+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 08/03: Hellbug Invasion

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFTstream 08/03: Hellbug Invasion

This Friday, August 3, 2018, join us live on Twitch for our weekly RIFTstream.

This week the RIFTstream host is Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges (Community Manager, RIFT), along with special guests Christa “Salvatrix” Cates (Senior Game Designer, RIFT) and and Nicholas "Captain Cursor" McDowell (Senior Game Designer, RIFT). Together they are showing off the new Call-to-Action Hellbug event and discussing future fun events in RIFT.

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, August 3, 2018
    11:30 AM PDT: Hellbug Invasion
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We simulcast on RIFT’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but remember that in order to get in on the prize giveaways, you have to in Twitch chat!

Want to ask questions for the livestream or chat about the stream? Post your questions in this thread!

Shield of Telara

If we don't hear before the livestream, what is happening with the bugged daily quest for Call to Action: Hellbugs? Will the missed motes from day one be given to all players?

How often will the Call to Action events be run (guesstimate is fine)?

There is an answer for this but maybe worth mentioning in the livestream what is happening with the old Promo Event currencies.

Plane Touched

More events, more jerks. Zone events are plagued with people who are not mentoring, despite the lack of rewards. Will there be actions taken to combat this problem? Why is planar equity a small damage reduction and not a 100% damage reduction? Nightmare Rifts already have stackable debuffs that reduce healing by 100%, so why isn't there one for damage to stop people from nuking bosses?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    More events, more jerks. Zone events are plagued with people who are not mentoring, despite the lack of rewards. Will there be actions taken to combat this problem? Why is planar equity a small damage reduction and not a 100% damage reduction? Nightmare Rifts already have stackable debuffs that reduce healing by 100%, so why isn't there one for damage to stop people from nuking bosses?
    This is why, instead of adding hellbug events to low level zones, they should have made a couple VP events out of this. Until Live gets auto-mentoring like Prime has this will continue to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    This is why, instead of adding hellbug events to low level zones, they should have made a couple VP events out of this. Until Live gets auto-mentoring like Prime has this will continue to be an issue.
    Automentoring will never work unless they have a way to adjust our Eternals, I'm not running around without my procs unless I'm doing ZE's. A debuff such as a ramped up Planar Equity will do just as well.

With that, will we see a possible bump in how often the relevant ZE's pop? It seems that as of now Agressive Colonization goes off way too little, causing EVERYONE and the kitchen sink to descend on a few rifts.(not helped by the 70's)

Quote Originally Posted by Youkaiyami View Post
    Automentoring will never work unless they have a way to adjust our Eternals, I'm not running around without my procs unless I'm doing ZE's. A debuff such as a ramped up Planar Equity will do just as well.

With that, will we see a possible bump in how often the relevant ZE's pop? It seems that as of now Agressive Colonization goes off way too little, causing EVERYONE and the kitchen sink to descend on a few rifts.(not helped by the 70's)
    Eternal procs have been nerfed when mentored since patch 4.5 afaik. I too, think that auto mentoring should come to live, or at least you should be auto-mentored when a (non-Unstable) zone event is running. Then you could still shard hop to another shard if you want to handle your business in that zone on your actual level.

In general, I think ZE endbosses could also huse a HP buff, many of them can be easily killed by 2-3 people, even when mentored.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Eternal procs have been nerfed when mentored since patch 4.5 afaik. I too, think that auto mentoring should come to live, or at least you should be auto-mentored when a (non-Unstable) zone event is running. Then you could still shard hop to another shard if you want to handle your business in that zone on your actual level.

In general, I think ZE endbosses could also huse a HP buff, many of them can be easily killed by 2-3 people, even when mentored.
    Eternals do not proc at all when mentored, so I would rather have a NMT Rift/Planar Equity style where you are affected for the Boss. Perhaps a during ZE mentoring, but not all the time.
    Last edited by Youkaiyami; 08-02-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Automentoring is a pain. They need to just remove damage coming from players who are not eligible for EXP
    Last edited by Mizuki Ayu; 08-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.

When (roughly) will we start hearing more about whatever raid is currently being worked on? I know you can't say anything concrete, but a general time frame would be nice without the usual "soon tm".

When will the next round of balance changes be? We had a lot of warrior changes which have brought warriors to a place where every class should ideally be where you can play just about any spec and be viable in a raid. Granted it just comes down to specific encounters/situations. It would be great to hear some kind of time frame for that as well.

On the topic of class balance, will we see any nerfs brought to Commander Isiel in Bastion of Steel? The balance changes brought the averages down across the board and especially so for average players who can no longer meet the strenuous check for commander whereas they were able to prior. It would be nice to see a damage and or HP nerf to that specific boss.

Are we ever going to see the Utilla Resistance boxes become BoA? For the vast majority of people, that's the only realistic access they have to gear up alts as the only alternatives for necklaces are Normal TD and Autumn Harvest. TDNM has a chance to not give you a neck at all due to the way the loot table works if you're unlucky enough to have that happen. Not to mention that most people don't want to run it that often anymore.

Just as a general TLDR question: Will we be seeing any actual NEW content (non event related raids, new zone, dungeons, quests, ect) before the end of the year or will it be more likely after the new year in the 1st/2nd quarter? Again, I understand why you can't always give definite time frames, but the team realistically needs to at least be up front about this. Many people feel as though their money is being wasted and would rather save said money in the meantime if there's nothing new coming in the near future.

Unfortunately you're in a position where you can either give us small doses of info updates or just leave us in the dark (damned if you do and damned if you don't situation) but I think most would rather have the small doses even if those doses aren't set in stone and or can change / get dropped.

Events
    Events are great and I'm glad they're being revamped to be more consistent throughout the year rather than coming/going without ever seeing it again for 2+ years. Most people don't doubt that a lot of work goes into these events, but it's not content, not the kind we really need right now. That being said, I think you outdid yourself this year with summerfest and the wardrobes, dimension items and mounts you introduced. I actually had quite a few people in my guild on hiatuses come back just to buy summerfest stuff.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-03-2018 at 08:04 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

1.Amary in previous livestreams said that there will be 3 big content update this year.
    Is this still the plan ?
    2.Vostigar Peaks zone need asap new zone events (even copy zone events from other zones) Can this happen ?
    3.Live needs new content (except the promo/seasonal events that are nice addition ofc).
    What are your plans for the future of this expansion story ? Will we have new quests to do ? Or maybe even a new zone ?
    4. Pvp needs some love. Damage/healing need some tuning.Also pvp needs a reward system.

Shadowlander

How is the fragment change coming along?
    Will air essences ever give air resist?

Please address real issues and stop with the Fluff

Default A couple of questions, trying to keep them realistic and achievable

1. Fragment changes have been mentioned again so a question on that;

When it does come, are your plans to bring everyone back to the 'start'? Or will previous effort have some weighting? Not fussed either way, but it would be useful to know.

2. Events seem to be a hot topic so a question on that (slightly long, but bare with me);

During Grim Rememberence Live never really saw the Shimmersand event, the Hellbug event is incredibly rare, and it's still very difficult to force spawn an event with a group of people even with the Fatestones. The messages you receive when trying to use a Fatestone are confusing and getting the minimum number of people in a zone on a specific server long enough to spawn an event is also difficult, particularly as you don't know if the server is on cooldown or already has an event queued.

In summary, could we see some tweaks in the way events are spawned. Do we really need a minimum amount of people on Live anymore on a specific server? Can we make fatestones more useful and predictable (i.e. make it override a queue, guarantee it on at least 1 server?) And wheres the Yriwalach (Tyrants Throne) event fatestone you said you would get us on a previous stream XD? Still waiting!

3. PvP question, don't worry it's nice and easy;

Could we see the player requirements for the PvP battle ground "Bronze Tomb" lowered please to 5-10 like the others. Otherwise it will never spawn. Don't think I've seen it spawn in a whole year. I'm sure it would still be fun with 5-10 players.

5. Any ETA on cross server Auction House?

It was mentioned during a live stream recently. It's a great idea. Currently I have to search every single server on an alt account for items/artifacts/dimensions stuff etc. and then trade them over!

Edit: I struggle to count to 4.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-03-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

I think sal said existing fragments cannot be altered without bugging the game so a new set would need to be leveled

Shadowlander

I just wanted to say thank you for the Hellbug event.
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    If we don't hear before the livestream, what is happening with the bugged daily quest for Call to Action: Hellbugs? Will the missed motes from day one be given to all players?
    The bug was fixed this morning and we are working on running a script to make sure players get their missed motes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast