+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 08/03: Hellbug Invasion

Good questions from everyone!

I have a couple of my own to add to the mix if that is okay?

1: New currencies - may have been addressed already but what will the conversion rate be between the old mayhem currencies (bird seed, temporal gears etc) and the new chaos mote currency - will this be a straight 1:1 ratio as those old ones still had to be earned by grinding the events first time round? (and how frustrating was it to get within 30 of the amount needed to buy the budgie/unicorn etc and then have them disappear for 2 years!)

2:Content vs Events. I am really glad to see a return of some short term events, these worked well in making things interesting for players who were all at end game content, and although these may be a bit of a recycling of some older existing events they are still welcome,

However I wanted to ask if the time and resource spent getting these back and working (although the hellbug one has a few "minor" issues) is something that has been a compromise reached by the team in order that some "content" be pushed out to players on Live while the actual new content is being worked on? (sorry long question there!)

3: my favorite - communication - it is slowly but surely improving in terms of quantity of comms coming from your good selves, however I think you still need to energise things a little bit more, and with that in mind - What are your plans for communicating to all your players the changes, challenges, and opportunities that might be possible given your recent procurement and subsequent downsizing - I guess the question is will there be new titles as a result, or will this allow for additional game models/modes for things like Rift - maybe even a move to new tech that allows cross shard auction houses etc???

enuff from me...not so much a tuppenceworth, more like ten pence worth!

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Hey all, I've collected the questions we can answer. Since neither Amary nor Archonix will be on this RIFTstream, any of the questions related to expansions, upcoming new content, etc., can't be answered at this time. We are aware that you want answers but we just can't share that information at this time. Thank you for your continued patience.

General of Telara

I think the next stream you do you just have whoever is now in charge of Rift sitting in front of the camera and answering the questions from us. No game play, no anecdotes, just them sitting there reading and answering every question. No skipping or picking what you want to answer. If you have no answer then you read the question aloud and say "I have no answer sorry"

This game needs new content. Fresh brand new content such as dungeons, zones, quest lines, raids and gear systems to go with alongside system updates.

The quality of live changes are a good thing (is the fragment changes coming to PTS soon?) The Call to Action events are good and give something for players to do. I have been asking for Mayhem events to come back for a while but I am personally not interested in watching a livestream about it.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Good questions from everyone!

I have a couple of my own to add to the mix if that is okay?

1: New currencies - may have been addressed already but what will the conversion rate be between the old mayhem currencies (bird seed, temporal gears etc) and the new chaos mote currency - will this be a straight 1:1 ratio as those old ones still had to be earned by grinding the events first time round? (and how frustrating was it to get within 30 of the amount needed to buy the budgie/unicorn etc and then have them disappear for 2 years!)
    In another thread it was stated that the conversion rate for old currency will be 1:1 (old currency to motes).

Found the post that talks about converting old promo currencies.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 08-03-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Prophet of Telara

So it's been a full month since we had a real dev stream and you won`t talk about the stuff that ACTUALLY matters ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    The bug was fixed this morning and we are working on running a script to make sure players get their missed motes.
    Thank you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2