hate limbo..

I think it's up to the community to bring closure instead and we'll have a big bash XD (saying that I don't want to give up dimensions)
    Fwob - Zaviel

If none of the engineers are staying, then what happens if the servers go down tomorrow? Or there's a big problem with something else? Since everyone is leaving at end of business today, there will be no one to fix anything. Gamigo is useless for that.

I hope I'm wrong, but you can't keep the game running without staff. So, what Brasse and others are being told is not true?
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #51

It was an honor being a player among you and working alongside everyone to create some great systems and content.

GL everybody, I wish you all the best

-RR / Ryan

This has made me really sad. All this happening right before the holiday season, laying off so many people. I hope things go well for all of you. <3 I really hope this game will survive. I really don't agree with them firing all those people all at once.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Baelger View Post
    ...well so if you are not allowed to say the new owners' name...i am (as it's more or less still in state of a rumor)...

http://https://corporate.gamigo.com/ueber-gamigo/#company

...a company of the Axel Springer Verlag...
    Argh, don't scare me like that...

In October 2012, the Axel Springer AG divests all shares of the gamigo AG to the strategic investor Samarion S.E. from Düsseldorf.
    So it's not Axel Springer anymore.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

good luck ryan.

heres hoping we see the raptor again soon in another title

Telaran

I will miss you, Brasse. I don't know who else I will miss yet. Maybe you can make a dev-only farewell thread for employees to post to before they leave. Contact info, wishes, etc...

I hope for the best for Rift. It's implemented systems in a unique way that I prefer to all competitors, specifically the wardrobe system.

Best wishes, and we'll see you around!

Telaran

really hope, we get a statement from the new owners soon, and what there plans are.

Brasse was asked to end her communications: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...36/unknown.png

Good on her for letting a lot of people know ahead of time as to what was going down. She deserves a lot of credit for that and I hope she and everyone else will find new jobs and put as much passion into them as they did with Rift. I wouldn't expect anymore answers until we hear from the new owners at this point so we're all left to just speculate until then.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    It was an honor being a player among you and working alongside everyone to create some great systems and content.

GL everybody, I wish you all the best

-RR / Ryan
    Well there goes all the future planned features GL RR and ty for the fun times in the canyons of PTW. PS you never once got me :P
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

According to Kerilar on Twitter the whole RIFT and probably Defiance team have been fired at least. Gamesutra states only 25 of ~200 employees were offered a new position in gamigo...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

This is so very sad. What of the 'projects' still in the works like Simons puzzle dungeon or the Planar Deciples?, I imagine they are as of now, shelved. Its so unfortunate that people had to lose their jobs over this. I can't even imagine how suprised/upset those devs were. I wish you all well and hope you find another gaming company to work for very soon! I will always remember the goofy streams I watched every week! Good luck out there!
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast