+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiance 2050 Invades RIFT Aug 2 Aug 6

Trying to get this done on my level 60 and it's really a right pain in the butt. Not only are there not enough Hellbug events, when they do pop the lvl 70s are zerging everything. Out of 3 zone events that I have managed to catch I am still only 6/15 Invasions
    Even the bosses die in just a few hits.

Also why on earth is there SO many death events? There is 3 of them up at the moment and zero Hellbug. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Then maybe there wouldn't be so many 70's zerging the events.
    Last edited by Hellishly; 08-04-2018 at 01:45 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hey all,

The hellbug event isn't giving currency the way that it should. Sorry about that! The good news is that we've put in a fix that will go live tomorrow morning. This means we'll need to take the game down for a couple of hours tomorrow. More details can be found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-3-2018-a.html. For those of you that've already done some of the rifts and didn't get your rewards, we will work on granting your currency back tomorrow after the patch. In the meantime, please do not wait to turn in your dailies as that may set you back a day on getting rewards.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team
    Thank you very much

Hey all,

The hellbug event isn't giving currency the way that it should. Sorry about that! The good news is that we've put in a fix that will go live tomorrow morning. This means we'll need to take the game down for a couple of hours tomorrow. More details can be found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-3-2018-a.html. For those of you that've already done some of the rifts and didn't get your rewards, we will work on granting your currency back tomorrow after the patch. In the meantime, please do not wait to turn in your dailies as that may set you back a day on getting rewards.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team
    Went away for the weekend, returned, and still don't see any refund for the events I did prior to the fix. Was the refund followed through or not?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Here are the Hellbug event counts. (The graphs will be updated to include more days after today as time marches on).

All: were you happy with the zone event frequency?

Personally, I'd prefer to have a zone vent for the CtA going nearly constantly. I got that this time by summoning Unnatural a ton on NA while I was on. For future CtAs I hope that we get more (e.g. the 26th on NA had 23 - if that was the intended frequency for the 2nd-6th too, that's too low imo. I'd say 2 per hour would be good?).

NA

EU

And hourly NA

Hourly EU
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Went away for the weekend, returned, and still don't see any refund for the events I did prior to the fix. Was the refund followed through or not?
    Heya - really sorry about this. I was under the understanding that it would be right after the patch but this did not happen. We are working on a new ETA for this and will get back to you when we know more.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Here are the Hellbug event counts. (The graphs will be updated to include more days after today as time marches on).

All: were you happy with the zone event frequency?

Personally, I'd prefer to have a zone vent for the CtA going nearly constantly. I got that this time by summoning Unnatural a ton on NA while I was on. For future CtAs I hope that we get more (e.g. the 26th on NA had 23 - if that was the intended frequency for the 2nd-6th too, that's too low imo. I'd say 2 per hour would be good?).

NA

EU

And hourly NA

Hourly EU
    Heya,

Just wanted to say that we really appreciate your feedback on this. We are definitely investigating ways to make the specific rifts spawn more frequently for future CTAs.

To give some background on this - as it turns out, the devs that originally ran these kinds of events have long since departed the RIFT team (several years ago). So while the existing devs knew of these events and were fully supportive of bringing them back, some of the variable parameters that make the event run the most smoothly have been lost to time. So now we have to tweak them as we run them moving forward.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37

Heya - really sorry about this. I was under the understanding that it would be right after the patch but this did not happen. We are working on a new ETA for this and will get back to you when we know more.
    To update this: there was definitely a miscommunication on our side with who was going to handle this. Our CS team has taken the last couple of days going through the reports and confirmed this morning that the grants should now be complete.

As an aside for those wondering about the high cost of the mounts with the currency - dev confirmed that it was never intended to have players be able to buy the mounts with the first call-to-action event. Instead, since the goal is to run these about every other weekend or so, that it would be something players would save up for. Additionally, at a later point, when we do the old event currency conversions to the new ones, players will get that currency converted 1:1 so that should bump some players up to be able to get mounts or be closer to getting them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3