+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiance 2050 Invades RIFT Aug 2 – Aug 6

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Defiance 2050 Invades RIFT Aug 2 – Aug 6

Hellbugs have invaded Telara! Get in there and save the world, Ascended!

Prevent these Hellbugs from their aggressive colonization of Telara. These suspiciously familiar invaders have jumped from the other worldly city of San Francisco to Telara to try and make it their home. Don’t let them gain a foothold as they spread from one end of Mathosia to the other.

Call-to-Action Event

From Thursday, August 2, 2018 beginning at 12:01 AM PDT until Monday, August 6, 2018 at 11:59 PM PDT, Hellbugs from Defiance 2050 will invade RIFT! During this limited-time event, Hellbug Rifts will spawn more frequently throughout Telara (on both Live and Prime). Additionally, new zones have been added to their rampage, including Scarwood Reach, Shimmersand, Iron Pine Peak, and Ember Isle.

Participating in this Call to Action event can net you some unique prizes. Completing these Hellbug Rifts have a chance to award you:
    • Minor XP or Token Boosts (15%)
    • Bonus Currency
    • Special Dimension Items
    • Minions (Live only)
    • Wardrobe Skin Items & Bundles
    • Special Mounts (including three not previously released on Live)
    Note that on Live, zone events use personal loot IRCs. Players get two free rolls per zone per day, after that, they are charged. Prime however, has no gating on rolls.

Hellbug Sale

Besides the event itself, the RIFT store will have special Hellbugs you can purchase as well. The sale runs from Wednesday, August 1, 2018 after the servers come up (approximately 9:00 AM PDT) until Wednesday, August 15, 2018 until the servers go down for maintenance (approximately 6:00 AM PDT).
    • Hellbug Mounts
    • Hellbug Combat Pet Skin Bundle
    • Unique Pet – Tartarus
    • Votan Fragger Rifle Wardrobe Skin
    • New Dimension Items including Hellbug NPCs
    These Hellbug goodies are largely available for either Credits or the new in-game Chaos Mote currency. However, a few are Credit-only.

We here at Trion Worlds, Inc. are excited for Defiance 2050. The RIFT team welcomes the new game into our fold with this new Hellbug-themed event! Also, be on the lookout for upcoming new Call-to-Action events, to spice up your time in Telara. We hope to see you in-game, Ascended!

Telaran

Before all this new currency blunder happens can we get all these currency items to stop being items and moved into the currencies tab where they belong?

Plane Walker

Would have loved to see a VP event out of this.

Just reskin the footholds to act like hellbug footholds, and have a giant hellbug be the final boss. He'll give it the second exact abilities as the giant TRex one.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-31-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Plane Touched

Not to mention .. why is this doubling over summerfest, which they already said would be extended a week? Haven't we had enough doubled events lately?

Quote Originally Posted by VeeK View Post
    Before all this new currency blunder happens can we get all these currency items to stop being items and moved into the currencies tab where they belong?
    Chaos Motes are already on the currency tab.

Otherworldly Sourcestones, from the Grim Remembrance event (which this post is not about), are not, and should be IMO.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    Not to mention .. why is this doubling over summerfest, which they already said would be extended a week? Haven't we had enough doubled events lately?
    I agree with this. It is becoming so frustrating that there are so many over lapping events. Is this event going to be repeated? Summerfest we have to wait another year. Is this a once then over or will you do it again? I really hate trying to have to divide my time on this. IDK why you guys did not wait a week until doing this event.

Shadowlander

Defiance 2050 is not a new game but the old one renamed. A million forum complaints over this already on other forums.

Soo its another item to the rift store really and just some footholds?

Nothing worth returning for sorry

This event is one time only ? We have to try and get as many items as we can with the currency this time or it will happen again in the future ?
    Im excited to see the new items i can get
    Also the drops (mounts,wardrobe etc) come from the Hellbug Rifts or from completing the zone events ?
    The 3 new mounts that are random drops are different from these on sale on Rift store and available for currency ?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    This event is one time only ? We have to try and get as many items as we can with the currency this time or it will happen again in the future ?
    Im excited to see the new items i can get
    Also the drops (mounts,wardrobe etc) come from the Hellbug Rifts or from completing the zone events ?
    The 3 new mounts that are random drops are different from these on sale on Rift store and available for currency ?
    I think you should assume this is a one time event.

I think this is the event that ran years ago when the Defiance game was originally launched, back in the Storm Legion era if I remember correctly.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

This event will return. And others like it with this currency. Unlike normal world events, the store will NOT remain available after the event ends, but will show up at various points through the year.

Also the drops (mounts,wardrobe etc) come from the Hellbug Rifts or from completing the zone events?
    The Hellbug specific items drop primarily from the Hellbug Rifts (and lesser chance from completing the zone events).

The more general, non Hellbug-specific drops come from completing zone events.

They are different, are not available for purchase, and have never been available on Live before now, though they have been available as dungeon drops on Prime.

Basically... think of this as the old Mayhem in Mathosia weekends meets the old promotional weekends (like Unicornalia or Budgie Madness), with the first one being Hellbug themed.

More Calls to Action will follow.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Nevermind, found the answer to my question on another thread.
    Last edited by Ariela; 08-02-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    This event will return. And others like it with this currency. Unlike normal world events, the store will NOT remain available after the event ends, but will show up at various points through the year.

The Hellbug specific items drop primarily from the Hellbug Rifts (and lesser chance from completing the zone events).

The more general, non Hellbug-specific drops come from completing zone events.

They are different, are not available for purchase, and have never been available on Live before now, though they have been available as dungeon drops on Prime.

Basically... think of this as the old Mayhem in Mathosia weekends meets the old promotional weekends (like Unicornalia or Budgie Madness), with the first one being Hellbug themed.

More Calls to Action will follow.

Τhanks for the answer!
    If I understand correct all the Call to action events will have the same currency ? The chaos mote ?
    Unicornalia and Badgie Madness will ever come back , and if yes what will happen to the old currency ?

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Unicornalia and Badgie Madness will ever come back , and if yes what will happen to the old currency ?
    The current plan is to sometime soon convert the other promo currencies to Chaos Motes (without any conversion loss).

But we wanted to spin up the event first and make sure we didn't miss anything before doing the conversion.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    The current plan is to sometime soon convert the other promo currencies to Chaos Motes (without any conversion loss).

But we wanted to spin up the event first and make sure we didn't miss anything before doing the conversion.
    Once this conversion happens will be be able to buy those old mounts with Chaos Motes or was all that grind meaningless (as far as those old mounts go)? A lot of players want(ed) the old promo events to come back so they can get some of these old mounts.

It sounds to me that future "Calls to Action" will involve things like Budgies and Unicornalia. It sounds like one recurring event (Call to Action) with lots of flavors (Hell Bugs now, Unicorns or Temporal mechs at future dates). All the events seem to have one currency (Chaos Motes) and a vendor (PRI Quartermaster). So during the Call To Action flavored how you like, you should be able to buy the old mounts. That's my take on how they are bringing back the events.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast