+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree856Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Transitioning, question and comment thread!

Yeah so.. Quick question.. uhhh, did you guys pack all the old PvP content like "Conquest" and "PvP RIFTs" on a small little memory card or Micro SD, if so, could I purchase it?.. Would love to return those awesome features that were once removed at PvP's climb/Peak.

PS. I'm serious...

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Cool Hopeful...

So I've recently come back to Rift, again... as one does with MMOs. I came back out of curiosity when Autumn Harvest started, and promptly got sucked back in. Rift remains a great, underappreciated MMO in this space, and anyone that thinks the game is "dead" need only log in during these events to see there is still a ton of interest in the game. I DO think that some people in charge of Trion made some really dumb decisions that have hurt the game and led to this.

I will however say that it's very, VERY sad that so many of the team is being let go... I think that is a mistake on Gamigo's part, as I said, I think that the fault in the game is from mismanagement, not the boots-on-the-ground developers and designers. I do believe that Rift will live on. They didn't spend all that money on Trion to just shut down it's flagship game. I DO however find myself fearful at the direction they might take it... which might then lead to it's ultimate demise. I choose to remain hopeful though.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    I will play ANY game that Dead Simon is part of.
    This ^

While i'm sad for all the staff that have lost their jobs, Simon is probably the main reason i'm still here after 7 years. The content he was a part of has kept me entertained since the beginning,(even if it did play into my o.c.d. of having to get them all!) i'm gutted that its potentially come to an end. Tok 2 was definitely something I had been looking forward to so sad to see all that effort amount to this.

To all the staff affected, good luck for the future.

Mittz
    Mittz - Zav

Well this sucks, but I hope all those who lost their jobs land on their feet.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Default Gamingo

Thanks to Clowd's recent Article, and some further digging, hopefully we will soon hear from Remco Westermann, CEO of Gamigo.

A couple of links that describe a little about their philosophy/systems:

https://gamertoken.io/faq.php

Tokenfoundry
    Last edited by Dizbo; 10-24-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfMilk View Post
    P.S Considering how much Iím enjoying Warframe now, maybe DE can pick up Brasse.
    I'd rather DE not take the path of Daybreak Games and Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    Very sorry and upset, wishing you all nothing but the best, reminiscing

I cannot love this enough so had to quote it to show extra love.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsman View Post
    This is interesting also:

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...-partnerships/

Seeing that Trion paid for this acquisition, three months before throwing in the towel, looks bad indeed. Very hard to see what Hartsman and company were thinking about.

On the other hand, the graphic is a great example of what not to do for marketing, and should go into the LOL Hall of Fame.
    My mind BOGGLES over how they "missed" checking "Starfall Prophecy" for outstanding trademarks....
    I don't work in the industry but it /sounds/ kind of incompetent.
    "It's called 'Chaotic Good', not chaotic nice."

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Appsman View Post
    This is interesting also:

https://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/...-partnerships/

Seeing that Trion paid for this acquisition, three months before throwing in the towel, looks bad indeed. Very hard to see what Hartsman and company were thinking about.

On the other hand, the graphic is a great example of what not to do for marketing, and should go into the LOL Hall of Fame.

That's a lot of big talk that amounted to absolutely nothing, and the acquisition of Gazillion assets undoubtedly didn't help the bottom line any (and might have even been the last nail in the coffin). Way to run a company into the ground.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky Beauty View Post
    My mind BOGGLES over how they "missed" checking "Starfall Prophecy" for outstanding trademarks....
    I don't work in the industry but it /sounds/ kind of incompetent.
    Who would confuse an education charity with a video game expansion? Litigious people who know the looks of "VIDEO GAME COMPANY STEALS MONEY FROM CHILDREN" can make them a quick buck, that's who.

Besides, 98.5% of everything is trademarked in some industry.

It's like American Legion suing Blizzard. Ridiculous. But Blizzard is big enough to have the high-powered lawyers and public perception on their side.

hello untarg

Default Transition

For those who are leaving, thank you for your efforts over the years. I hope you find a place that suits your talents soon and that is becomes a new home.

For those of us staying, may the future be as bright as we hope under new leadership. Anything less, would be unacceptable.
    Education is a continuous journey, not a singular goal.

{Faeblight} [Main] AlhoraDannon (70-Mage), Ellowyn (70-Primalist), Venus (70-Cleric), Neo (60-Rogue), Thedungeonmaster (60-Mage), Sparticus (60-Warrior), Merlyn (Mage-60), Galdalf (Mage-14),...more

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfMilk View Post
    RIFT will still be my favorite MMORPG, having played it on and off since 2013. Played TRIONís other title Defiance, but everyone saw where that game was heading and it was not in the right direction. Itís just sad to see this happen to not TRION, but Rift. Pretty sure Gamingo will have no idea what to do with Rift, and for One Iím glad Iím not playing Rift anymore thou I thought of returning to see whatís new. Now I donít even feel like doing that. All I can say is, goodluck to all of TRIONís current and now ex-employees.

P.S Considering how much Iím enjoying Warframe now, maybe DE can pick up Brasse.
    Yes! A brilliant plan to get her to finally start recommending that people play Rift over other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnth View Post
    If you extremely talented and caring bunch decide to get together and make a Morphing game I would be there in a sec.
    As would I - in a heartbeat! Please do. Please, please, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    I've read that only 25 were offered a job out of 200+ employees. So that's actually closer to 90%.
    My math sucks

But from what I have since read, they have kept 25 in the Austin, TX base and 25 in the Redwood City,CA base. Blockescense, Gamigo, and you
    "As for the teams at Trion, the latest updated report from Gamasutra indicates that 25 people at the Redwood, CA, and 25 at the Austin, TX studios remain with Trion, for a total of 50."

Still, 50 out of 200+ - my heart aches for those people that were let go without concrete warning. Yes, rumors spread through employees like wildfire but I've been in the position where I've seen what was going on in a company and my gut told me what was going to happen. The stress of not knowing whether it's going to be you or not creates such awful tension. Then when you find out in the morning that it's your last day...it still feels like a lethal blow to that same gut. At least 50 people were extremely relieved when it happened. I hope they continue to have job security without a hostile work environment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast