+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
Like Tree847Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

For anyone interested:

Hello there, folks!

I am sooooo thrilled to be a part-time Pantheon Community Dwarf. I have a lot of faith in this fiesty, dedcated Dev team.

Kilsin is still your CM here, btw, I am here to help them set up for long-term success as we start moving into Pre-Alpha 4 and beyond. I'll DEFINITELY be a Pantheon player!

Brasse

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I am here to help them set up for long-term success as we start moving into Pre-Alpha 4 and beyond. I'll DEFINITELY be a Pantheon player!

Brasse
    So soon Brasse will have another army of low level chars that never reach end game, the Pantheon forums will be flooded with requests for female dwarfen beards, and people will be told to spend their money somewhere else when they don't like something about Pantheon.

What can possible go wrong?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    So soon Brasse will have another army of low level chars that never reach end game, the Pantheon forums will be flooded with requests for female dwarfen beards, and people will be told to spend their money somewhere else when they don't like something about Pantheon.

What can possible go wrong?
    Or when people ask her on live streams about balancing and new content releases she will laugh and spend an hour right after talking about dimensions and artifacts. She was an awful CM.
    Last edited by Damienriven; 11-23-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienriven View Post
    Or when people ask her on live streams about balancing and new content releases she will laugh and spend an hour right after talking about dimensions and artifacts. She was an awful CM.
    I miss Elrar.
    My Rogue level 60 solo build (revised on page 2): 36RS/36Sin/4Tac

Quote Originally Posted by Damienriven View Post
    And that there was probably the only answer she could give. As there was no plans for balancing or new content but she couldn't say that.

I could see a conversation like this happening...

CM "So people are getting a bit fed up, is there anything I can tell the people on the livestream about content or class changes?"

Boss "LOL no, we're focusing on re-skinned mounts and cosmetics"

CM "So what am I supposed to tell our customers?"

Boss "Just talk about dimensions and artifacts. People love that stuff."
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

When the naysayers said something is up in 2016, and again in 2017, we were shouted down. We saw the cash grabs for what it was. I received infractions for mentioning it. I remember when they went F2P. I remember when they put GSB relics on the AH. Then cane store bought gear right under BiS gear. Then they flat out made grind for weeks or pay money to have it now......... I have a grim satisfaction for being right. Love the hell out of this game, but the Devs got crappier. Management turned garbage. Started in May 2011, loved the system, community, and raids. Can't help but smile as the same CM who cut my forum speech is now gone. On to the next, hopefully something good this year. Rift will either die this year or become fun albeit slower than the golden years with content development.
    Pls respond

Telaran

Gotta agree with shayol.
    From my perspective it started with Trion going back on their word of never pay walling content.
    They did so by making earring slots casshop only. That was when I quit.
    We stayed longer than apotheosis, but followed mostly after oriya threw in the towel. No raids, no point in playing.

I received various infractions for stating this or mentioning that their customers are getting unhappy. They archived threads of people quitting. A guild mate of mine who was like an eternal pillar of being always up for dungeons at any time, was driven away by their foul development choices http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...catharsis.html

The rift you're playing today has absolute nothing to do with the former rift. Any guild "raiding" now, has not existed when rift actually had a raidscene. If they were, theyre one of thesesocial guilds. It is sad to see a good 500000 players leave and you cannot be bothered to deter your focus from trash games like defiance... that worked out well did it?

Rift is dead and will not be ressurected. Rift 2 tho...might have a valid chance of competing
    Last edited by Eomund; 12-18-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eomund View Post
    Any guild "raiding" now, has not existed when rift actually had a raidscene. If they were, theyre one of thesesocial guilds.
    Noone calls us a social guild :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Whatever happens, Rift was the most amazing gaming experience in my life and I doubt any other game will ever get me that hooked.
    Gamigo could make this game great again. Just needs a little love and lots of advertising.
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueWolf View Post
    Gamigo could make this game great again. Just needs a little love and lots of advertising.
    And huge pile of money, and 5-10 years of development. Just little love will give us nothing. And advertising of bad game would not help too.
    Last edited by Isp; 12-21-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    And huge pile of money, and 5-10 years of development. Just little love will give us nothing. And advertising of bad game would not help too.
    Maybe not 'great', but 'some investment' + '1-2 years of development' could make the game 'good' again.

I'm not hopeful. But I do think that one or two years of good development would turn RIFT into a healthy-ENOUGH lower-pop MMO in the early 2020s and onward.

Default gamigo's acqusition statement

The gamigo group acquires the majority of assets from Trion Worlds Inc., including publishing rights for the renowned MMOs ArcheAge, Trove, RIFT and Defiance 2050. The gamigo subsidiary gamigo US Inc. will publish and develop those titles in the future. we will see...

source https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/abou...o/#aquisitions
    /

Soulwalker

Unhappy Saddened and perturbed

I have loved Rift since beta.

Since October the information regarding the buy out was announced I have seen NO changes in Rift.. I have a couple questions for Gamesutra,

1) What do you mean by you are going to not release and update Rift, but were going to improve the "quality of life" for players? Gamigo web page there are mentioned that they have " made over 20 acquisitions since 2013." Including Trion and they plan to "publish and develop those titles in the future. " When, exactly, does the future start?

There are still notices in the game loading page and on the home page for Rift for Black Friday Deals and Fae Yule and many others that have dates that are long passed. They don't seem to even care to update, change or delete these announcements of events, etc. which have long passed.

2) Am I still paying for this game, or not. This has never been clarified. I have no interest in continuing to pay for a "subscription" when there is nothing happening and no explanations being given.

3) People have commented on the Forums that this buy out was a death-knell for Rift. Sadly, very sadly, I get the feeling that this has come to pass.

I will miss this adventure and all the people I have met and those who befriended me. Play on folks, but I am guessing not on Rift.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Unfortunately, a key factor that is perhaps intentionally left out is the initial investment of 50m US to create Telara beginning in 2006 with a 2011 release. Fact of the matter was the 100m US generated in the first year-year and a half. Also left out, conveniently is the fact that Gamigo leveraged Golden Gate around 32m.

Advertising the existing is and will be meaningless without genuine development and perhaps an engine refresh.

Take a long, hard look at the population of the RIFT team at release and also who was at the helm of Trion at that time. With the current population in the studio (If we can call it that) I do not see a real, tangible QoL now or down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cassieinbend View Post
    I have loved Rift since beta.

Since October the information regarding the buy out was announced I have seen NO changes in Rift.. I have a couple questions for Gamesutra,

1) What do you mean by you are going to not release and update Rift, but were going to improve the "quality of life" for players? Gamigo web page there are mentioned that they have " made over 20 acquisitions since 2013." Including Trion and they plan to "publish and develop those titles in the future. " When, exactly, does the future start?

There are still notices in the game loading page and on the home page for Rift for Black Friday Deals and Fae Yule and many others that have dates that are long passed. They don't seem to even care to update, change or delete these announcements of events, etc. which have long passed.

2) Am I still paying for this game, or not. This has never been clarified. I have no interest in continuing to pay for a "subscription" when there is nothing happening and no explanations being given.

3) People have commented on the Forums that this buy out was a death-knell for Rift. Sadly, very sadly, I get the feeling that this has come to pass.

I will miss this adventure and all the people I have met and those who befriended me. Play on folks, but I am guessing not on Rift.
    The lack of maintenance is abundantly clear at this point. A lack of a team to take on development also makes it perfectly clear that the future is in question. That all comes down to one thing EFFORT and FUNDING, something of which I do not see being in the cards.

With the number of titles acquired under the Trion takeover, 32m will not be sufficient in the least.
    So, Gamigo basically may have thrown a ton O cash into the incinerator.

Gamigo, et al, get your ducks in a row or return a bill to your investors...
    Banned

Champion

<insert greatness here>

<MAKE RIFT GREAT AGAIN!>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23