+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
Like Tree822Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Soulwalker

So what did they pay 18 mil for anyway?

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Linakis View Post
    So what did they pay 18 mil for anyway?
    Trove & Archage - they will continue, trove with reduced team and Archage developed by third party, Trion was just publishing it. Rest of the games will continue as is, maybe without much profit, but considering low upkeep it still will be some profit for a while.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Default The silence says it all

I used to work for a German company, and one thing you appreciate is the thoroughness in which they approach everything, and I can't see Gamigo being any different. My ex-company bought out about 5 firms in the time I was with them and each takeover was planned so that existing customers new exactly what was going to happen from day 1, the fact that there has been no real statement from Gamigo infers that they have no real interest in taking any of Trion's games forward.
    I have been with Rift from the beginning and believe it was a much better game than WoW, but failed when Trion got its hands on it and went f2p.
    I have gone back to WoW but really miss Rift - lets see what happens and hope Gamigo are just poor at public relations!

Soulwalker

I think that selling Rift was only a money qwestion. Not a qwestion of game redoing, closing or global changes. Rift team need money to add new content, to keep server online and good working, to do statistic researches for better game balance, find and fix some bugs etc. It all need time and money. I hope that ex-Trion team will get enough it for new game content with Gamigo. I try to support game donating as I can and I try continue to play even if it become p2p.
    Last edited by Kazzzaaa; 11-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzaaa View Post
    I think that selling Rift was only a money qwestion. Not a qwestion of game redoing, closing or global changes. Rift team need money to add new content, to keep server online and good working, to do statistic researches for better game balance, find and fix some bugs etc. It all need time and money. I hope that ex-Trion team will get enough it for new game content with Gamigo. I try to support game donating as I can and I try continue to play even if it become p2p.
    There is no ex trion team for rift, only trove will see development, but with reduced team. Rift only have people which will do weekly restarts and turn on/off events - don't expect new content.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxen View Post
    I have been with Rift from the beginning and believe it was a much better game than WoW, but failed when Trion got its hands on it and went f2p.
    Trion made Rift. They didn't "get their hands on it" and turned it bad. They have had it from the beginning. And then turned it bad.....
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 11-07-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Plane Walker

trion screwed itself over with the gamble boxes, among several other major issues ( taking on too much at once and having a mess for the teams to scramble around to deal with, didn't help things either).

this being said, the way things are currently for Rift. it would cost a lot of money just to maintain the servers, update anything, and a ton more money to actually add something worthwhile playing to rift (such as an expansion or big content upgrades)

Rift itself is at the mercy of whoever is left paying for subscriptions or wardrobe looks.

it would be a huge miracle if they are ever able to clean up the mess left behind by trions old management/owners and get things up and running by the end of this year.

my fingers are still crossed that something awesome will come. even if its later than what we want.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzaaa View Post
    Support? Donating? It's a for-profit business, not a charity. And none of the "new content, "statistic researches for better game balance," or "find and fix some bugs" will happen, so your money is going straight to the bank.

Telaran

I'll bet a lot of people cancelled their patron. I did. I think the longer they hold out updating Rift's player base, the worst its going to be for the game. People just want a simple letter/official announcement stating the future plans for Rift. Its not a lot to ask for. I started playing in June of 2017, the game seemed more stable back then, or perhaps it was just the 'newness' of it that captured my interest. This game was different, there was so much to do! not to mention dimensions. That alone was reason enough to stay. Whats really bothering me is the last stream I watched. Did the Devs know of this upcoming transition? because to me, they seemed a little nervous, like someone had said, 'ok, go out there and pretend that nothing is wrong'. To keep information from the players as to any changes is just wrong, in my opinion. If it wasn't for the players paying, there wouldn't be a game. I just felt that they were there to take our money for the 'last time' and leave the building laughing at our expense. Betrayed, thats the word I am looking for. For the Dev's that have been always 'got your back', they failed. The only thing they had were their own backs. I stopped my patron for now, I will be smarter with my money. There is nothing in this game at the moment that has me rushing to make a transaction. I just hope Gamigo or whoever is taking over realizes that the longer they wait to inform us, the worst its going to be. There won't be an active player base left. I would be interested to know just how many subs have been dropped because of this. (just curious). I still log in for the daily rewards, level up and craft but it certainly has lost alot of its sparkle for me.
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

Yay - Such a shame itís taken this long.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    Yay - Such a shame itís taken this long.
    Harshmallows EU!

One of my favourite times in RIFT.

World, go! World, go! World, go!

"rift Sicaron wipe"

And that other awesome Guild/Raid Leader as well.

All around nice people.

Have you found a home, yet? ESO is fun.
    a friendly dragon of old.
    be vewwy, vewwy quiet. Hunting Wabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    To be honest, I do not know who is staying and who is going.
    I am definitely out, and today is my last day. I'ma spend it on the forums and packing my stuff.

All Trion games will carry on.

I am sure that all game teams will fashion a Producer's Letter to let you know more once the transition is complete. I'll poke RIFT Dev to make sure they know I'm nagging until the last second, heh.

It has been so great to work on games that I love so much.
    Now that it's my last day, the gloves come off and I tell the trolls to ****, RIFT is still one of the best MMOGs out there. Someone can ban me for that comment later. =)
    I love you all so much.
    Brasse

Her comments kinda say it all, they speak more of her attitude and character than ours. Nice to treat the very players who played the game that kept you in a job for so long. Tsk Tsk not very professional.
    Have you ever wanted to?

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxen View Post
    Um, Trion is the originator of RIFT. It began development in 2006 and released in 2011. RIFT is the game that put Trion on the map under the CEO, Lars Buttler who left the company prior to Hartsman taking us into the F2P area. RIFT bankrolled other titles including the failed Devillian.
    Unfortunately, these other titles took precedence over RIFT and Prime was a desperation move prior to Trion going belly up.

The other question is... Is Gamigo, et al honorable? Regardless of country of origin.
    Banned

In the world of money, honorability has not existed for a long time. Anyone who believes this lives in a fantasy world. Every change of ownership brings with it changes. To give information after only one month is not possible at all, because an inventory of the acquired is necessary. Normally the Germans are very thorough in these things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22