+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree822Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

to say I am shocked is an understatement, I knew things were tough but not aquisition level tough.

To Brasse, Simon, RR, Salvatrix and everyone else that worked on the Rift team, and to everyone that worked on the other TRION games, my thoughts are with you all as this may have come completely out of left field and I wish you all the very best in your future careers.

If any of the Rift team remains then let the community know what we can do to help you make this transition, as I am sure we all share some common questions and a desire to make this easier for you to cope with.

Some of my fondest MMORPG memories are here in Rift and I hope that some of the team are left to keep it running, and train up the new managers on how to keep it rolling on.

Remember...with a community this passionate (and vocal about both likes and dislikes) you still have an opportunity to achieve amazing things.

My only hope in all of this is that Rift continues, I realise this may be a vain hope with Trove being the primary title in the stable now...but without hope...what else is there.

All the best to you all and don't forget there are other studios who could benefit from all your expertise!

Love.
    Uni x

Plane Walker

When Trion was at the top of its development game Rift was one hell of a game. I enjoyed the content they produced back then immensely... and to this day I have never had the same level of gaming enjoyment/excitement.

It is sad to hear that this change will be affecting peoples livelihoods. But I would like to thank them and all the other former Trion employees for providing the Rift experience.

Koz

Champion

I can't both Prime and Live both going forward. I think the days of Prime are numbered.

Ah well, we'll see what happens in the future. It's just sad to see so many people laid off after the purchase.

Best of luck in the future to them.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Plane Walker

I did predict this. I am honestly quite amazed that people are shocked by these events. Weren't the writings on the wall for a long, long time? Even toward the end of Nightmare Tide we were concerned about the state of the game and what direction it would go. I would be surprised if this news caught Trion employees by surprise as well. Working in a corporate environment, even if no official announcements are being made, when something this big is happening behind the scenes there is a vibe in the air, and stuff gets leaked. People are usually not caught completely surprised by this type of things. Having worked for Cingular, SBC, and now ATT I've seen this type of stuff happen many times. Believe me, employees are never surprised. We always suspect when this type of things are happening.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    I can't both Prime and Live both going forward. I think the days of Prime are numbered.
    dose prime not have more ppl in total, then Live dose?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    dose prime not have more ppl in total, then Live dose?

no.

/10chars
    Last edited by Natia; 10-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Soulwalker

Default Question about Atlas Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Good morning, all.

There is a lot of concern this morning about our acquisition, but I want to make sure you know that the games will go on!

I would like to share the official statement from Trion:

"Greetings -- We can confirm that there has been a transaction involving Trion Worlds and its games.

While many of the names and faces you’ve come to know in our studios will remain on through this transition, others will not be making the journey. To those who are leaving us, we are forever grateful for your incredible work and contributions over the years.

We’d like to assure our communities that the games will continue on in capable hands moving forward, as everyone involved is aiming to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We will have more information to reveal as soon as we possibly can.

From the bottom of all of our hearts, we thank you for your time and dedication to our games and hope that you've enjoyed the experience as much as we have. From spending time with you in game, to seeing you at conventions, to talking with you on livestreams and forums, it's been our pleasure to be a part of this exceptional community with you since our first launch more than seven years ago.
    Please know that you have our deepest gratitude. As for our games, we hope you continue to enjoy playing them far into the future!

The Trion Worlds Team"

I'll be here until end of day and will either answer or forward your questions to the team.
    It has been a rare honor to share Telara with you all! I will still wander its pathways as an ordinary citizen. =)
    Brasse
    Brasse,

Thanks for all your work and best of luck in future endeavors. You may not have answers for me, but I still wanted to voice a question that hundreds of us are asking: What is to become of Atlas Reactor?

We know it isn't Trion's (now Gamigo's) most profitable game, and development had slowed to a crawl. Nevertheless, many of us still enjoy it and very much hope that at a minimum the servers will continue to operate. Additionally, many of us love the game and would like to continue to contribute out of passion -- many already did, as "Trion Creators," making art, stories, videos, streams, and blogs.

I run Tiggarius.com which is a strategy website with dozens of articles on Atlas Reactor, monthly tier lists, wiki information, links to videos, original lancer concepts, balance suggestions and much more. I also run the Zeus Quad ("ZQ") Discord, which is a large Atlas Reactor community and consists of many of the old pros, and have written a significant amount of "unofficial" lore for the game. These projects are done out of love, and I would like to continue to work on Atlas. Even if creation of new content is slow-to-nonexistent, we, the Atlas Community, will take it upon ourselves to do whatever needs doing. We ask that the servers be kept alive, that the game be kept alive. I don't think it would be hard to do this -- in fact, although I have never worked for Trion, my sense is that a single person could keep Atlas afloat. (Many have long wished that Trion would hire me for lancer development and balance changes, not to mention strategy, streaming and story, but I knew Trion did not have the resources for that.)

If nothing else, we hope for a dialogue between us and whoever the new folks at Gamigo are. Is there a channel by which we can speak to those involved in the future of Atlas Reactor?

Many thanks again for your work at Trion.

Best,

Tiggarius

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I doubt that. If the Gamesutra article is correct, 25 people to maintain all of Trion's games means there will be few to no content roll-outs for any of them. Since they're a mobile game company it'll probably just be more lockboxes until all blood from these IP's are squeezed dry.

It sucks too because Rift was always the MMO that fit my preferences best.
    not true. the post dose not say if they are hiring new people.

They could be keeping 25 MAIN rolls, like lore guy, main dev and so on, but hire band new and fresh ppl for the team and make it better.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    no.

/10chars
    how do you know that?

Gar
    Soulwalker

Unhappy ...

I'm sorry to hear this.. I love this game and I wish you all the best of luck on your future.
    I hope we can hear from you guys at some point in the future whether you guys form a new company and make new games or through Rift.
    Also on the point about Prime. I agree its days are numbered. Gamigo looks like a strictly F2P MMORPG / MMOG gaming company.

Rift Disciple

how do you know that?
    i play both. prime is quite dead
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Natia View Post
    i play both. prime is quite dead
    what are you talking about? Im on prime right now, we are ALOT of people online right now :P

Plane Walker

what are you talking about? Im on prime right now, we are ALOT of people online right now :P
    I think what they are asking is will Prime be supported going forward or will it be shut down. Looking at the Gamigo's game library, all their games are f2p and not gated behind subs. So Prime based on sub doesn't seem to fit in with their model. A possibility is Prime becomes f2p as well.
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 10-22-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Best of luck for the future to all Trion employees. It is unfortunate to all parties concerned that these layoffs are so closely following aquisition. Even in the best scenario this bodes very poor to the short term of Trion made games and depending on the level of spaghetti code could be impending demise for a game such as Rift.

Having just been through the aquisition of my other favorite game EvE online by Pearl Abyss there is a much darker cloud looming with how the studio has been apparently gutted.

That being said it is a beautiful game with so many unique and enjoyable features. It has been a magical journey as I came back just as Prime had been starting up and the enjoyment and exhaustion I got from playing through the starter content and then enjoying the Storm Legion launch even with the hiccups has been a memorable time in my mmo history. Thank You for the effort put into that project form one geek gamer to another.

Axe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast