+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiance 2050 Invades RIFT Aug 2 Aug 6

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Once this conversion happens will be be able to buy those old mounts with Chaos Motes
    The old mounts will be available. There will be no loss in conversion (so for most people, the conversion will get them much closer or past what they need to get to what they had been saving towards).

The specific mounts related to each old promo will only be available during the the time the event with that theme is active. i.e. this time, you can buy Hellbug stuff. During "Call to Action: Budgie Madness", you would use motes to buy Budgie stuff.

The plan is to start refitting each of the old promo events into this call to action format, then start adding additional themes, and basically build up a stable of events in this format so that something can be running every few weeks, even if the exact theme and activities keeps shifting.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    The old mounts will be available. There will be no loss in conversion (so for most people, the conversion will get them much closer or past what they need to get to what they had been saving towards).

The specific mounts related to each old promo will only be available during the the time the event with that theme is active. i.e. this time, you can buy Hellbug stuff. During "Call to Action: Budgie Madness", you would use motes to buy Budgie stuff.

The plan is to start refitting each of the old promo events into this call to action format, then start adding additional themes, and basically build up a stable of events in this format so that something can be running every few weeks, even if the exact theme and activities keeps shifting.
    Salvatrix, you are a hero!
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

This is a great addition to the game. The old Mayhem in Mathosia was always a lot of fun and a bit chaotic, and the old Promo week events were a good way to earn mounts, if a bit slow perhaps. I think this is a wonderful way to bring those two things back into Rift for current players to experience. I also really appreciate that you guys will convert the currency one to one for whenever the other Call to Actions happen.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Rift Chaser

Can't wait to go around murdering Budgie footholds when Call to Action: Budgie Madness comes around!
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

I'm in. Might make a purchase too. Hesitant but I may console myself with knowing its not the upper $10s or into $100s I would otherwise spend if RIFT had more frequent systems polish and larger content release. A fix up for Mayhem is something I want to reward if I enjoy.

Rift Disciple

Yes, yes, yes and yes. This makes me SO happy. This is a perfect solution to all those old promotional events. I have been wanting them back since I only got 1 unicorn and no other Promo mount in all the years I've been playing. Combining this all in Chaos Motes is genius. Thank you!

Hopefully they won't all be locked behind credit walls like the hellbug mounts are. Will the three hellbugs that dropped from Rifts still do so?
    Last edited by Youkaiyami; 08-01-2018 at 03:23 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Youkaiyami View Post
    Hopefully they won't all be locked behind credit walls like the hellbug mounts are.
    There will always be a store component as well, because... well we still need to run a viable business. That said, when the vendors turn and quest givers turn on tomorrow, you will find many of those Hellbug mounts also available on the vendor for purchase with the Motes.

So we are striving to have a balance there.

Will the three hellbugs that dropped from Rifts still do so?
    The drop tables for the rifts are unchanged, so yes. Plus some additional Hellbug loot chances added to the zone events in addition to the shared Call to Action loot tables that turn on during the events.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

There will always be a store component as well, because... well we still need to run a viable business. That said, when the vendors turn and quest givers turn on tomorrow, you will find many of those Hellbug mounts also available on the vendor for purchase with the Motes.

The drop tables for the rifts are unchanged, so yes. Plus some additional Hellbug loot chances added to the zone events in addition to the shared Call to Action loot tables that turn on during the events.
    You make a lot of players happy!
    I love so much how all these Call to action events will work!

Some credit walls were absolutely expected, and no fuss from me about it. It was just a bit disheartening to see them ALL credit without knowing the vendors would have them on official launch. A bit of missing information on my part I see! Thanks for the clarification!
    Last edited by Youkaiyami; 08-01-2018 at 04:08 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Hey all,

The hellbug event isn't giving currency the way that it should. Sorry about that! The good news is that we've put in a fix that will go live tomorrow morning. This means we'll need to take the game down for a couple of hours tomorrow. More details can be found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-3-2018-a.html. For those of you that've already done some of the rifts and didn't get your rewards, we will work on granting your currency back tomorrow after the patch. In the meantime, please do not wait to turn in your dailies as that may set you back a day on getting rewards.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hey all,

The hellbug event isn't giving currency the way that it should. Sorry about that! The good news is that we've put in a fix that will go live tomorrow morning. This means we'll need to take the game down for a couple of hours tomorrow. More details can be found here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-3-2018-a.html. For those of you that've already done some of the rifts and didn't get your rewards, we will work on granting your currency back tomorrow after the patch. In the meantime, please do not wait to turn in your dailies as that may set you back a day on getting rewards.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team
    So we're still to expect some kind of refund then. Or reimbursed for the ones we've done so far (however you seem to keep track of this).

I'll hold your word on that one!
    Fwob - Zaviel

Default I did NOT receive the Chaos Motes, as promised.

I logged in this evening, well after the patch, and even though I turned in my quests yesterday, I did not receive 10 motes each as a reward.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Rift Disciple

CTA dailies don't care if you're mentored. There are at least 3 70s in every event making it a royal pain to get dailies done. After Grim Remembrance dailies awarding regardless of level, I was hoping CTA would have been checked for this problem.

I hope future CTA's will deny progress to people nuking everything at 70, please!

Soulwalker

Question Where?

I must be blind, but where are these rifts supposed to be? I've been running around and shard hopping since Aug 2, and I have yet to see a single hellbug (bar one foothold in the Dendrome). All the fire rifts I've found have seemed to be the one with the wasps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast