+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Notice: Grim Remembrance Weapons

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Notice: Grim Remembrance Weapons

It has come to our attention that the Grim Remembrance weapons, despite displaying their intended level in the merchant window, were eqquipable by characters of any level.

This will be rectified in the next update. Characters with weapons equipped that were above their current level will find these items unequipped.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team

Do you guys really want the bad PR. Taking a leveling item away 3 weeks after it was published is not great customer service. You guys may have made a mistake when it was published but it used as an item while leveling. It has no inherent overpower that would make it attractive past hitting lvl 50. Or whatever iteration of RIFT you may be playing.

I hope I get mah currency back so that I may spend it on an item that I mayb can use. Or will the vendors remain and a currency refund is happening ?

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Do you guys really want the bad PR. Taking a leveling item away 3 weeks after it was published is not great customer service. You guys may have made a mistake when it was published but it used as an item while leveling. It has no inherent overpower that would make it attractive past hitting lvl 50. Or whatever iteration of RIFT you may be playing.

I hope I get mah currency back so that I may spend it on an item that I mayb can use. Or will the vendors remain and a currency refund is happening ?
    Hi,

On Prime it might just be a nice advantage, as the stats of the level 50 weapon are only 3x as high as the level 10 version. But this is how it looks on LIVE. It's basically a 100% 1-shot everything up to level 50 or so. Definitely not intended and to be fixed asap.

twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

There is no version but the lvl 50 on Prime. All players being created equal and all. Just have to participate in the event a bit.

One of the biggest complaints on Prime has been the time it takes to kill any individual mob. On Prime this item looks like something introduced to help alleviate the awful leveling grind.

I can see from that screenshot how it might be abused in the LIVE setting.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

In both settings, the merchant window displays the weapon level immediately next to the button to buy it. This was clearly a bug and will be fixed in the next update.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    This.

You do realize that we will be left without an equipped weapon, since most of the people are using the Grim Remberance one since three weeks or so?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    In both settings, the merchant window displays the weapon level immediately next to the button to buy it. This was clearly a bug and will be fixed in the next update.
    So on Prime we will be able to buy the lv 20,30 and 40 version after the update or do they stay unbuyable like for weeks?
    Last edited by Hawkeye2; 07-30-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Sure, but like, its been weeks (+ whatever time you were supposed to test this).

At least you're not banning people for 'exploiting' the vendors, but that's the lowest bar.

Grim Remembrance has been an interesting event to say the least.

So why not make them scale with level? Going to be interesting for people who log on to find they have no equipable weapons. I guess they have to try and kill stuff with their bare hands until they can get new weapons?

This team will let the event go longer, I have no doubts about it. Thank you in advance.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Default I'm on Prime....

I have a lvl 18 and a lvl 26 that bought these weapons and, of course, I sold the items that were replaced....so I will be up the creek without a paddle, erm. weapon.

I mostly play my lvl 50 main, with the two alts being used for crafting purposes and events, so i may never lvl them to 50.....which I guess means I wasted the currency on these.

Do you think a refund is doable?

Or maybe just leave things as is.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

Telaran

You also know that on Prime, only lvl50 weapons can be purchased ?
    And like every one, unequip my weapons will left my warrior lvl40 without any weapons since I sold all old weapons.
    So doing this you kill my avatar on Prime ...

King of Slackers

i blame Soulghost :P

Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by werebadger View Post
    You also know that on Prime, only lvl50 weapons can be purchased ?
    And like every one, unequip my weapons will left my warrior lvl40 without any weapons since I sold all old weapons.
    So doing this you kill my avatar on Prime ...
    The clear level 50 label on the vendor window should have been quite an indicator that they're not intended for low level characters. Thus getting rid of your level appropriate weapons was entirely on you.

That said. I may go start crafting some lowbie green weapons and list them on the AH lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    The clear level 50 label on the vendor window should have been quite an indicator that they're not intended for low level characters. Thus getting rid of your level appropriate weapons was entirely on you.
    Personally I bought first the level 65 one on Live (I'm level 66), then I realized by inspecting people that were around my level range, that they had the same weapon I had but with better stats. I was like: "How on Earth is this even possible?". Afterwards I remembered that the weapons sold by the Grim Rememberance vendor share the same name despite being of a different level, and I decided to check the vendor again to notice that I could use even the level 70 one, and thus I obviously bought it.
    Since I am level 66 I thought that I could use for some strange reason even the level 70 weapon, but I didn't think it had no level restrictions whatsover.

You understand that there was no point in keeping the old weapon laying around in bags or bank, when you have a far better one equipped. You can't really blame people for selling or runebreaking the old item, expecially because we're using it for quite a long time. Also the event was meant to end a week ago, it's kinda fun they are noticing the mistake when the vendor and the items she sells shouldn't even be available anymore.

Today is gonna be the last Grim Rememberance day, I've 240 Otherwordly Sourcestones and I'm unable to buy (for the third time) a new weapon before tomorrow's patch makes unusable the one I have equipped. The only option I have is buying one off of the AH, but you can understand that I'm "paying" for someone else's mistake, and that's far from being fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast