+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bonus XP Aug 2 – Aug 6

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Bonus XP Aug 2 – Aug 6

This week, get bonus XP in both RIFT and RIFT Prime!

From August 2, 2018 at 12:01 AM PDT until August 6, 2018 at 11:59 PM PDT, earn 50% more experience in RIFT and RIFT Prime. And, don’t forget to participate in our Call-to-Action Hellbug event going on at the same time.

This is the perfect opportunity to level an alt or catch up with your friends on RIFT Prime! Enjoy bonus XP until August 6, 2018!

Default No announcement on log-in?

Are the XP and token boosts in effect? There was no announcement on log-in as there normally is.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    Are the XP and token boosts in effect? There was no announcement on log-in as there normally is.
    The bonus XP is in effect. However, some users are seeing a UI issue that we are currently investigating.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Hi all,

Our team has been able to confirm a UI bug that is affecting how players see the bonus XP. Rest assured, you are indeed getting bonus XP, though. We are working on a fix for this but there is not yet an ETA.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team

is this ui bug keeping all chat exp text, the experience bar and the floating exp numbers all from reflecting the xp boost and when you fix it we will suddenly gain a bunch of unearned exp? because all three are matching each other visually, there is zero indication of it working on the client side what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all,

Our team has been able to confirm a UI bug that is affecting how players see the bonus XP. Rest assured, you are indeed getting bonus XP, though. We are working on a fix for this but there is not yet an ETA.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team
    Unlike the actual NOT WORKING XP BONUS on Prime link here ---> XP Bonus Broken on Prime

I also checked the Live side and on Live it all checks out. During each of my tests on two different accounts and multiple characters, the Bonus XP was being applied.
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

i just rolled a new toon, looks to me there's no extra xp gained

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you,

-RIFT Team
    It's not a simple UI bug.

Doing a carnage with a buddy that has no bonus other than patron, he recieved 1.647.239 XP for the carnage. His chatlog showed 1.647.239 XP and his XP bar went up by 1.647.239 XP.

I have Loyalty bonus, so my number was bigger, 1.764.900. Same quest, in group together in Vostigar Peaks.

Not a simple UI bug, it's really not active.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellwisher View Post
    i just rolled a new toon, looks to me there's no extra xp gained
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    It's not a simple UI bug.

Doing a carnage with a buddy that has no bonus other than patron, he recieved 1.647.239 XP for the carnage. His chatlog showed 1.647.239 XP and his XP bar went up by 1.647.239 XP.

I have Loyalty bonus, so my number was bigger, 1.764.900. Same quest, in group together in Vostigar Peaks.

Not a simple UI bug, it's really not active.
    Were these both on Live?

I will grab a third account and test again shortly.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    Were these both on Live?

Considering I'm mentioning VP, a level 70 zone not available on Prime, I'd say.... Yes

Edit: Just tested again, this time with a lowbie in Sanctum. I gained the same amount of xp on my XP bar as was listed in the chatbox as well as the combined XP in the questlog. Bonus still not active and we are halfway through the event.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 08-03-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Thumbs up Multiple tests still show it working.

Were these both on Live?

I did a test with a third account with the same results.

Considering I'm mentioning VP, a level 70 zone not available on Prime, I'd say.... Yes

Edit: Just tested again, this time with a lowbie in Sanctum. I gained the same amount of xp on my XP bar as was listed in the chatbox as well as the combined XP in the questlog. Bonus still not active and we are halfway through the event.
    Honestly, I was doing so much that night I overlooked the full content of your post. With that said, I have now tested this on three accounts and multiple characters per account. It still shows working.

I gained 594 XP with a breakdown of 195 (Base XP) 195 (Rested XP), 204 (Bonus XP) - Couldn't get the stupid attachment to work.

Soulwalker

I gained 594 XP with a breakdown of 195 (Base XP) 195 (Rested XP), 204 (Bonus XP) - Couldn't get the stupid attachment to work.
    I am still only showing base XP+Loyalty bonus+Patron bonus.

Normal quest, Element Zero, in Vostigar Peaks - 1.780.800
    +10% from Loyalty Treasure Map - 178.080
    +40% from Patron bonus - 712.320
    Total amount = 2.671.200
    Total bonus = 890.400

Carnage: Drained Wretches in VP - 1.176.600
    +10% - 117.660
    +40% - 470.640
    Total amount = 1.764.900
    Total bonus = 588.300

Where's the 50% bonus? Due to timezone differences, it should be active for several more hours (edit: and one full day, as I just noticed) as I type this. Even if it was turned off before time, that carnage amount is the same amount I got the other day when it should have been active.

But it is not active. My XP bar still went up by only 1.764.900 XP both today and 3 days ago.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 08-05-2018 at 03:51 PM.

I am still only showing base XP+Loyalty bonus+Patron bonus.

Normal quest, Element Zero, in Vostigar Peaks - 1.780.800
    +10% from Loyalty Treasure Map - 178.080
    +40% from Patron bonus - 712.320
    Total amount = 2.671.200
    Total bonus = 890.400

Carnage: Drained Wretches in VP - 1.176.600
    +10% - 117.660
    +40% - 470.640
    Total amount = 1.764.900
    Total bonus = 588.300

Where's the 50% bonus? Due to timezone differences, it should be active for several more hours (edit: and one full day, as I just noticed) as I type this. Even if it was turned off before time, that carnage amount is the same amount I got the other day when it should have been active.

But it is not active. My XP bar still went up by only 1.764.900 XP both today and 3 days ago.
    I do not believe it works for quests, only for kills.

Soulwalker

I do not believe it works for quests, only for kills.
    It has not been stated it was for kills only. All the published material only says "bonus xp", not "bonus xp for kills".

Also, with this sentence in the OP: "This is the perfect opportunity to level an alt or catch up with your friends on RIFT Prime!" it really doesn't make sense to have it Kills only. How much XP do you actually get from kills compared to quests? Tiny amounts. Not enough to warrant that point in the announcement.

And of course, I just noticed this little thing in the launcher

It says double xp, not just 50%
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 08-06-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Been playing on and off since Closed Beta. I have 4 15-days codes and I just lost 1 because I decided to come back and use this 2X (2 TIMES not just 50% and not just for kills) to get back on tracks. This is the last straw for me with Rift. Totally incompetent team. Cya in other games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast