+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree856Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

It is just a waiting game now. There doesn't appear to be bug fixes going on and no knew info from the new company. (guild roster still doesn't display locations!)

To me, this does not bode well. So, I guess we play in maintenance mode for a bit until we hear from the new company, if we do! Everything is simply speculation for now.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skrell View Post
    Legal documents makes my head hurt. But on that third document it seems like Trion was in trouble for for violating CA penal code 319 which talks about illegal lotteries. Did the lock boxes do them in or am I misunderstanding this?

Maybe the move away from lock boxes had nothing to do with trying to go away from random chance and instead they were in trouble for that practice.

It also talks about their motion that they did not know the law but it was overruled, if I am reading it right. So maybe they have been fighting this and they can not win it and it is why they ended the company.

It also mentions a case management conference on this issue that was to be held on 10-26 but then the company basically dissolves on the 22nd.
    ----
    Just adding my 2 cents while we wait for any details
    I don't think that particular lawsuit was a great threat, the Petitioners seemed to have a weak case.
    But the document does reveal that Trion [a Delaware corporation] intends to dissolve the company within 90 days. [The board must vote for dissolution of the company].

To achieve this Trion must:

a) file a Certificate of Dissolution but before they can
    b) must pay all Delaware State Tax and applicable annual franchise tax reports.

As a side note, if correct, it looks like their California lease is non-extendible and expires 2/28/19. At a cost of 125k a month.
    They still have a lot on their plate.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 10-31-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Default The way I see it

Worst case would be some servers might get shut down rift will go on

Default Cautious Optimism

As a guild leader on DW and having some of the most amazing guild mates anyone could ask for, I am continuing to hope that all will be well for Rift.

I know I am not alone when I say that I have been fortunate to find and build my "virtual family" here. I started playing this game in beta for "hack and slash" therapy to escape the mundane world, however briefly, whenever time allowed.

In that mundane world, I have been an employee of companies that have bought out, and been bought in mergers. Some went well, some did not. Even in the good instances, communication to the remaining employees was slow. It was even slower to the customers affected.

As having been on both sides of the employee fence (retained vs let go), my deepest sympathies go out to those who lost their jobs this time of year. Not that it's worth much, but I'll be happy to be a reference from a customer side, should you wish to tag me. To those who remain, be vigilant, patient, and prepare for changes. Those are inevitable with acquisitions.

So, until more information is passed down from Gamingo (or whoever is in charge of Rift) directly, I will remain cautiously optimistic. I have removed all paying information on their site, in order to protect myself. I have recommended the same to my guild mates. But I'll keep playing until I cannot.

Cheers Rift and hang in there Time Bandits!!!! Here's to keeping hope afloat!!

Maladie@Deepwood

Soulwalker

RIP. SHOUT OUT TO THE BOIS 420

All I know is that Autumn Harvest is broken
    >>>>> Taj@Greybriar <<<<<
    > Playing Rift Since Beta 3 <

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Have we heard anything new about the employees making the transition to Gamigo?

MMO Fallout posted a document filed with San Mateo County Court on October 26 saying
    "All of the employees of Trion have been terminated effective October 22, 2018"

drive.google.com/drive/folders/11qVsq04tULZPbCzk9bNmdQdNOtKwalXQ

Am I reading something wrong? I might be the greatest bird lawyer in NA but sometimes legal wording goes over my head.

How did you get manage to get these documents?

Quote Originally Posted by Salori View Post
    How did you get manage to get these documents?
    They are publicly available on the San Mateo court website when you search up the case.

to note: the case is about archeage and trion. It only mentions the dissolution and not rift.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 11-01-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Champion

At this point people should be worried. I mean let's face it. Say you are a publisher that buy out games from another publisher and your intentions is to make it work and for the games to go on.

Your very first thing after the buy out is damage control. You together with other employe will make sure that the player base of the games you intend to lead on will get all their questions answered. You would not want to loose players over this, but to ensure them that you will do what ever you can to make this work and figure things out with the player base.

You will also leave people in the forum that can answer upcoming posts until the whole thing is settled and you got it all working and running. There is no damage control at all. Gamigo left the players to worry, to step back to get unwilling feelings to invest time and money in to the game until they get some sort of information. None of this happen so far except from some hum hum hum hum posts that tell you nothing.

Nothing of this have happened and this is a bad sign. Damage control is what a solid company always do first.

At this point i would suggest for the player base to make noice. To question what is going on and ask for answers from them. There been enough waiting time.
    I know some already tried, but reach outside of the forums. Reddit for example and remember there are more reddit chanells then just the RIFT one.

Telaran

Default About time!

I don't understand what all the fuss is about, since the no trials traps gimmicks Trion has done all it can to do less and make more. Each expansion was less impressive than the previous and anyone could see they were bilking their fanbase and playerbase of more money for less product. Brass and other of the last "Devs" were only around to lie and tell stories about what the company was doing. I mean the last expansion was a re-release of the original game! But you had to pay for it..again... lol. how the entire playerbase didn't toss their arms up and walk away then is beyond me.

Thank goodness Trion is done, and done running their games into the ground. Thank goodness everyone that was part of the crap that was Trion in the last few years is given the opportunity to get out of an obviously brutally run sinking ship.

Hopefully Gamigo gets out the electric paddles, but surely if they do nothing to the game no one will really notice a difference.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by drexxed View Post
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about, since the no trials traps gimmicks Trion has done all it can to do less and make more. Each expansion was less impressive than the previous and anyone could see they were bilking their fanbase and playerbase of more money for less product. Brass and other of the last "Devs" were only around to lie and tell stories about what the company was doing. I mean the last expansion was a re-release of the original game! But you had to pay for it..again... lol. how the entire playerbase didn't toss their arms up and walk away then is beyond me.

Thank goodness Trion is done, and done running their games into the ground. Thank goodness everyone that was part of the crap that was Trion in the last few years is given the opportunity to get out of an obviously brutally run sinking ship.

Hopefully Gamigo gets out the electric paddles, but surely if they do nothing to the game no one will really notice a difference.
    I agree that Trion was mismanaged into bankruptcy (that much is evident), but even the trained and experienced devs were having trouble with broken tools and other problems. When gamigo laid them off without even having them train a new team, they made a bad problem immeasurably worse. Rift's codebase isn't just a locked door anymore; no one even knows where the keyhole is. If they're smart, they'll just keep selling cosmetics and try not to break it. Rift has a lot of existing content, and there's sure to be customers who don't mind shelling out cash for a static game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    and there's sure to be customers who don't mind shelling out cash for a static game.
    Final Fantasy XI has been on 'care and maintenance' with SUBS for the last three years after the last content update and still has more than enough players to keep it running.

Prophet of Telara

The silence is deafening.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    Damage control is what a solid company always do first.
    This is not always the case, customer retention is only important if you have a player base you want to retain. We are customers who signed on during the old model, the model that failed. We're remnants of a failed system. If they have new plans then they are going to try to grow in areas and obtain customers through their new plan. Either that or shut down.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rThrones View Post
    This is not always the case, customer retention is only important if you have a player base you want to retain. We are customers who signed on during the old model, the model that failed. We're remnants of a failed system. If they have new plans then they are going to try to grow in areas and obtain customers through their new plan. Either that or shut down.
    Which i also very clearly said. IF they are intersted in maintaining the game and the playerbase means exactly that. A companty that buys a mmo and then do not adress the players for over 3 weeks do not have those plans. At this point i am ready to belive that they have no plans at all for RIFT. If they did they would not want to loose players but at this point is obvious they do not have any intentions that is positive for the game and the players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast